Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-29-2004, 09:27 PM

The weirdest (and annoying) thing...

That intermitent beep we hear when the key is in the ignition but the driver's door is still opened... that beep that makes us close that door as fast as possible to make it shut the hell up... that fu$%ing beep... it's now on... all the time!!!

Ok maybe not all the time. Here is my problem. When the key is turned to the "ON" position (before or right after having started the engine), I hear the beep... even when the door is closed. Funniest thing (so to speak) is that at first, it's a regular intermittent beep (exactly like if the door was opened), but then it starts beeping faster and faster until the moment it becomes just a continuous beeeeeeeeep... It's kinna like the electrocardiogram of someone right before he dies (and then dies): the heart accelerates until it flatlines.

Then if I'm lucky, it stops within the next 30 seconds or so... but sometimes not. It is the most annoying thing... especially since being so high pitched. If you guys don't know what might be causing this, then just tell me how to diconnect that thing.

I don't know if it's relevant, but I live in Canada and with all the snow that gets in the car, although it's usually frozen when the car is left outside, it does start to melt if the car is parked inside or during long drives. The car's windows then tend to get foggy, sometimes to the point that the rear defroster isn't up to the task (it leaves ice in between the lines). I'm mentionning this because I thought this could be due to the humidity in the car, because I really haven't been playing at all with any of the circuitry... thought it might be ashort somewhere. Is there any related circuitry beneath the carpet that could be short by water?
Old 01-29-2004, 10:12 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Since yours is a 95 I don't think this is your problem, but I know if my automatic seatbelts are disconnected it makes a very similar beeping sound to what you described. Can the non-automatic belts be released?

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 01-29-2004, 10:22 PM

There is a plug that I left unplugged under the driver's seat (back when I redid my leather interior) and that is the wetest possible spot in the whole car... I guess that if it is just laying in a puddle of water, it could be the cause of my problem. I'll check it tomorrow! Good pointer man. Thanks.