How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-01-2004, 07:24 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

Good day autocrossing the SVreX

Today we autocrossed the SVreX for the first time with the Dixie SCCA in Bainbridge, GA.

They classified us as Street Mod, primarily because of the missing interior. I wasn't too sure we could be competive. Both my son and I were first timers.

Chris took top honors in the Street Mod class. He was over second place by more than a full second.

Unfortunately, his old man wasn't anywhere near as fortunate. I guess every team needs a chauffeur!

35 cars showed up. Only 6 cars placed times faster than the SVreX, all of which were Pro and F-Mod class. No Stock vehicles came close to us! The Pro Class cars which outdid us were a BMW M3, a TR6, and an MGB, while the F-Mod cars were a TR4, a prepared Civic, and a Legends racer!

The M3 put a beating on everyone, but we were still within 6 seconds of him (he posted a 62.xxx, we posted a 68.850).

We are absolutely confident that there is still plenty of room for improvement. There is a Z06 that frequents this event that we'll be gunning for next month!

Not bad for a Sunday afternoon!!

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC
Old 08-01-2004, 07:40 PM
jklmnopqrst

Congratulations! You make the SVX community proud. Keep it up!
Old 08-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Thumbs up

That's awesome! I guess your name can be added to SVXRide's list of AutoXing SVXers!!!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 08-02-2004, 08:45 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
SVXHunter,
Congrats! Welcome to the autocrossing family! If they hadn't classified you the way they did because of the lack of interior, they would have gotten you for the coil-overs
Suggestion - start checking EBay for Kumho Victoracers or Hoosiers - there a people out there that try autocrossing once and decide they don't like it and people who have decided to get out of autocrossing and have tires they want to get rid of. I got 4 practically brand new Victoracers for $300, shipped to my house.
They will definitely cut time over the Azenis you're running now.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 08-02-2004, 04:17 PM

Your right, the coil-overs definitely put us over. I hadn't read my SCCA book before the event. Still should have been able to ride Street Prepared, instead of Mod, I think.

It doesn't matter!

You like the Victoracers and the Hoosiers, Huh? We'll be watching.

Forgot to mention- some of the cars we put down included an RX-7, a 240SX, and 2 RX-8's

We were the only Subby.

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC
Old 08-02-2004, 04:23 PM

I'm waiting 'till next time to see if my son actually has talent or just luck. I really thought I had a couple of good runs- very smooth, very fast. Unfortunately, my best time of the day was still not as good as his worst, even though we drove the same car.

That part hurt.

Old 08-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Congrats on the win

Don't mean to break in here, but what is the "re" in "SVreX"? I have one of your shirts and I'm not even sure what I'm wearing...

I started to go through the Homeschooler SVX racer thread, but don't feel like searching through 18 pages.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:26 PM

Chike:

Where the heck do you find all these lists? You are like Mr. SVX trivia- don't you have a job, or a life of any sort???

Old 08-02-2004, 04:32 PM

Hocrest:

It's supposed to be a play on words- the SV-Rex, as in T-Rex.

Additionally, it is was a salvage from the crusher, so it's also sort of re-cycled.

We considered SVXtra, and decided on SVreX.

Maybe it was a bad choice- I think a lot of people miss it.

Old 08-02-2004, 04:35 PM

I've been looking for someone who could airbrush a T-Rex clawing it's way through the side (from the inside out). We can't afford it in the budget for GRM, so we'd have to wash a lot of dishes or something for it.

If I were to attempt it, it would probably look like a fish, or jello, or a desert topping or something.

Old 08-02-2004, 05:00 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
An alternative would be your image printed on vinyl. Maybe not as cool as having it hand-painted, but it would be a hell of a lot cheaper - and not permanent.

As I understand it, vinyl graphics shops with the printing and cutting tools necessary to do the job sometimes have stock graphics to choose from.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 08-02-2004, 05:10 PM

It STILL wouldn't make the GRM budget. If I remember right, we have a total of $8 left in the budget before we'd get disqualified. We're going to tweak the budget (take off the car some stuff we don't need), but we still won't find more than about $75 to work with.

Anything we can find in the budget will probably be used to go faster.

We'll be dumpster diving for exhaust piping, lexan scraps, and some other stuff. I don't think we'll be finding any body graphics.