Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-21-2003, 12:11 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Neon SRT-4 = fast in a straight line

I can't attest to its corning capability, but 240 HP in a car that weighs something like 2500 lbs definitely makes for a fast car in a straight line. I went head to head with one, and he had me easily all the way up to at least 120. After that, I think he quit.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 09-21-2003, 01:01 PM
alacrity024

the cool thing about the SVX is that while it might not be a stoplight racer or a razor-sharp canyon carver, just about nothing can match its top speed.. if you've got the balls (read: desire to die) to take it past 120, not many people will be able to touch you

-adam
Old 09-21-2003, 02:13 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
the cool thing about the SVX is that while it might not be a stoplight racer or a razor-sharp canyon carver, just about nothing can match its top speed.. if you've got the balls (read: desire to die) to take it past 120, not many people will be able to touch you

-adam
Too true, I can vouch for it outdragging an M3 at 135

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 09-21-2003, 02:39 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024

-adam
my 'ol 928 made the SVX feel like a minivan over 100mph. you could be cruising at 90mph and floor it, the rear end would squat down and just launch you forward, never seeming to run out of power. it was one of the coolest things i've ever experienced in a car.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-21-2003, 05:11 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Sorta. Compared to MOST cars, the SVX will kill things at high speeds.....but don't race a ZR1, a camaro z28, porsche, etc. Hell, I know of a pretty stock mustang that can hit 140.

- Rob
Old 09-21-2003, 06:13 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Question!

Even though the SVX has around 85hp more than my XT6, how would they compare on the top end? Why I ask? I'm curious as to how the XT6's weight and coefficient of drag compares to the SVXs raw power on the top end.

Can the XT6 hang with the SVX on the top end? I'm thinking no but it can't hurt to ask. The SVXs crazy gear ratio helps a lot.

Thanks!
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 09-21-2003, 07:00 PM
Superbeast

I don't know about the XT6 but my old GL-10 Turbo sedan topped out at 130mph and that was pretty much at like 6,000rpms if I remember right. I'm sure an XT6 would have a much better shot at topping that but it all comes down to the gear ratios sometimes.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 09-21-2003, 08:06 PM
ChrisR

The SVX is very potent on the high end - but there are cars out there that you don't want to mess with at high speeds, One is in my sig (Well, 2 if you count the bike)
Old 09-22-2003, 02:18 AM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Re: Question!

Quote:
Originally posted by Myxalplyx
Why I ask? I'm curious as to how the XT6's weight and coefficient of drag compares to the SVXs raw power on the top end.
After searching around, I read that the SVXs coefficient of drag is .29, which is the same as the SVX. I think I answered my own question as to whether the XT6 would get stomped. Oh well!

And since it's so low, no wonder a lot of other cars get toasted.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 09-22-2003, 07:41 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

First off let me say that this was very stupid of me to do and would like to think that I will never do it again Ok, I know I'm probably gonna catch a bunch of **** for this... I was driving to Subaru of Gwinett this past friday with my friend and his modded WRX... we were running pretty late so we were pushing it to make it there before everyone at the meet left... A very nice strech on I-16 that was wooded on both sides came up... So did a SRT-4 Neon.... He blew by my friend and his Modded WRX Wagon, as soon as he did I could see Aaron down shift and nail it to catch back up with the Dodge... I did the same and pulled in behind him as he passed me too.... passing 100mph....120mph....130mph.... 140mph and still pulling hard!!!! about this time the neon kinda "hits a brick wall"... I guess it was his speed limiter or something... It drops off and can't go any faster... But me and Aaron keep going.... 150mph!!!! I stay there for about 10 seconds then decide that I am doing something that could really end with death if anything goes wrong... That was a new record for me... The fastest car that I had been in before that was a 1999 Mustang cobra (147mph) and it hit it's speed limiter!!! I think that with the 5 speed and no TCU to tell the enging how fast it is going there is no speed limiter... at 150mph it was still pulling hard and probably would have done to the bottom of the speedo if I has kept pushing it!!! I can only imagine the auto with no speed limiter!!!! You would probably be able to do much more speed than the 5 speed... But I can say that the SVX is rock steady at thet speed!!! Subaru designed an awesome high speed cruiser...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 09-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

my 'ol 928 made the SVX feel like a minivan over 100mph. you could be cruising at 90mph and floor it, the rear end would squat down and just launch you forward, never seeming to run out of power. it was one of the coolest things i've ever experienced in a car.
I wish I had a dime for every time you compared that damn 928 to your svx. If it was such a great car you shouldnt have sold it.

Mike.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:36 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

928's were only auto's wern't they????

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 09-22-2003, 12:18 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisR
The SVX is very potent on the high end - but there are cars out there that you don't want to mess with at high speeds, One is in my sig (Well, 2 if you count the bike)
Those 1978 Ford LTD II's were real sleepers!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:26 PM
ChrisR

Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
Those 1978 Ford LTD II's were real sleepers!

Hahaha, That's Right! All of about 120 HP, over 4k LBS, and about 6-8 MPG! Take that SVX.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:06 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
First off let me say that this was very stupid of me to do and would like to think that I will never do it again Ok, I know I'm probably gonna catch a bunch of **** for this... I was driving to Subaru of Gwinett this past friday with my friend and his modded WRX... we were running pretty late so we were pushing it to make it there before everyone at the meet left... A very nice strech on I-16 that was wooded on both sides came up... So did a SRT-4 Neon.... He blew by my friend and his Modded WRX Wagon, as soon as he did I could see Aaron down shift and nail it to catch back up with the Dodge... I did the same and pulled in behind him as he passed me too.... passing 100mph....120mph....130mph.... 140mph and still pulling hard!!!! about this time the neon kinda "hits a brick wall"... I guess it was his speed limiter or something... It drops off and can't go any faster... But me and Aaron keep going.... 150mph!!!! I stay there for about 10 seconds then decide that I am doing something that could really end with death if anything goes wrong... That was a new record for me... The fastest car that I had been in before that was a 1999 Mustang cobra (147mph) and it hit it's speed limiter!!! I think that with the 5 speed and no TCU to tell the enging how fast it is going there is no speed limiter... at 150mph it was still pulling hard and probably would have done to the bottom of the speedo if I has kept pushing it!!! I can only imagine the auto with no speed limiter!!!! You would probably be able to do much more speed than the 5 speed... But I can say that the SVX is rock steady at thet speed!!! Subaru designed an awesome high speed cruiser...
Anyone would think that this was a blatant advert from someone hoping to sell his car

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954