Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-12-2004, 07:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Installed Stage I, lost security system

I installed stage I and reconnected my battery and my security system would not work any more. The security light is stuck on. And it would not enter programming mode. I assume my module is toast. My question is, has anyone figured out why they die? When I opened mine I noticed one wire that was sodered but the point broke and its no longer connected. I attached a pic. Any ideas as to what it is? I tried plugging the module in and manually pushing the relay inside of it to see if that reset anything. No go. Just made the lights in the car dim.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn0013.jpg (138.2 KB, 191 views)
Old 08-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Wiz, I just lost mine last month when I got the car back from major service. Same won't go into programming mode. My Stage1 sits waiting to go in, so I can't point the finger that way. I'm just figuring age, and relocation from the balmy SoCal Coast up to the HOT Central Valley is causing many maladies to present themselves in an 11 year old car. Hadn't realized how much I liked the remote locking feature either.
But the Rocket remains my favorite car ever!

Glenn

It's only money after all!!!

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket
Old 08-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Green1995SVX

This is a common problem that occurs when the battery is disconnected. You'll need a new security module.

Mike
Old 08-12-2004, 09:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Yea, I should have expected it anyways. The stupid thing would give a warning honk every day at about 15 min before 11am every day if it was armed. It would even do it in quite areas were nothing from the outside could have set it off. I heard these were the symtoms of a failing module. Maybe the battery disconnect is what tends to put them over the edge when they are about to die.

I resodered the loose wire and tired it again. Still dead.

I'm gonna have to yank the module from my totaled car now. I hope that one works.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:46 AM

Success, after taking the module from my totaled car and installing it in this one everything started working again. It was a pita to program but it works now none the less. Glad thats over with.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Peach

security module

My Svx came with the module unplugged. I was told that some other system was installed. The other security system was taken out and the stock one left unplugged. Could someone tell me the location of the stock module? Is it on the driver or pass side. At 6 foot plus I don't fit real good under the dash, so if someone could point me in the right direction maybe I could replug the unit and have my security system back, thanx.

92 Pearlie 146k rice rice baby
Old 08-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
On 92's you will have to look behind the glove compartment. Apparantly there's about 20 screws holding that thing in.

Noticed this is my 3300th post. Seems like a significant post number for this site.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Peach

Congrats on your mileposts That's a fair bit typing. Also thanks for locale of module, supposedly all I got to do is plug it in but that sounds to easy!

92 Pearlie with possible working security