How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-19-2003, 04:46 PM
_-DejaVu-_

One big problem and many questions

I pulled the codes from my car, and I have- 11, 12, and 23.
I heard from someone to fix the lower numbered ones first, is this true?

Another thing,....
For code 11 and 12, how am I suppose to know what to fix? I mean, sure the starter(Even tho it seems to be working fine) but for the 'angle sensor',....does that mean replace the sensor or what?

And the big problem I am having with my car is, well, it keeps dieing on me.
No matter if it's warm/cold, and it doesn't matter what speed I'm going.
It will hesitaite when I push the gas, then it will die.
And no, I highly doubt I just need to up my idle, I've been through that with other cars, and this is something different.
Thats when I desided to get the codes. And I'm wondering if that has to do with code 23, the mass air sensor.

My friend was in the car one time, when I decided to show off a little, so I punched the gas.... Well, it ended up the tach totally wigged out. I seriously thought it was going to break off. The tach went really high, then low, about 4 times really fast, then it died.
My frend said that maybe it might be the ECU or something, he said it didn't really feel like the air sensor. He said it feels like the car 'forgot' what it was doing.
Does this make sence?

And, does anyone know of anywhere I can get a cheap air sensor? Or is anyone selling one? Please let me know.

Deja

Sorry it's long, just had a lot to say.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:25 PM

Deja, this is a stupid question, but is the connector for the MAF sensor plugged in securely? Mine wasn't. Also check to make sure this hose at the top right side of the engine compartment hasn't come loose. It has a tendency to slip off.

If that's not the proble I'd take an ignorant guess and say the stalling might be due to a failing fuel pump.

Good luck.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 10-19-2003 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I would focus mainly on the MAF sensor and the crank sensor as I think both are bad. I could be wrong but I believe your tach gets its signal from the crank sensor and that would explain the "wigged out" tach symptom.

Probably best would be to have the crank sensor replaced first then reset the codes in the ECU and work from there. You should also be checking out the used MAF currently for sale on the network.

Good luck with the car!