SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-03-2001, 12:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Food (Soup) for thought

Hi All,

One of my friends sent this to me and I thought I would share it. It seems that Campbell Soup is going to donate some cans to the victims of the Sept. 11 tragedy if we click on an NFL team. The site must be very crowded. It takes forever plusa day to upload.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is one way to help our friends in New York, Washington DC, and Pennsylvania without it costing you any money. People in New York and DC are going to be having to hit foodbanks hard. There will be a need in NY for the soup. Below is an easy way to help....
Campbell's is donating a can of soup to area foodbanks just by clicking on a football helmet at their website. Now, I know there are some pretty diehard football fans out there (The Steelers are currently the #4 donator -
LETS BE #1), so let's see which team gets the most support and help some hungry people, too! It's quick, easy, and can be done once a day. To date Steelers only have about 30,000 cans donated - Green Bay has over 100,000.
I have created a hyper link to directly connect you to their website. Just click on this web address ( http://www.chunky.com/click_for_cans.asp
<http://www.chunky.com/click_for_cans.asp> ) then click on your favorite teams helmet (I hope it is the EAGLES) and Campbell has donated a can of soup.
That is it! Please pass this to a friend or 2,3,4...

Thank you for your support.

Larry III
Old 10-03-2001, 12:30 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
A look on Snopes reveales that the site is actually there and that Cambell's ran the same promotion last December. Apparently the total donation came to 5 million cans.

BUT Cambell's refuses to tell anyone how the promo works, or even who the cans are donated to, calling the info 'proprietary.'

It smells bad and I am doubtful.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 10-03-2001 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-03-2001, 12:38 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
GO PACK!!!!