SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-20-2008, 11:03 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: 1996 legacy help needed

Got the new motor mounts in today and they feel great. I still have some slop in the back tho. What has to be dropped/removed to swap rear diff bushings?
Old 04-12-2009, 01:21 PM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX

I finally had a chance to get under the rear end today. With my knees I rocked the car front to back and heard the source of my annoying sloppy drivetrain. It appears to be coming from my trailing arm bushings primarily the larger bushings mounted to the underbody. Can anyone tell me what the most cost effective way to fix them would be? Should I just get new bushings or source new or used trailing arms? What other ones would be compitable? I can't find a part# for them anywhere.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 04-12-2009, 01:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
I finally had a chance to get under the rear end today. With my knees I rocked the car front to back and heard the source of my annoying sloppy drivetrain. It appears to be coming from my trailing arm bushings primarily the larger bushings mounted to the underbody. Can anyone tell me what the most cost effective way to fix them would be? Should I just get new bushings or source new or used trailing arms? What other ones would be compitable? I can't find a part# for them anywhere.
I would get some used trailing arms, but you're going to have a very difficult time removing the long bolt on the hub side of them.
2001 Audi S8
Old 04-12-2009, 07:05 PM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX

Any tips on interchangibility? Saw some nice obx ones ones on ebay for $100. I think they were imprezas.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Old 04-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Any tips on interchangibility? Saw some nice obx ones ones on ebay for $100. I think they were imprezas.
Michael, I have tried to wipe that bug off the screen a couple of times.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:47 AM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX

Winter is coming, so it's time to refine the daily driver. I need to get these trailing arm bushings straightened out. Is there a source for bushing replacements? All of the used trailing arms on ebay are missing one of the bushings I need.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Winter is coming, so it's time to refine the daily driver. I need to get these trailing arm bushings straightened out. Is there a source for bushing replacements? All of the used trailing arms on ebay are missing one of the bushings I need.
Michael

There is a Russian site that lists parts numbers for all Subarus and it is very useful. Below is the page I pulled up for a '96 Legacy trailing arm bush:

Rear trailing arm, front bush

Just be diligent that you ascertain this bush is right for your chassis. There seem to be two listings for '96 Legacys, so maybe a change happened in model or something.

If you link into the Akadia site below using your chassis number [VIN] it may well be smart enough to pull up the correct list for you. What I would do in your case would be to present the number to your Subaru dealer and ask him if his parts system lists that as the correct number for your car.

Akadia Index

Hope that helps.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: