How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-07-2002, 03:15 AM
I could use a nap...

Temperature sensative sttuff?

I expect my transmission is going out, but as I'm dealin with that and the weather gettting warmer, the quirks of my SVX keeep compounding.

I'll ignore the check engine light coming on once, for now.

Here's what making my brain itch. When temperatures under the hood get the outside temperature reading over 97 degrees, the door lock remotes stop working. Where is there a circuit that could be staying open? It's not requiring any reprogramming, just waiting unttil the temperature hanges.

Next, I think involvees the fuel pump. Often enough, I'm trying to start up from a stop or even trying to put on a little highway passing speed, and the car will either drop a gear and see how higgh it can rev the engine or, if from a standing start, will let the engine rev high just to get moving. However, when the weather gets warm, there's a new problem. That's when I can step on the throttle and count three or more seconds before the throttle response swiitches from a slow creep from 500-2500 rpm. From around 3000, the throttle response seems more normal, but sometimes even givves response problems. Fuel pump? Filter? Line? Injectors? Throttle position sensor? Which of the items controlling the engine is likely to be affected by temperture?
Old 06-07-2002, 06:43 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

I think it would be a good idea to check out the diagnostics on the ECU and TCU. This would tell you why the check engine light comes on and also problem with the tranny.
Old 06-18-2002, 02:34 AM
I could use a nap...

The check engine light hasn't come on again since that one time. I still get the other problems, though.

So, does checking the ECU require any special tools?