Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 02-05-2005, 04:29 PM

lack of keenness

hmm

a perfect beach day in sydney and jason i think we are the only available people for a drive so once again....... on hold until some more dedicated svx fans can be found!

just watching the start of the 2km ocean swim from window, wish i could do it! think i might go snorkelling instead
Old 02-05-2005, 05:13 PM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX

Where is everyone???

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX
Old 02-07-2005, 07:26 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
London

I have a good excuse!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 02-09-2005, 02:01 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
Quote:
Where is everyone???
I'll just have to get my students to fly out over the coast, And I'll Wave!!!
Arthur.
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!
Old 03-03-2005, 07:19 AM
MisanthropyV

...and I'm a lazy bum that never hops on the net...sorry guys!

A meet would be GREAT!
Old 03-03-2005, 02:36 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by MisanthropyV
A meet would be GREAT!
The only question is when?

Moshol - can you round up everyone else...................

.............newportclaret - hint hint........!

I haven't seen another SVX for several weeks now................

........and those that I have seen are only visible for a few seconds!!!

..........I'm getting withdrawl symptoms here!!!!

Jason.

Old 03-03-2005, 07:03 PM

I am also having withdrawal symptoms- and svx is looking a bit poorley- i am moving in 2 weeks- no more svx exposed to elements of sun & salt!
Old 03-04-2005, 04:15 PM
newportclaret

we're keen

newport claret are keen, it's just that we have three time taker upperers under 5yrs old and we really need an SVX people mover (perish the thought) to get us to the Sunday meets
Old 03-08-2005, 12:15 AM

Mona Vale

Hi Karin aka Newport claret

I had a strange meeting with Mr. Newport claret the week before last- does he not share your enthusiasm?! I nearly caused an accident when I noticed yours down a street in Narrabeen and did a u turn on Pittwater road. Then I sat and waited until someone arrived at your car- he did but was not keen to chat and went to check the surf. Must be a female svx thing! I am moving to Mona Vale next week so I’m sure there will be many more sighting opportunities and I might see you in the woolies car park

Michelle
Old 03-09-2005, 03:38 AM
newportclaret

Mistaken identity

Hi Michelle
Typical!!! - the day you actually see the driver of our car it's not us - for a minute there I thought Tony must have been having an affair and had taken up some mid-life crisis hobby (surfing) - we were on holiday down the south coast that week and our neighbours were house and car sitting. SPRUNG - it was either our neighbour or his son and they were probably feeling a little bit guilty out and about in the baby, blissfully unaware of the SVX mafia's presence - see! you don't need a police force when you own an SVX - SVX MAFIA - THEY'RE OUT THERE . Our neighbour is a fireman and he played a prank on Tony when we came home saying that the Fire Department closed off Wakehurst Parkway so that he could crank the SVX up to 260km/hr down the parkway (major roadkill) - now I'm thinking maybe it wasn't a prank.

Tony would certainly have chatted with you until you started talking technical petrol head stuff, then he'd have high-tailed it home to safety. Sorry that our neighbour or whoever wasn't so amiable.

Good choice of suburb to live in (for SVX spotting) I saw a black on white coming down Barrenjoey Road towards Mona Vale today, but missed the rego - no blood handy (wasn't BJ 119).

- see you in Mona Vale Woolies - I'll be the one with the stressed, sleep-deprived, bad hair day, PMT, mother look on my face fanging it down the nappy aisle!

Karin
Old 03-09-2005, 03:47 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportclaret
SVX MAFIA - THEY'RE OUT THERE
I couldn't have put it better myself!

Jason. (frustrated that there never seem to be any SVXs in his area!)

Old 03-11-2005, 05:56 AM

Phew!

Hi Karin

I am very relieved that the svx in question was not yourself or your husband (well I knew it wasn't you!) because I was rather taken aback by the lack of interest shown by your neighbor.

I will now give you a precise account of what happened on that fateful afternoon.

I pulled into the street where I spotted your svx - near the fire station (makes sense) and a surf board shop. It's a small street with the ocean at the end. I parked behind your svx and started waiting. Then I realised that the interior of my svx was looking less than perfect. Why do men keep the interior of their car so spotless always and women have so much more trouble getting that 'fresh out of the showroom/car detailers' look? To pass the time waiting for ? to come back I quickly set to work to get mine to the standards of Jason or Paulie. This involved:

Putting Chris’s hiking boots and one of my shoes from last Saturday night in the boot along with a gym towel, sun shade thing, coke bottle, water bottle. Then I noticed the door and removed: parking tickets from the mall, petrol receipts, notes, mentos wrappers, picnic wrapper, gum wrapper. Nail polish, moisturizer, bracelet & hair brush…. A number of cds, some of which were missing a cover- these had been strategically placed (within reach of driver’s seat) to areas where scratch potential was lowest.

Believe it or not I almost always throw my rubbish in the bin and I clean the car out every 10 days when I wash it! Anyway, I’m loosing track of my story.......

By the time I had finished there was nothing but my bag on the passenger seat so I turned svx around and parked opposite yours and continued waiting. 5 mins later a man walked over to your passenger door. yay! He opened it and I got out of my car and walked over. Here is the convo we had:

me: 'hi'
him: 'hi'
me: 'nice svx'
him: grunt
me: 'I have an svx too'
him: 'i can see that'
silence
him (as he walked off with ciggarette...) ....'checking the surf'

me: flabbergasted, shaking head

I walked back to my car and got in and looked in the mirror and he was at the end of the street. I wasn't sure if he was coming back to talk but I wasn't going to give him the time after that convo so I pushed my foot to the floor and took off. Now it all makes sense- he wasn't really the owner and clearly had not idea of how fantastic svx’s really are.

6 days until we leave manly for good!

BTW Jason- I think your area has the highest per capita svx ownership in Sydney so no complaining thanks

Moshol

ps don't be too annoyed at him- he was in the dark!
Old 03-11-2005, 06:12 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshols vx
BTW Jason- I think your area has the highest per capita svx ownership in Sydney so no complaining thanks
How do you know that?

If that is the case, then SVXs are even rarer than I thought - because I hardly ever see them around my area!

Jason.

Old 03-13-2005, 07:39 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
I hate to say it but there have been a few occasions like that for me in the years since I have been interested in the car.

Most memorable was when I had a phone call after my SVX appeared in the used car review in Unique Cars.....a guy looking, correction, DEMANDING advice on his SVX (shifting funny apparently...hums JAWS theme!).....I thought that I recognised the voice/tone and asked him whether he had a charcoal grey one...this freaked him out but which was nothing compared to when I told him his rego!!! I had seen this car around 2 years previously and went up to chat to the fellow who was as rude as the guy you dealt with!!

Needless to say, I told him to contact his local Subaru dealership and ended the call...wonder how he liked the $5000 qoute to fix a tranny!!

Wicked I know, but I really had no inclination to assist someone who had carried on like that and clearly had a 'GIMMIE GIMMIE' personality - if he eventually finds our group it will be because he had to look himself because I was not going to tell him, definitely was not someone that I wanted on cruises or meets.

Damn...having withdrawal symtoms again!

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 03-14-2005, 03:52 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
Quote:
Why do men keep the interior of their car so spotless
You would think different if you found me on the street un-announced.
Talking of less than communicative
SVX drivers, it reminds me of the middle eastern bloke I followed in a white SVX one night.
I caught up with him at some lights where I was to turn right.
With me in the right turn lane, and him in the lane next to me, I powered down the wife's window and loudly said "G'Day!", to which he looked at us as if we were driving a camry.
I tapped at the split window frame I case he didn't recognise the car, to which he continued to stare disdainfully until the lights changed, whereupon he just took off down the road as if I was going to race him from the right turn lane, changing lanes without indicating as he went.

Sidenote; In my fourteen years of driving the three Subi's I've owned, I've tended to notice that usually the most curtious drivers on the roads are other Subi owners, had he stolen that one?
Are we really the most law abiding drivers? (speed limits excepted!!)
Rego was
black on white AAS-49Q
Arthur
ps, If any of this looks weird, I'm just getting used to my new computer running Mac OS.X.
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: