Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 10:46 AM

the reason some areas have more svxi than others, in my opiinion, is the marketing.

of course, the fact of the AWD and the luxury were big factors as well, but the demographics of certain areas are what made the svx sell in certain areas.

in my area, there are relatively a lot. i see one every other day it seems. i think that in my area (full of yuppies!) the marketing campaign struck home back when they came out with the svx, not to mention the people in my area actually have the money.

when i was looking to get my svx, i found many in my area. lo and behold, a majority of the ones i found were one owner deals, with the cars staying in the same area their entire lives.

so i say: initially the main users of the svx (originally) were the yups who could afford them and occaisionally used the awd power, and now, most owners are into the AWD, looks, and POWAR

just my thoiughts
Old 06-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Go Riders Go!

Send a message via MSN to Canuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxImUmZ
Sorry but I believe its the fact that its a Wayne Gretzky card, not only the rarity. Im sure every other card in that set is just as rare and not worth as much. The fact is Wayne Gretzky performed at a higher level
All of the other cards in that set can be bought quite easily. The Gretzky card is "rare" because most of them are now out of circulation. Once somebody has one, they tend to keep it. I will sell my 92 to the right person at the right price, but I will never sell my 93 Anniversary Edition, it is now out of circulation. That makes that edition a little more rare and thus more valuable to those who collect and appreciate such things.

When it comes to "collecting" (cards or cars) it doesn't have to be "great" it just has to be harder to find. I don't consider the DeLorean or a Bricklen to be an engineering marvel but I'd sure like to get one for the collection.
1993 25th Anniversary Edition ~74K #291

I like mine rare.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:05 PM
On a SVX board with a Z31 name

Send a message via AIM to MaxImUmZ Send a message via Yahoo to MaxImUmZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck
All of the other cards in that set can be bought quite easily. The Gretzky card is "rare" because most of them are now out of circulation. Once somebody has one, they tend to keep it. I will sell my 92 to the right person at the right price, but I will never sell my 93 Anniversary Edition, it is now out of circulation. That makes that edition a little more rare and thus more valuable to those who collect and appreciate such things.

When it comes to "collecting" (cards or cars) it doesn't have to be "great" it just has to be harder to find. I don't consider the DeLorean or a Bricklen to be an engineering marvel but I'd sure like to get one for the collection.
yea but lets be honest if yugo put out a car they only made 50 of I doubt anyone would jump on that chance. Im also not arguing I wouldn't hang on to one, but the only thing I was trying to say was it would have been nice if they had something that set them apart from any other SVX other than just a sticker. Something that made you turn your head and go wow thats an AE.

Last edited by MaxImUmZ; 06-14-2005 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:09 PM

Quote:
I don't consider the DeLorean or a Bricklen to be an engineering marvel but I'd sure like to get one for the collection.
not an engineering marvel?!?!?!? Are you kidding me, DeLoreans go back in time!!
Old 06-15-2005, 05:51 AM
red95svx

Quote:
not an engineering marvel?!?!?!? Are you kidding me, DeLoreans go back in time!!

They should have gone Back To The Factory!

Dave
Old 06-15-2005, 06:44 PM

Canuck has done a good job defending the mighty Anniversary Edition SVX! props to him for that, ps mine has lower miles
1993 SVX Anniversary Edition #64
Old 06-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Go Riders Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxthc
Canuck has done a good job defending the mighty Anniversary Edition SVX! props to him for that, ps mine has lower miles
Oh yea, well mine is newer! And, my Dad is bigger than yours, so there!

I like mine rare.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:26 AM

Quote:

most of them are now out of circulation, because Wayne Gretzky performed at a higher level then all the other players from that year and therefore people want his card more. There were just as many Wayne Gretzkys as anyone else and it would have stayed that way if he has not performed better than anyone else. Once again I do believe it comes back to better performance
Old 07-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
so, the aniversary was the first real change to the SVX. It had a red shell and a beige interior which was never seen before on an SVX. Just because they made them later on doesn't mean that they weren't special then. The aniversaries also started the flexible high pressure PS line and the exhaust gas temp sensor. But that means very little to many

Tom
Old 07-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Go Riders Go!

Quote:
most of them are now out of circulation, because Wayne Gretzky performed at a higher level then all the other players from that year and therefore people want his card more. There were just as many Wayne Gretzkys as anyone else and it would have stayed that way if he has not performed better than anyone else. Once again I do believe it comes back to better performance
Woa, I thought this thread died a looong time ago. Are we talking about the SVX or Wayne Gretzky rookie cards?

No matter what you say, I'm never going to sell you either (my 93 AE or Gretzky rookie card); you'll have to (TRY TO) find your own

I like mine rare.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:30 PM
magickfingers

Quote:
... I will never sell my 93 Anniversary Edition, it is now out of circulation. ...
Last i checked, ALL of the SVXi were "now out of circulation"...Marc
Old 07-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Tofu

Chrysler only made 23 LeBaron convertibles with the 2.2 liter Turbo IV Variable Nozzle Turbo, but if you wave a $2000 check at a LeBaron owner's convention you'll have to duck as car keys and titles are flung at your head.

"Special" is a lot like money. The inherent value of the object (car, rectangle piece of funny colored paper) is very little. Value is only added based on the number of people who agree that the object is worth something. The more people that share the belief that the object in question is valuable, the more valuable it becomes. It's a self-sustaining system. If everyone felt the way Canuck does, 93AEs would be worth a couple million, easily.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:22 PM
SVX Voyeur

This is a funny thread. I have to say the Red stands out. Very nice. To think I could have bought one back in 2000. I had no cash at the time. My Grandpa who gave me mine had a 1992 Wht, Red SPECIAL Ed. and the 92 Teal. I ended up with the Teal. Still love it when people come up to me and ask me what the hell is that
1981 FIAT Spider 120,000Miles

50% Boxer
Old 07-05-2005, 10:48 PM
fl_svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by US to CDN SVX
This is a funny thread. I have to say the Red stands out. Very nice. To think I could have bought one back in 2000. I had no cash at the time. My Grandpa who gave me mine had a 1992 Wht, Red SPECIAL Ed. and the 92 Teal. I ended up with the Teal. Still love it when people come up to me and ask me what the hell is that
I had to have my tires rebalanced and the techie asked my if it was Ford Probe !!!!! I told him that he should be careful, she might hear him. I told him you could get 3 Probes for what this car cost new. Can you believe it? a Probe?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Go Riders Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu
Chrysler only made 23 LeBaron convertibles with the 2.2 liter Turbo IV Variable Nozzle Turbo, but if you wave a $2000 check at a LeBaron owner's convention you'll have to duck as car keys and titles are flung at your head.

"Special" is a lot like money. The inherent value of the object (car, rectangle piece of funny colored paper) is very little. Value is only added based on the number of people who agree that the object is worth something. The more people that share the belief that the object in question is valuable, the more valuable it becomes. It's a self-sustaining system. If everyone felt the way Canuck does, 93AEs would be worth a couple million, easily.
I'm working on it!

It's very true what you say about the value being whatever people are willing to pay. Going back to the sports card comparison, when you look at a valuation guide to colletables it means nothing; the monetary value REALLY is whatever the next person is willing to pay. Some people pay huge amounts of $ for cards of nobodys, just because they are misprints, rare or whatever. Those cards are valuable or have value to "collectors"; to somebody who just wants a sports card, it means very little. Look at stamps, why are some worth collecting while others are only good for mailing letters? It's the limited production. They all have the same face value and can all be used to mail a letter but the limited production makes some stamps a collectable. It seems that in the case of the SVX, "collectors" place a higher value on the 93 AE and those who just want an SVX will just buy the best one they can get at the best price.

Although there is very little difference between any stock SVX, ask anybody with a 92 or 94 if they would trade even for a 93 AE in the same condition with the same mileage etc. and they would jump at the offer.

I like mine rare.