SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3
I don't think anybody wanted to say it but the wheels are turquoise blue.

SEE! I told you all I was colorblind ...as you can see from the earlier pictures, my wheels are silver, not blue, so let me try and edit them.

Thanks
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 02-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Green1995SVX

If it's anything to you, i'm color blind too, and i couldnt tell they were blue.

Mike
Old 02-22-2006, 06:22 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonparrot
SEE! I told you all I was colorblind ...as you can see from the earlier pictures, my wheels are silver, not blue, so let me try and edit them.

How's that?
I think a JDM wing would look good on your car.

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 02-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Thanks Nathan...you're my savior! I just say to myself that I'm not handicapped (colorblind counts!! )....im HANDICAPABLE!! except when it comes to using colors

I like what you've done...the wheel look almost gunmetal in nature. If you are still online i was wondering if you could brighten then up a little bit since in real life they are a little larger and a bright silver (they are dark since the source picture was in the shadow) Thanks guys!
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).

Old 02-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Also, Moderators, if you could delete posts 27, 28, and 29, that would be awesome..since this new pic is here...they serve no function...thanks!

Old 02-22-2006, 10:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonparrot
I have an ebony '92...as evidenced in the pics...the second picture is of my car I have no spoiler on my car, and I'm looking into the JDM spoiler.

On another note, I have taken that picture and flipped it so that it matches the picture above it more closely...that way it can be more accurately photochopped!
Ok there now i feel i little less stupid. I thought you were asking to see a different wing style but looking at those pics the wings all looked like the one on subette. Now i know why, they are the same as subette's *smacks forehead*

The svx doesnt look right without the wing (or for that matter most other wings) it just completes the lines so well. I do prefer the one thats flush with the deck lid but unless i'm waxing the car it doesnt both me much (when i do wax it that part required q-tips) The black top hides the fact its not all one piece.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:01 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
I think that certian colors just cant get away with the spoiler...
Just as much as other colors look.....horrible...without it
Frankly, I think that a perlie just looks better without the spoiler. Kinda adds a little class I feel. The ebony can go either way....Its either a luxury coupe or a sports car dependingly. the only other two colors that can get away with being asplerless are the claret and that off grey color we dont have here.
The JDM spoiler will look fine on your ebony I think. to me the JDM spoiler is a little less curvy and a little flatter than the regular one. Your choice of wheels accentuates that, and vice versa. Go for it

Just make sure its actually black when you put it on
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 02-23-2006, 08:35 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
I have been debating if the JDM wing in CF will look good on my car for like a year now.
So what do people think?
Old 02-23-2006, 11:49 AM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBeefcake
I have been debating if the JDM wing in CF will look good on my car for like a year now.
So what do people think?
I'd say either paint the wing blue, or paint your roof and trunklid black. And if it were me, I'd go with the latter. Black over blue is hot.

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 02-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
Then the hood and wing would match the top of the car. I think I would spend the money on a new hood before painting the car.
I should have stayed with a stock hood.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Carbon fiber on top of blue is really a hot look, but really only for the hood, not the wing...i think the CF wing would look a little off personally. I would stay with the CF hood, and get a body color wing. That way we can both be cool and have JDM wings