Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 05-02-2005, 07:32 AM

i want to import from NZ!!!

i'm looking at it every which way about trying to import a SVX into Aussie! so far the only way i can is to go live in NZ for 12 months! before i can import..im asking so many questions all over the place..does anyone know any method of importing without having to wait for 12 damn months!! god i hate our laws...

i also hate their no duty deal, the damn guy i was talking to about buying the car says he bought a '92 300zx with 99,000k on the clock for $3000!!!

can anyone help out a fellow aussie
Old 05-02-2005, 08:45 AM
A flight-less flyer

Send a message via Yahoo to floatingkiwi
I have no idea about this myself, the only thing I could advice would be to do an internet search for car importation companies, we have heaps of them. Maybe one could help?

Matt

Just Crusin'
Old 05-03-2005, 02:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo3185
i'm looking at it every which way about trying to import a SVX into Aussie! so far the only way i can is to go live in NZ for 12 months! before i can import..im asking so many questions all over the place..does anyone know any method of importing without having to wait for 12 damn months!! god i hate our laws...

i also hate their no duty deal, the damn guy i was talking to about buying the car says he bought a '92 300zx with 99,000k on the clock for $3000!!!

can anyone help out a fellow aussie
I had thought about doing something like that but the problem of 'sight unseen' was the main thing that put me off - also, it was far easier to be able to check up on the service history and get it inspected here (there!) in Oz....yes you pay more but then the 'savings' could quickly be eaten up if the transmission + climate control unit (both items that WILL go over time!) break

I have also heard that with a lot of the performance imports into NZ, that (like Oz) they have been clocked something silly....was amazing to see all the Soarers (SC400's) that had the same 95,000km or thereabouts on the odo - more like 295,000km from the condition of the car!!

Good luck with whatever you decide

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-03-2005, 05:42 AM

you know if staying in New Zealand was not an issue i would already be there!
If i could get a SVX for $8,000 NZD ($7,400 AUD) with 110,000km..or even a $10,000 NZD ($9,300 AUD) with less than 80,000km i don't care how much extra i pay cos it would still be less than the price of the ones in AUS...roughly $15k for a 200,000km

one guy was nice enough to show me more than a dozen pics of the one he was selling from every angle possible, it looks very clean in and out, no scratches or dents from what i could see and it was sheltered
Old 05-03-2005, 05:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to paddlesnz
Prices in NZ have dropped a lot recently!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/l...archregion=100

1993 Subaru Alcyone SVX
1980 Isuzu 117 Coupe Giugiaro Edition
1999 Mazda Astina
2006 Honda Legend
2006 Toyota Mark X Premium
2007 Toyota bB
2007 Mazda Roadster RS
2012 Peugeot 208 Allure
Old 05-03-2005, 11:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo3185
If i could get a SVX for $8,000 NZD ($7,400 AUD) with 110,000km..or even a $10,000 NZD ($9,300 AUD) with less than 80,000km i don't care how much extra i pay cos it would still be less than the price of the ones in AUS...roughly $15k for a 200,000km
one guy was nice enough to show me more than a dozen pics of the one he
Asking price and selling price are very different! I had mine advertised for $22,500ono with 76,000km or so on it so you can, if you look and the timing is right, get one with low k's for a decent price - 200,000km for $15K are, to qoute The Castle, "dreamin".

And no, before anyone asks, I can't say what I sold it for since that it between me and Jason and if he wants to say, so be it - if the new owner was not on here, then I would give the amount.

At the end of the day, it depends on the car, the seller and how long you are prepared to wait. I looked at about 35 odd cars over the course of two and half years (and made a note of all of them!) including using people interstate that I knew to go inspect them for me to see if it was worth a flight.....there were some sellers who were asking stupid money and would not budge and over time, I watched their asking price drop..and drop...and drop....and then drop past what I had offered...and drop....

One fellow rang me a few months later and said he would accept my offer that I had made (he was a total (*&(*&(&* to me when I had seen the car) so was nice to be able to look at SVX-33H and decline - he then had the cheek to ask me if I knew anyone looking!!

Anyways, my opinion is that if you spend a fair amount on a decent model you will a) have less trouble and b) be able to sell it far more easily if you need to later on and not take as much of a bath on the depreciation.

They are rare cars but also, people actually looking for them are equally rare (at least in Oz) so it balances out to a degree between the buyer and seller

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-03-2005, 05:42 PM

the car that i was looking at is the red "subaru alcyone svx 1992" from trademe website in NZ ( http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-25465983.htm ) he showed me all the pics...and said to me he's be glad to show me the car and test drive all that stuff..too bad i'm only a few thousand K's from his doorstep! i would try to arrange someone to check it out on my behalf and get an inspection, but i'm only gona do that if i can get an approval to import straight away..which i don't see happening

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: