How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-06-2003, 06:57 PM
overdalimit

Hid Light Kit

I have the Phillips Hid kit but it has the D2R bulbs. I had to modify the bulbs (trim and cut) to make them fit and it's cheesy! I'm hoping someone knows who sells the wiring harness that all ows you to use 9006 bulbs but using the Phillips ballast. I saw it on Ebay but don't remember who sold it. You actually have to cut the end of the ballast that connects to the D2R/D2S bulbs and splice this one in that connects perfectly to the 9006 bulb..
Old 08-07-2003, 01:23 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Re: Hid Light Kit

Quote:
Originally posted by overdalimit
I have the Phillips Hid kit but it has the D2R bulbs. I had to modify the bulbs (trim and cut) to make them fit and it's cheesy! I'm hoping someone knows who sells the wiring harness that all ows you to use 9006 bulbs but using the Phillips ballast. I saw it on Ebay but don't remember who sold it. You actually have to cut the end of the ballast that connects to the D2R/D2S bulbs and splice this one in that connects perfectly to the 9006 bulb..
look for a phillips kit for a mkiv supra. It allows you to use the stock 9006 bulb housing and looks great. I had it on my gst and on my SVX until i ran out of money to be wasting on lights
phil
Old 08-07-2003, 08:50 AM
Green1995SVX

Do a search on HID lighting. You'll find that you have to replace the projectors in order to get the proper beam pattern.

Mike
Old 08-07-2003, 11:14 AM
overdalimit

I've had the kit on my car for about a year but I had to hold the bulbs in a weird way because they aren't 9006s. I need the harness so I can cut the D series wiring plug off and use the 9006 buld harness.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Green1995SVX

I dont doubt you can use it. I'm sure you have been using it for a year, but i bet there is a lot of glare and you have a bad beam pattern. lol.

Mike
Old 08-10-2003, 11:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to Paisan Send a message via Yahoo to Paisan
Yup I've had mine in for a year as well. They were out of the Micro DE HIDs from Hella. I plan on putting them back in their original housings and mounting them as driving lights on the SVX. Then getting some Silver-stars for the stock headlights. The HIDs in the orignal housing just doesn't work, we've been playing and playing to no avail.

-mike