Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-24-2001, 12:12 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Countdown to Autofest!

Just four more days to Autofest. I'm getting really Jazzed! It's gonna be a great weekend with Steve & Sharon (wasions), Bill and Abbie (Svxter) and, of course, one of the first SVXers I remember meeting in person Nick (cube/Mr. Pockets). I decided to take all day Friday off for the occasion. We'll be sure and post some pics. Wish ALL OF YOUZE GUYZ could be there.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-24-2001, 12:50 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Since you're taking the day off Friday, are you going to stay in Owensboro? We are planning to be on the road by about 9:30 EDT. Mapquest says it's about 6 hrs. to Evansville, which should put us through your area about 1:30 CDT. Unless you're going up earlier, want to try to rendevous?
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 09-24-2001, 12:55 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svxter
Since you're taking the day off Friday, are you going to stay in Owensboro? We are planning to be on the road by about 9:30 EDT. Mapquest says it's about 6 hrs. to Evansville, which should put us through your area about 1:30 CDT. Unless you're going up earlier, want to try to rendevous?
Will you be coming up the Natcher Parkway? If so, you can stop by my house on the way in and we can "convoy" up from here. I think Registration begins at noon, but the actual "show" doesn't start 'til 3, so, we'll have plenty of time. It'll give you guys a chance to freshen up and stuff before we head up. Sound good?
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-24-2001, 01:15 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I'm taking Friday off too, but I don't see how I can get down there by registration time (unless I leave at 3AM...unlikely).

That $70 a night is steep, so three nights really isn't in the realm of possibility.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again, too.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 09-24-2001, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Will you be coming up the Natcher Parkway? If so, you can stop by my house on the way in and we can "convoy" up from here. I think Registration begins at noon, but the actual "show" doesn't start 'til 3, so, we'll have plenty of time. It'll give you guys a chance to freshen up and stuff before we head up. Sound good?
Mapquest has us routed up Pennyrile, but I would assume it's not a big detour? I'll go take another peek at the maps.

Looks like coming up the Natcher would be about as good as the Pennyrile, so we'll plan on it.

Last edited by svxter; 09-24-2001 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-24-2001, 01:44 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I'm taking Friday off too, but I don't see how I can get down there by registration time (unless I leave at 3AM...unlikely).

That $70 a night is steep, so three nights really isn't in the realm of possibility.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again, too.
EEK! I thought 70.00 was pretty reasonable. Perhaps it's just the comparison to the 98.00 per night I paid in Burlington.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-24-2001, 01:50 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svxter

Mapquest has us routed up Pennyrile, but I would assume it's not a big detour? I'll go take another peek at the maps.

Looks like coming up the Natcher would be about as good as the Pennyrile, so we'll plan on it.
Kewl! I'll PM you directions to my house some time this week.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-24-2001, 02:14 PM

Quote:

Kewl! I'll PM you directions to my house some time this week.
I'll be looking for them.

Old 09-24-2001, 02:20 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:

EEK! I thought 70.00 was pretty reasonable. Perhaps it's just the comparison to the 98.00 per night I paid in Burlington.
Well, it's really not just the price of the room, but also the couple days I'm behind on my schedule here at work (not really my fault, but since it's my schedule, I'm still responsible). Taking Froday off will probably mean that on my drive down I'll have to be popping Pepcid AC or Tagamet to keep the stomach acid down. I'll be yelling about poly counts and texturing in my sleep, too.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 09-24-2001, 02:37 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Well, it's really not just the price of the room, but also the couple days I'm behind on my schedule here at work (not really my fault, but since it's my schedule, I'm still responsible). Taking Froday off will probably mean that on my drive down I'll have to be popping Pepcid AC or Tagamet to keep the stomach acid down. I'll be yelling about poly counts and texturing in my sleep, too.

Well, once you get here, we'll try to keep your mind off such things. Prepare to relax a bit. I noticed you were on the "Network" this weekend, and you're usually on, only when you're at work --- I'm guessing you've been burning some "midnight oil." Hopefully, this will be something of a pleasant break for you.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-24-2001, 03:01 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:

Well, once you get here, we'll try to keep your mind off such things. Prepare to relax a bit. I noticed you were on the "Network" this weekend, and you're usually on, only when you're at work --- I'm guessing you've been burning some "midnight oil." Hopefully, this will be something of a pleasant break for you.
Actually I was only at work for about a half-hour yesterday. I usually leave a browser window open with the SVX Network site on, so it probably shows me on 24/7. :P

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 09-24-2001, 09:33 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Thumbs up Oh hello guys!

Last week was like three and I haven't had a chance to get in the door here for awhile.

I'm usually on second shift. I was gonna take Thursday off to clean the car and then Friday for the show - but - they put me on a special project at S-o, day shift with lots of O/T for this week only. No vacation days. Fortunately - I'll get off around noon on Friday, so I'll get there on time, but probably with a car that's less than pristine. I guess it'll give me something to do besides sit in the lawn chair.

I haven't even had a chance to look at the A-F brochure for awhile. Is registration somewhere downtown? Somebody send me a cell-phone number or something so I don't waste a bunch of time trying to chase y'all down.

Any of you guys going for a concours award? I just want to know how red my face is going to be when I see your cars.

A fella who trophied with a '95 Talon last year emailed me today to make sure I was going to be there. He's only seen the SVX once (my car on the MCC site), and loves it already. But can ya blame him, really?

Jazzed, Stoked, Cain't hardly wait!

Steve

'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 09-24-2001, 11:12 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Oh hello guys!

Quote:
Originally posted by wasions
Last week was like three and I haven't had a chance to get in the door here for awhile.

I'm usually on second shift. I was gonna take Thursday off to clean the car and then Friday for the show - but - they put me on a special project at S-o, day shift with lots of O/T for this week only. No vacation days. Fortunately - I'll get off around noon on Friday, so I'll get there on time, but probably with a car that's less than pristine. I guess it'll give me something to do besides sit in the lawn chair.

I haven't even had a chance to look at the A-F brochure for awhile. Is registration somewhere downtown? Somebody send me a cell-phone number or something so I don't waste a bunch of time trying to chase y'all down.

Any of you guys going for a concours award? I just want to know how red my face is going to be when I see your cars.

A fella who trophied with a '95 Talon last year emailed me today to make sure I was going to be there. He's only seen the SVX once (my car on the MCC site), and loves it already. But can ya blame him, really?

Jazzed, Stoked, Cain't hardly wait!

Steve

I think registration is at, like, 2nd and Court, but, I'll have to look it up for sure.

If a 95 Talon can trophy, I think an SVX should have nooooo difficulty. It doesn't even have to be mine! (but I can hope ).

Bill (Svxter and I will be convoying up from O'boro together. He said he probably won't be here until 1 pm. I'll PM you my cell phone number.

I got the interior and the engine bay cleaned this weekend (although the engine bay isn't as clean as I'd like it to be). I'll work on the outside Friday morning before I head up (I took Friday off).

I cain't wait too! (Boy, I love being able to talk southern!)
Subaru Ambassador

Old 09-25-2001, 05:35 AM
Is it Summer yet?

Sorry I can't be down there with you all this weekend. It sounds like it'll be more fun than you can handle.
But the reason I'm not is an event I'm getting pretty exited about myself - the F1 Grand Prix at Indy.
I'll be thinking about you guys, even as Schumy's Ferrari takes a dump and Montoya goes flashing by to take the Victory
Have a great weekend - and Randy, wish Shari a happy birthday from us
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K
Old 09-25-2001, 07:53 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Oh hello guys!

Quote:

I think registration is at, like, 2nd and Court, but, I'll have to look it up for sure.

If a 95 Talon can trophy, I think an SVX should have nooooo difficulty. It doesn't even have to be mine! (but I can hope ).

Bill (Svxter and I will be convoying up from O'boro together. He said he probably won't be here until 1 pm. I'll PM you my cell phone number.

I got the interior and the engine bay cleaned this weekend (although the engine bay isn't as clean as I'd like it to be). I'll work on the outside Friday morning before I head up (I took Friday off).

I cain't wait too! (Boy, I love being able to talk southern!)
I'll be lucky if I find time to even WASH my car...my intent was never to compete in any way with my SVX - I was just looking for a meet.

Is my tardiness going to be a problem? Am I going to find it difficult to register? I'd drive in Thursday night, but that's another $70 added to my hotel stay.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE