How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-22-2004, 07:39 AM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
Question My security system or the keyless remote?

So my original keyless remote hadn't been working for quite sometime, even with a fresh battery. I decided to buy a new one from a local dealer.

The new one comes with 8xWatch type batteries wrapped in a plastic sleeve.

Long story short, I have used the standard procedure for programming keyless remotes with the SVX's security system and I am unable to get it to even aknowledge the new remote. I've used this procedure in the past with my original remote (playing around) so I know I'm doing it right, or at least I think I am, it worked back then.

I don't have a voltimeter so I can't test the batteries for level, but the one thing I noticed is that the new remote's button does not have that "click" feel to it as the original. In fact, I opened it up and the small rubber switch button feels really soft and you can't really tell if you're pressing it down.

Is the newer remote like that or did I get a bad one? I will take it back today if all signs point to a bad one.

BTW, the dealer wants $42 to program it themselves... That's the most money you can make in 30 seconds.

The process I've been using is the:

1. Turn off security button.
2. Switch ignition to ON, then back off.
3. Press the security button on and off several times until the horn beeps repeatedly and stop.
4. While you hear the clicking noise from the parking lights (relay?) press the remote button slowly 4 times (i've tried less times, I've tried more times, and I've tried quickly and slow...this is starting to sound like bad sex)
5. When done, switch the ignition back to the ON position and then off and remove the key to end programming mode.

(I've even tried letting it stop by itself)

Help...
'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)

Last edited by EddieSVX; 09-22-2004 at 07:42 AM.