Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rate the Officers in the below situation.....
Fairly normal.... 8 34.78%
Bumbling Morons with a badge... 15 65.22%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2005, 06:55 PM
antidisestablishmentarian

Send a message via AIM to Rd96SVX Send a message via MSN to Rd96SVX
My drive home from work....SUCKED!!

I'm going to try and set this up the best I can...
4PM , time to go home, I get in the SVX and get on the expressway(very nearly rush hour traffic) I have about 15 miles to travel to get home. I only made it 3 of them before....

Traffic is starting to pick up and the cars in front of me are stopping, so I follow the lead and get on the brakes(just firmly) and come to a stop. I've been noticing a red Ford Ranger coming up on me pretty quick SO in aticipation of him not being ablt to stop, I get on the gas and head for the median.. man I almost made it. At this point I hear his brakes lock up and he kinda follows me into the grass to avoid hitting the car that was in front of me. I get tapped once, then the blue malibu behind the truck NAILS him and I get tapped again. The red VW Beetle hits the malibu and the VW Jetta hits the Beetle.. thus ending the domino effect.
So, everybody is ok and makes it out of the cars to the median.. the malibu/VWs are still in the road a bit and heavily damaged.. I get out to see what is up and notice the Beetle in ON FIRE underneath the engine ( fixed that with my extinguisher I keep in the trunk... which I had to climb into from the backseat because my trunk is borked from being smacked.. UGH)

I make sure everybody is out and ok, then dial the Cops. Well it was only a few minutes later two nice occifers respond.. we'll just call them o1 and o2 from now on.. when it SHOULD really be "Tweedle DUMB" and "Tweedle DUMBEREREST" IMHO. but I'll let you decide later.

Yadda yadda, cops do thier thing and gather the licenses and Insurance stuff. and then they get into trying to get "the story" LOL.. this is where the tragedy becomes comical. I have already outlined what went on, as I was "tagged" first, so I got to watch it all happen behind me.
The driver that hit me and I are together with the story.. and the VWs didn't see jack-squat due to airbags... SO, the lady in the blue malibu turns out to be pregnant(not really important, just a side note) But she tells the cops that there was another car that was between her and the truck that left the scene..?!?!?!! OKAY NOW... by this time I have inspected all the vehicle and have noted blue paint on the truck and red paint on the malibu.. seems pretty simple to me... BUT o1 and o2 buy this chick's story.. for whatever reason.. be it stupidity or whatever.. This means that there is a car driving around Louisville, Ky that has the front painted blue and the rear painted red.. with heavy damage to both ends(but is still drivable ..yeah right.. how'd I miss that...)
At this point I try to reason with o1.... showing him the paint off the respective cars and such... to no avail, o2 called him over and had a pow-wow that ended in the conclusion that o2 had already written that there is a "mystery bi-colored car" that has left the scene.. ugh.. so again, I try, this time challenging o2.. LOL, I get the classic.. "I'VE BEEN DOING THIS 30 YEARS" BULL MALARKY.. and I'm thinking.. wow, how many accident report have you screwed up if this is how you do it???......
to wrap this up.. I was allowed to leave since I was not at fault for anything.. So I can only HOPE that this gets straightened out once the insurance investigators come in.. and do thier job (prove the malibu-driving pregnant lady is lying)

Damage to the SVX is pretty minimal.. rear plastic panel that houses the "subaru SVX" is cracked...few scratches, dent, and some paint gone.. oh and the trunk BORKED ... no pics, sorry
25,000 lb GVW Trans-Cooler
Wet-sanded "cleared" Headlights
Charcoal 22% Tint
Removed intake resonator
'95 Probe GT Wheels
'97 grille

"New Addition" 1992 Teal LS-L
+156k mi.
Status... Reconditioning

Last edited by Rd96SVX; 07-27-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gravija
the only reason the cops bought the story was because she was pregnant
she probably would've had her license suspended/revoked and probably can't even pay the higher insurance premium that's going to come with this.
She'll get caught

and you can't reason with cops, its like most of them lose it while they are in the academy training to be one.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:27 PM
SVX Appeal

Trying to tell an officer they're wrong is like pushing on a rope.

A few officers will immediately concede that they may have perhaps, just possibly, could have, slightly miscalculated. ...due to an error of omission on your part, of course. If they don't immediately correct the little "miscommunication" then it's hopeless. If you persist, they get angry. Your only option is to trick them, but if you succeed, they get even angrier. I'd like to think it was possible to give constructive criticism to an officer, but then again I'd like to rule the world and own ten SVXs. ...make that eleven.

I will grant officers one thing: They have to deal with a lot of jackasses everyday, and most of them are wrong. By virtue of habit, their default perspective is that they are right and you are wrong. In most cases, why would they even be dealing with someone unless they thought that person was already wrong in some respect? Although it takes a big man to admit they are wrong, I still respect someone who sticks to their guns. Obviously, in a case where the facts are indisputable, there's a time to fold your cards. They don't teach that in police academy. It's hard to do gracefully.

Though tempted, I'm not going to pick apart that story. I will be good. I will resist. I won't, I won't, I won't.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
What is the benafit of another car being there? She still rear ended someone.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I never lived there..... but WELCOME TO KENTUCKY. Sorry I had to do it. I did vote fairly normal as I had a couple situations much like the one you speak of. There is no talking to cops....their skulls are as thick as concrete

Tom
Old 07-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Huckette

i voted fairly normal for the cops...mainly cuz i know an excop, and thats pretty much how he is. he's right all the time, no matter what, and will not listen to reason.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:53 PM

ahhhh.. lol, I was wondering when people would catch on to my "rigged" poll... good job Tom and Sommer... fairly normal police behavior is what i was thinking too, but that IS moronic..
Charcoal 22% Tint
Removed intake resonator
'95 Probe GT Wheels
'97 grille

+156k mi.
Status... Reconditioning
Old 07-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Hey- I think that beats the time some dumbass changed lanes into me, then blamed me for not avoiding him...???
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
So what I'm hearing is the 2 poll choices are one and the same. "Fairly normal" cop behavior, which is "bumbling and moronic". I can't agree entirely, having met, as in pulled over, by fairly normal, able to listen without falling asleep, police/hiway patrol personnel. Only wish these were in the majority.

Glenn

"pushing on a rope" hahahahahaha!!!

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket
Old 07-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

My commuting has been going good, less traffic now, people on vacation and no trouble from the police because I obey all the laws. Well I just make sure I'm not the fastest car on the road.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:57 PM

dagnabit .... I was told that I would start getting upset about this whole thing after the shock wore off.... that person was right. As I am starting to find some damage caused by the collision .. as follows

1. CRACKED RADIATOR (ever so slightly, but it was not there before I got hit)
2. A/C gas leak (the gas was full, now is empty)
3. exhaust system rattle (coming from the back)
4. I haven't found 4 yet but at this rate... who knows.....
Charcoal 22% Tint
Removed intake resonator
'95 Probe GT Wheels
'97 grille

+156k mi.
Status... Reconditioning
Old 08-04-2005, 01:08 PM
komm.zu.mir

I had some lady yell at friends and I when she failed to yield to us.

We'd been in the right hand lane of a two lane road, and she was off to the right, about to merge into these lanes (she was supposed to be yielding); so she jumps right in front of our oncoming car, no slowing down at the yield, no nothing. And we weren't quite a bit away, we were mere yards away.

We stopped at the next light to ask her why she hadn't yielded, to which she hollered "You were supposed to yield to me !"

Some people...
Old 08-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Jayahalasi

Quote:
"What is the benafit of another car being there? She still rear ended someone."
The Benefit is that her/her insurance won't have to pay for any damage to the truck. as she didn't hit it.. and since the "Mystery Car" dled the scene before the cops showed up They are not entitled to anything so both her car and the truck will be fixed via their unisured motorists claim... that is assuming their insurance agents don't just laugh at them when the start talking about a "miystery bi-colored car"...