Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 07-18-2005, 08:45 AM

your a sad mob

i thought you would be a bit more into self help instead of camry discussions sad as that is. Anyone got a heater core they dont need? Motor easy to replace heater core $870 sad. By the way i own charcoal 1993 much loved and hated as i have had every known SVX drama in the last 12 months i bought a lemon or much flogged specimen but will perserver as i love the car. so far g/box, radiator, water pump, brake rotors etc etc now cooked motor and blown heater core. motor $1500 ex QLD when guy gets back from USA $870 for new heater core from dealer what a rip of. Also it looks like a major drama getting to it in behind centre console svx workshop manual not much use 6 books little specifics on this job. anyway live in adelaide car registered Lifes T Meant to be my companies name but new nick name Lifes troubles by friend sounds more closer to truth!!!!!!! Regards to all Paul PS give up on the Camry discussions they are as boring as the car is!!!

Last edited by down under; 07-18-2005 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by down under
i thought you would be a bit more into self help instead of camry discussions sad as that is. Anyone got a heater core they dont need? Motor easy to replace heater core $870 sad. By the way i own charcoal 1993 much loved and hated as i have had every known SVX drama in the last 12 months i bought a lemon or much flogged specimen but will perserver as i love the car. so far g/box, radiator, water pump, brake rotors etc etc now cooked motor and blown heater core. motor $1500 ex QLD when guy gets back from USA $870 for new heater core from dealer what a rip of. Also it looks like a major drama getting to it in behind centre console svx workshop manual not much use 6 books little specifics on this job. anyway live in adelaide car registered Lifes T Meant to be my companies name but new nick name Lifes troubles by friend sounds more closer to truth!!!!!!! Regards to all Paul PS give up on the Camry discussions they are as boring as the car is!!!
Well I think you may be the saddest Paul. Self inflicted injuries, are the worst type. You did venture outback, knowing you had overheating problems, then running at 100mph+, till shlt happends, is certainly a sad thing to do.

Pulling the heater core is more time consuming, than costly. I guess that you have pressure tested it to be sure that it is leaking? Just have to spend the time pulling the console, dash, steering colume, the steering support member, then the heater. The 'how to' is in the book, the same as pulling the AC unit.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:52 AM

Ghee say it as it is is right

For your info i did the trip to find out if i had a problem or not and if i did have a problem i might as well blow it up as i did no use driving around in a time bomb.
I was not to concerned about the engine and was aware of the availiable options. My only regret was blowing the heater coil. The manual problem i talk of will be solved by doing the job so i will know what they are talking about but some break down pictures would be nice. The only place you can enjoy the abilities of the SVX is the NT and for that i feel no guilt what is so wrong with the need for speed and why buy the car not to extend it. By the way it was a 120mph average and yes i will do it again just to find out if it will make the trip and back and call me a fool but so be it. Regards Paul
Sorry if my sick sense of humour offended you but i was laughing at myself i have a camry in my garage as well as a SAAB and drive a AU ute daily i seem to like sad cars but so be it.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:19 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Sorry to hear what happened

How long have you had it? I gather from your post that you bought it used - do you have any info on the history of the car?

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 07-22-2005, 02:26 AM

Talking Purchased of a guy in Melbourne

Had done my homework and had a rough idea of faults to expect but the last one was the one out of left field. Problem solved though a believe it or not HQ holden heater coil fits snug as a bug in a rug and added bonus is made of all alloy not alloy and plastic as svx is. A bit of copper tube to connect to outlets and we look like being back in business. Total cost $45 a little bit different to $870. By the way the top of the heater coil had been leaking for a while by the look of it and blown off when heat added. Absolute mongrel job to remove the heater box everything has to come out to get to it and i mean everything. 5 hours i spent in total and not looking forward to putting all back. Owe well you get that. History of car patchy but i will post the details when i get home. Was told i was 3rd owner but it eithier sat in a yard long time or i am 4th plus. Still in immaculate condition even with 200000 + klms but it is a subaru after all. It is my 4th Subaru but i have always bought new and run in hard and not had any problems. Right oil and looked after regularily. I will beat this one yet and i hope to keep it a long time as i do like the car and it is a bit quirky which suits me. If it dies again it will turn into an RX8 as rotarys are my other love at midnight that is. Regards Paul

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: