Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 04-08-2005, 03:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVX_Smoke_Out
SVX Engine rebuild/performance parts kit?

Ok to make a long story short my car was stored for 5months mice ate wires in the car witch casued the ecu to short out when we started it. then i have to wait another 3months to get it fixed finally get it fixed and get it home and not 3days lata it sounds like a jack hammer is in side my engine compartment another words a rod is knocking or somethin, my mechenic is comeing by today though. So does anyone know of any performance parts, or rebuild kits for the engine etc....
Old 04-08-2005, 03:33 PM

As Far As I Know There Are No Performance Part For The Engine. They Have Talk About Legacy Pistons To Lower Compresion. But Nothing Really. Last Year Someone Was Selling Some Heads On Ebay For The Eg33 That Suppost To Give More Horespower To The Engine. But I Really Never Heard From The Person That Bought Theme. If This Heads Where Really High Performance. So If Anybody Knows About This Please Speak Up...... But Most Likely Your Engine Is Bad, It Will Be A Lot Better To Buy One On Ebay.......
Old 04-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Is it possible it's the flexplate?

There's a little rubber access cover on top of the engine near the back on the passenger side. If it's missing water will get in there and stuff (including the flexplate) will rust.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Sir Yach-o

Like blacknite said, you might want to check on Turbo legacy stuff. The bore and stroke are the same between the EG33 and EJ22t, and the rods from the ej22t came forged stock, so this would be an upgrade I guess. You'd have to check to see if the crank-end of the rods are the right diameter for the eg33 though. But I'd only do the ej22t rods and pistons only if you were going to go turbo. No sense in lowering the compression if you're not going to boost. These ej22t parts should be pretty easy to find. I once ran across someone on NASIOC who was selling like 10 spankin' new complete sets of ej22t rods and pistons because he just wanted the closed-deck block.

peace,
-mike.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
Is it possible it's the flexplate?

There's a little rubber access cover on top of the engine near the back on the passenger side. If it's missing water will get in there and stuff (including the flexplate) will rust.
Or maybe there's a couple mouse skulls knocking around in there?