How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
well. i could personally say that it is a really good thing that the car is solid. not like the cars that are made today...plastic...if that..

the rest of the post might get me a little profane because it pisses me off and i still argue over this with my girlfriend it's because her sister called lawyers and is suing my insurance company and though she has life long injuries, she said it to me from her own mouth "i'm greedy! it's about money!"

i believe i have posted this before but, anyways.
i got t boned by a jeep grand cherokee almost three years now. car went through a red light going at least 80 while i was making a left - i dont need the input about the f cking automatic at-fault bullsh!t, i already know it.
///////////
so, during my turn i looked over (the passenger side) and saw the f cking front end of this motherf cking sH1t box coming towards my passenger side. my (still is- dont know why) girlfriend wasn't aware of the jeep coming- she doesn't pay attention to much. i braced myself and tightened my grip on her hand (we were holding hands).
impact blew the passenger windows right through the car, crushed the door in and pinned her against the centre console.
my right collar bone snapped (most likely from holding her hand). first thing i do was to look over - seemed like she was dead, right there.
i kept calling her (back).calling her name, checked her pulse. she was alive. and was bleeding from the head. people came over..one person was a nurse..gave me a tissue to keep pressure on her head....my shoulder was killing me....but i didn't care///
.in the end...she has mild head injury, had punctured lungs, fractured ribs, and fractured pelvis on both sides...the right side they had to do surgery and put a couple of screws to join the bones back together...she is to expect problems if she wants kids./ it's ****ed

.............that is ****ed//something else to bury. but it's there

discover of hearing in exactly a month today too...not really thrilled about it. she's suing both drivers. the ticket got dropped and the other driver didnt' show up for court. fault becomes 50/50
i want to ****ing tear that mother ****er apart!
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic
Old 01-19-2007, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyingrob
off topic but.......
i once had to remove the nearly new snow tires froma nearly new sable wagon that had SNAP-rolled outside of montreal (1990?)
the car rolled AND removed BOTH door mirrors cleanly as well as most of the roof rack but the paint DID NOT have a scratch in it !!
it landed on its wheels and the owners DROVE it home from the scene!!( about 7-800 miles!!)
One of the things that sold me on Subarus: I stupidly rolled a GL hatchback years ago; hit an enbankment and did a sort-of corkscrew flip, landing hard back on the pavement, on the driver-side roof. Same deal as above, in that it took off the mirrors and hardly touched the passenger side. The A-pillar gave to perhaps half its original height, shattering the windshield (but astonishingly, not the aftermarket, pop-up sunroof glass), and I climbed out with minor cuts and bruises. When the tow-truck got the poor thing back onto its wheels, I remarked to the guy that it appeared perfectly drivable... if only he'd help me remove the remains of the windshield.

I'd guess insurance rates on an SVX are be higher because too many have met a bad end due to driver misadventure.

dcb
Old 01-19-2007, 09:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendar
Does anyone have the front and side crash test rating information for a 92 SVX?
Side impact testing is a very new thing. The testing results given on the SVX dont even correlate to the scale you are used to seeing on current vehicles b/c crash testing was considered private and not something consumers needed to know at the time.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Question?

Has anyone heard of the gas tank being a problem with the location of the fuel pump access hatch?

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-19-2007, 09:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlcyoneDaze
Its a rather large, wide, and long car too, 3500+lbs worth - methinks the only way your going to actually die in an accident is if you head-on an Abrams tank while doing 100mph... even then
I remember that a member of this site died a few years ago in his SVX. He was an EMT, I believe, and on his way home from a very long shift when he fell asleep behind the wheel.

It is a pretty safe car. Still, don't be under any sort of illusion that it's invincible. My guess is that many current cars (especialy those in the IIHS's top picks) are better. I'd like to point out that Subaru has improved its models' crash performance substantially since the SVX was produced. The car was basically unchanged throughout its production, and at the time the first-gen Legacy was just rolling off the lines. That car wasn't bad, but it's nowhere near as safe in a crash as the current Legacys and Outbacks.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 01-19-2007, 09:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Has anyone heard of the gas tank being a problem with the location of the fuel pump access hatch?

Lee
In what way would that be a problem?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 01-19-2007, 10:00 AM
<-- custom hood ornament

Send a message via AIM to AlcyoneDaze Send a message via Yahoo to AlcyoneDaze
I know its not an invincible car, just sometimes feels like it, like driving a big ol' steel american car

In that road and track link I posted, theres a picture of the car being attacked with a flamethrower of some sort to pass European standards (2 minute direct flame on the gas tank) - its also made of some sort of special material, its all in the article.
JDM 'ALCYONE' Rear Panel
JDM 'BOXER' Eingngine Cover
JDM 'SVX' Hood Badge
L-Edition Suede Rear Seats
Old 01-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
In what way would that be a problem?