Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-05-2015, 03:39 AM

Does anyone have rear camber plates mounted??

I'd rather not custom fab my own rear camber plates but i need more room for tires in the rear so i need to lean the coilovers in a bit. I've found front plates on ebay but nothing for the rear.. PLEASE HELP!!
Old 02-05-2015, 12:01 PM
5spd + coilovers = win :D

Registered SVX
Re: Does anyone have rear camber plates mounted??

The opening for the struts in the rear are very narrow compared to the front openings, so even with my camber plates on my coilovers adjustment is limited.

I suggest getting adjustable lateral links. They will be easier to install and adjust as you just do it from under the car. You can use adjustable links for WRX/STIs as the only differences between them and the SVX's is the lengths (which doesn't matter since these are adjustable )
Click here to see an example of one of a few options on the market currently.
Mods: Power Slot front rotors, polyurethane sway bar bushings, window scratcher fix, SPD hood struts, Outlaw Engineering phenolic spacers, Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar, R-134a conversion, 93 Legacy SS 5 speed swap, Ceika coilovers, ARP head studs

2001 Black Toyota Sequoia (hauler/daily)
1992 Blue Toyota Cressida (drift car)
1992 Red Toyota MR2 (weekend/track day car)
Old 02-10-2015, 04:14 AM

Re: Does anyone have rear camber plates mounted??

Awesome thank you for the reply! The reason im soo keen on camber plates has less to do with the camber angle, and more to do with room between the coilover and the body. I am already using the adjustable camber bolts which allows me to center the tire between the 2. I rolled up the lip on the quarter panel annd hammered in the unfortunate intrusive hump above it. I even trimmed the ring that I welded onto the factory strut for the GC setup. According to my estimate if I can lean the rear coilovers in as much as there is room i could actually fit 305s!! Im currently running 275/30/19 in the rear on a 10" wide rim (245/35/19 on a 8.5" rim front) however i did just buy a pair of 285/30/19s so i probly wont need to lean the coilovers in just yet. I will be looking to do it in the future as I can't help but to push the boundaries of limitations when it comes to modding my vehicles. If i could figure out uow to post pics I'd show you my setup, it looks goood
Anyway, could you please tell me the information about your camber plates so I too can purchase them? Thank you I really appreciate it !!!