Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-14-2004, 07:56 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Now that would be something I'd REALLY like to see!

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
It really sucks that Subaru kinda bombed out in thier attempt at F1... Wish they'd give it another try

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 07-14-2004, 07:54 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

I liked seeing the pics of the Flat 12 engine that was made for the Subaru entry... What year was that?? 1991???

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 07-14-2004, 08:07 PM

Yeah that Flat 12 engine was sweet and made approx 600bhp at 12,500 rpms.

I know the engine was used in competition during the '90 race season...

-Chike
Quote:
I liked seeing the pics of the Flat 12 engine that was made for the Subaru entry... What year was that?? 1991???

Old 07-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Some flat 12 info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat-12

The 312 had a 180 degree V-12.
That car and my man Niki were made for each other!

I lined up the line on my Nikon's focusing screen with Niki's left rear wheel as he drove out of Copse corner at Silverstone, and he
would drift the car to the exact same spot lap after lap.
Pure heaven...

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...car.mv&num=157

and some shots of that beautiful engine...

http://www.robinautomotive.com/Ferrari312B3.ivnu

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 07-14-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:36 PM
DWayne2910

F1 then & now

Then...
It's ancient history, but first F1 GP I saw was at Riverside, CA in 1960, and most recent was the first one at Indy. In between, I camped in "The Bog" at Watkins Glen during the years F1 ran there, and also was at all the ones that ran in the streets of Detroit.

Now...
If Renault could find 30-50 more hp, Ferrari would have something to really worry about, and the new McLaren ran well at Silverstone, so maybe they'll be a threat, too. Williams appears out of it with ill-handling cars.
As for Honda, it seems that Sato has figured out a way to blow up their motors (Button doesn't seem to have the same talent), so the team has lowered his (Sato's) rev-limiter in an effort to have him at least finish a race and hopefully get some mfg points.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:43 AM

I agree with Renault and McLaren being possible threats to Ferrari... THey just need to reach down, make sure that they have balls attached and go for it!!! Overturn the most succesful team in current Formula 1... I'll be behind McLaren the whole way... Hard core McLaren fan here Now that the new car is out things should hopefully get alittle interesting..

I think it would be cool to see the two Schumacker brothers both on the Ferrari team. Then stick Barachello with Kimi Reikonen in the Mercedes.

There may be a little turn at Toyota next year. Ya know with JP Montoya going there along with Ralf Schumacker.

BAR Honda does seem to have a pretty powerful engine. I was alittle supprised to findout that the Honda engine is one of the most powerful out there... Hmmm, they just can't seem to stay together ... Maybe they'll have better luck next year...

I'm getting ready to buy "F1 Carrear Challenge" for Playstation 2. From what I've read, it is the most detailed Formula 1 racing game ever made I can't wait!!!

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 07-15-2004, 10:02 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
I agree with Renault and McLaren being possible threats to Ferrari... THey just need to reach down, make sure that they have balls attached and go for it!!! Overturn the most succesful team in current Formula 1... I'll be behind McLaren the whole way... Hard core McLaren fan here Now that the new car is out things should hopefully get alittle interesting..
I started watching F1 again when Ferrari and McLaren were battling for victories in 1999. Ferrari were the underdog at the time, and I've stuck with them. But I've still been very disappointed to see a team like McLaren, who seemed so perfect a few years ago, perform like they have.

Quote:
I think it would be cool to see the two Schumacker brothers both on the Ferrari team. Then stick Barachello with Kimi Reikonen in the Mercedes.
Ralf is just not the driver his brother is. He shows brief moments of brilliance, but mostly I find him to be a big whiner. Not an Eddie Irvine-level whiner, but a whiner just the same. I'm disappointed that he's going to Toyota - I don't think he's right for the team, but let's hope they know better than I do.

Quote:
There may be a little turn at Toyota next year. Ya know with JP Montoya going there along with Ralf Schumacker.
Put down the crack pipe, son. Montoya's going to McLaren.

Quote:
BAR Honda does seem to have a pretty powerful engine. I was alittle supprised to findout that the Honda engine is one of the most powerful out there... Hmmm, they just can't seem to stay together ... Maybe they'll have better luck next year...
Unfortunately we don't really know where the teams stand, in terms of power, compared to eachother. The only measurement the commentators think they have is the speed trap measurement, but that's a stretch.

The fact is that the manufacturer-backed teams (with the exception of Jaguar) have a lot of money to put towards engines. Where they are relative to eachother nobody knows and nobody will know.

HP isn't everything anyway. Look at Toyota - supposedly they have one of the most powerful engines o nthe grid and they struggle for the occasional point.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-15-2004, 10:06 AM

That's news to me! I think JP will fit into that team well - if Kimi's ego can fit into his car, I'm sure Montoya's will as well...

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Old 07-15-2004, 10:48 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
That's news to me! I think JP will fit into that team well - if Kimi's ego can fit into his car, I'm sure Montoya's will as well...

-Chike
Montoya's move to McLaren was well-known before the start of the season, and confirmed...I don't know, but it was months ago.

I figured, when Kimi's Merc engine kept grenading, that it'd be funny if he drove one of the smoldering wrecks into Montoya's garage at Williams and said, 'here, you can ****ing have it.'

As for how Montoya will fit in at McLaren, that remains to be seen. I used to like Montoya for the flair and personality he brough to the paddock. Now I just don't like the guy. What a jerk.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-15-2004, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I figured, when Kimi's Merc engine kept grenading, that it'd be funny if he drove one of the smoldering wrecks into Montoya's garage at Williams and said, 'here, you can ****ing have it.'
Montoya is an ass. My wife likes him, but I think he's just cocky...

-Chike
Quote:
As for how Montoya will fit in at McLaren, that remains to be seen. I used to like Montoya for the flair and personality he brough to the paddock. Now I just don't like the guy. What a jerk.

Old 07-15-2004, 11:33 AM

Quote:

Hehehehe, oops... Got the names mixed up...

Old 07-15-2004, 11:36 AM

I'm gonna make a NEW FORMULA 1 Thread for us to cover ALL the Formula 1 races for the rest of the season...

We should start posting all things there

See ya there

Old 07-17-2004, 12:43 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
What was this about
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: