How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
Another potential issue is your throttlebody needs to be cleaned and the butterflies can't close completely as a result.
For teh win!!!
Old 03-11-2006, 02:35 PM

one down two ta go

Well the ce code came on but I think its because of the intake cleaner I sprayed. Because it was the knock sensor code 22. I am going to clear codes and see if it returns but I am thinking it wont. There is another prob though. As I said that everytime I fix one thing something else goes wrong. (actually this was bad but didnt seem so bad when the TPS was screwing the whole driving ability) So here it is, the Brake light comes on sometimes. At first I thought it was the emeregency brake switch sticking. And it could still be that, but I decided to not pull the emergency brake on when I parked the car the other night, and the light was on when I started the car. I have checked the fluid level. It is not low. I dont know where the switch is located for the emergency brake so that the light comes on when you pull it. Does anyone know where the switch is located or why the light is coming on.
Note: the light is not the stop lamp, all bulbs are fine and work, Also is not the ABS light.

Also the AWD still seems to not be working as it is snowing on and off here. I was wondering if anyone knows which wire either on the TCU or at the tranny connection is for the DUTY SOLENOID C. I want to run a switch that just stops the solenoid from getting power. It is my understanding that the solenoid only regulates pressure when it has power. So if I put a switch in I could turn off the solenoid making it 50/50 or direct coupling 4WD. When the tps was way off, I did feel the rear kicking in and off while I was turning and when taking off. So I believe the clutch to still work just the TCU doesnt seem to control the oil pressure flow to the transfer clutch, either because of one of the sensors that control the flow or the TCU is not correctly working.

1993 Ford Probe 30mpg 213k
1989 Subaru XT6 150k
All good and running
Old 03-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
You can run the Trans diagnostics to determine if the Solenoid C is working...it will make noise if it's working. Simple test is to just put the car up on a lift and put the car in gear and see if the rear tires move.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 03-12-2006, 04:44 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn360
So here it is, the Brake light comes on sometimes. At first I thought it was the emeregency brake switch sticking. And it could still be that, but I decided to not pull the emergency brake on when I parked the car the other night, and the light was on when I started the car. I have checked the fluid level. It is not low.
When you check the brake fluid you HAVE TO REMOVE THE CAP!
You can't just look through the translucent resavour.
What is happening, is the rubber diaphram inside the black cap, follows the fluid down as the pads wear, and the diaphram contacts the low fluid float, and pushes it down, just a little.
With the diaphram poped out, it pushes the brake fluid up, making it look more full then it really is.
With cold and varing outside temps, it is intermittant.

For teh win!!!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 03-12-2006, 07:41 AM

ok I will put some more fluid in. I did take the cap off the other day and it was about a 1/8 of an inch lower then the max line.

I dont need to see if the solenoid c is working. I need to know which wire feeds it power so I can turn it off when I want to. Essentially a 4WD switch because the computer is not backing off the solenoid when the front tires slip. I know the solenoid c works off and on. What I need it to do is to work off when I want because the rear wheels arent getting power when they should and they did when the TPS was set off.

1989 Subaru XT6 150k
All good and running

Last edited by spinn360; 03-12-2006 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:11 AM

Found out wire location on tcu. the green wire with red stripe and its on the top plug going into tcu.

1989 Subaru XT6 150k
All good and running