Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 05-23-2005, 06:18 PM

Hey Paulie

Are you driving down on Sunday? If so you could start your drive with Kienan's dad and brother Then you will both have a nice long cruise down the Pacific Hwy.

I'm pumped for Sunday.

I left a note on the black svx on McCarrs Ck road last Sat so hopefully they will come too....

Moshol
Old 05-23-2005, 06:24 PM
MisanthropyV

No, I will be heading down on Saturday. They are apparenly catching heaps of Hair-tail's in the Hawksbury...
Old 05-23-2005, 09:43 PM
newportclaret

Coronation Street

Hi MisanthropyV
Assuming you're coming down Mona Vale Road you get to Pittwater Road at Mona Vale and turn right at the T-intersection traffic lights with Red Rooster on your right and a large building site on your left that used to have a lot of speed boats in it, then you drive about 800m and turn left at the first set of traffic lights you get to (Coronation Street) which is the entrance to Mona Vale Hospital (the Perfect Hospital site - it's under threat from our egomaniacal state government and we're trying to save it) then you turn into the first street on your right which is a bit of a hill with a park on the corner and I think we're lining up alongside that park, but I'm not really sure and I don't know what time yet - ANYONE, ANYONE?
Karin
Old 05-23-2005, 09:58 PM
MisanthropyV

Awesome.
That's only about 100 metres from my mates place, I think. He lives on Cook Terrace...

See you there
Old 05-24-2005, 07:12 PM

YAY! I spoke to Blake last night and he is coming too- Blake has the best kept svx in Aus

How does everyone feel about meeting at 12:30 at Coronation St Mona Vale and drive to Palm Beach before meeting at St Ives at 2pm?

Have to go will continue msg later!
Old 05-28-2005, 04:36 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
Add to the list!!

Hey Gang, looks I can make it after all
I was only thinking about being able to get out of flying if it was raining, I hadn't thought about the possibility of a howling gale blowing on the day.
Couldn't fly to Taree today, managed to get off the ground and realized all I wanted to do was GET BACK ON THE GROUND!
Quote:
Newportclaret would definitely need to park in a different car park so that the SVXionados don't get too close and see the neglect and ignorance in her panels.
Don't feel too bad newport, you can park next to me, my car could make a commodore look good!
Hope to see you all,
Arthur.
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!
Old 05-28-2005, 04:53 AM

IT's ON!

YAY!

Tommorrow is ON, the biggest svx meet in 2 years! (sydney)

i've spoken to Terry & Blake, they are meeting us at Coronation 12:30 along with Karin & Tony aka Newport claret (i'm Monavale verdhelo tonight!), Paulie, Jason & Arthur....

Yippiee! See all of you then, i'm so excited!

Moshol
ps. we just dug up some pics from Newcastle last year, they will be here soon
Old 05-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Mr Soob

Thumbs up Peekaboo

I've been watching you.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178
Old 05-29-2005, 03:52 AM
Mr Soob

Smile Hehehe

Gotcha! Surprise attendee

Well, I had a great day! Thank all of you so much! We absolutely must have another one in the future.

Looks like Jay Dubya is already on, putting up the pics.
C'monC'monC'monC'mon!!
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178

Last edited by McTaff; 05-29-2005 at 03:55 AM.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:36 AM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
The photos that I took have been uploaded!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?JDW-SVX|26715

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 05-29-2005, 04:44 AM
Financial Contributing Supporter
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Sunday Metting 29/05/05

Just to let you all know; my photo's of the day are in my locker under the user name moyadon. Sorry, mine are only low res. Nice ones of Michelle's car. Very nice of Terry and Byron to join our small fraternity...

Regards,

Blake
Old 05-29-2005, 05:02 AM
Financial Contributing Supporter
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Moyadon Locker link

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?moyadon|26714

Should have provided a link on the foregoing message, sorry.

regards,

Blake
Old 05-29-2005, 05:06 AM
newportclaret

great day - thanks everyone!

I had a great day - thanks everyone. It was great to meet you all, though with an element of great sadness for Terry and Byron which I was unaware of until today and it knocked the stuffing clear out of me. I hope that each day gets easier for you three and you keep on propping each other up. Sounds like Kienan lived it to the fullest - he drove an SVX, say no more.

Good night, sweet dreams of SVXs.
Karin
Old 05-29-2005, 07:38 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
A Drive to Lunch

It finally happened!
More than three SVX's at the same place, at the same time, eight in fact! Yay!
After an intial greeting near Mona Vale Hospital (which I almost missed), then a sunny photo oppertunity at the Palm Beach car park, the eight SVX's drove in convoy through the scenic Ku-Ring-Gai national park to the Saint Ives shopping centre.
The rest of the afternoon was spent eating, drinking and generally being merry at 'Papas Gourmet Pizza & Pasta restaurant'.
(http://www.stivesvillage.com.au/StRe...food/papas.htm)
A diverse bunch with mainly the SVX as our only common thread, I think our hearts still went out to Kienan's dad (Terry) and brother (Byron), who attended in his honour.
Hey guys, we owe you one! (well seven really!)
Arthur.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SVX Lunch.jpg (204.4 KB, 113 views)
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!
Old 05-29-2005, 10:39 PM

Long way home...

I had such a blast!

It was great to see you all again and to meet new addition Mr. Soob! You have great self control to not speak up when your car was sighted Pete and just appearing on the day was a top surprise.

Terry and Byron, I’m so glad I could meet with you and chat about Kienan- I can't imagine how tough your last year must have been. The lunch/dinner was superb and thanks for your incredible generosity and kind words Terry. We'll have to do it again ASAP & we o u! Next time we could come up your way perhaps...

Top photos Jason, Blake and Arthur- I am a dismal photographer and now it's good to know I don't need to try as you captured the day perfectly

Paulie how is your battery going? I didn't get to say goodbye last night sorry- all that car pushing and jump starting...

Karin, I’m looking forward to more sightings in the area- I couldn't resist leaving with the pack last night which meant going the long way home. On this 'long way home' journey I think I proved that my svx is the fastest Jason!

Until next time.....
Moshol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: