SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX
Re: New project Pics****

Anybody???
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 07-08-2012, 06:31 PM

Registered SVX

Don't pull any more off the motor than necessary . Seal what has to be sealed . That motor is barely broken in. Clean the carbs and sync them. Gona be a good running / looking bike .
Old 07-08-2012, 06:41 PM

Registered SVX

Black with gold fin edges is a nice look . Have a guy here that totally removed all the protective coat off the aluminum on his 78 750 Honda and polished it with a Dremel tool
Old 07-17-2012, 07:06 PM

Registered SVX

Well decided to go with a flat black w/ gold trim for the motor. Also while having the frame metallic black with other mechanicals painted gold and the fenders/tank/side covers wrapped in CF. Otherwise the work on it has haulted till funds arise to order steering head bearings/paint/resealkit/shims/carb kits/fluids/seat/gas tank/brakes. (I think that's it?)
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 07-18-2012, 07:04 AM

Registered SVX

I bought a 1989 Honda Shadow 500. New tires,new seat,new battery,no leaks ,45,000 miles .I paid $800 for it last year. Yes I still have the mask
This year I bought a 2006 CF Moto V 3 with 12k ( not K as in 1,000 but kilometers ) not a miss print less than 8 miles. From a woman that won it at a church auction and when it was delivered ,what she thought was a moped was 250 cc requiring an endorsement , sat for 5 years . Son in Law tried to jump it with a truck and fried ( he thought was the starter) the starter relay. Same mask and another $800 score. Now I have 3 motorcycles ( those 2 and my Gold Wing DFT trike. )

Last edited by Conn SVX; 07-18-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:17 AM

Registered SVX

Just an update. Got another job so i've been working 2 jobs from 8-8 everyday so not really anytime to work on it but I did get a pretty decent origional leather seat for cheap and just ordered some tapered steering head bearings to upgrade from the ball bearing style.
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 08-19-2012, 06:25 PM

Registered SVX

Got some gold paint I wanted to do some trim/line work with and painted half of the old tank to see what a gold tank would look like and it's not that bad....
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 08-21-2012, 08:44 PM

Registered SVX

Well took a better look at the seat with some of the rear parts on and its the wrong seat. Got it off ebay and said it was for a 82' 650 and its a 750 seat. Nothing I can do about it know since that was a month ago and I just now seen this. Only thing to do is try to sell it or trade for the correct one
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 09-14-2012, 09:58 PM

Registered SVX

Well got refunded for the wrong seat and bought the correct seat w/ lever for $40 which was a steal. Also sprayed the other side of the tank the black metallic to compare color combos. Also got to rewire the fuses from 30yrs old glass fuses to modern blade ones.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-G...0/IMG_0391.JPG
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 11-10-2012, 07:00 PM

Registered SVX

Well to update this a bit I finally got the right seat and finally found a nice 750 tank with sending unit for a gas gauge. The bad is the inside is severly rusted so I need to acid dip it and seal it.
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 11-11-2012, 01:18 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightningsvx View Post
Ok got the wiring harness back on, air box, some sensor stuff. Also painted the triple tree and top bracket black metallic but while doing so realized the old 30yr old ball bearings have pitted themselves into the races so i'll be upgrading to a taper style head bearing. Still stuck on an engine color which would either be flat black with gold lettering or gold motor with black lettering. Mind you that the bike will have some gold trim on it like this pic. If someone could photoshop this with a gold motor that would be awsome.

The wheels are on backwards

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:41 AM

Registered SVX

Good looking ride
Old 11-11-2012, 07:16 AM

Registered SVX

Funny danny, the end result will look similar to the midnight maxim above but with some of my tweeks.
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 06-09-2013, 05:51 PM

Registered SVX

Well haven't updated in a while but have been progressing on it. The engine is painted and installed along with some other panels painted. Headligh bucket and gauges are rewired and repainted, grease all connections, replaced fusebox witha weatherproof modern style one. Also had the new tank sitting in evaporust for 3 days and it looks amazing inside now so i just need to seal it. will try to get some pics tonight.
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress