Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2016, 06:49 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Possible all Aluminum Radiator group buy

John - Thanks for uploading that doc. I had no idea that was going on over there.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:52 AM

Another sad commentary on the 'reality TV show' that our lives have become... I don't FB so I was blissfully unaware of the drama, I believe that FB contributes to this.

I'm not defending Andy, and yes I do have a stake in the buy, but it seems wrong to me that he's expected to act in a professional manner but everyone else is free to, and some feel obligated to, act like childish jerks. I think we should all be held to some measure of personal decorum, and not hide behind the anonimity of a keyboard and act in a way that would make our mothers ashamed of us... That's just my take on the Facebook conversation.

Would I like to have my shiny new aluminum radiator waiting in my garage for a good time to install it? Yes. Did I order it knowing that my radiator was on its last leg and I would need one at any moment? No, if that was the case, I wouldn't have participated in this group buy, I would have went to the boneyard and found a replacement. I can wait for AMR to follow through on their promises and I'll expect an impressive and near perfect piece when it arrives. In the meantime, I have better things to do than annoy the person I'm expecting to follow up on his promises with negative or inflammitory posts on FB.

I'm sure most of you do too.

Owen
Old 09-15-2016, 05:41 PM

Registered SVX

I agree 100%. Even as a 23 year old, I dont use facebook for reasons like this, and many others. When I got into this group buy I knew it would take long, but long as in 3-4 months. I was considering contacting them my self. But I don't think it was right to call Andy out in thay way, publicly. But rather an e-mail just asking for an uodate and what the hold up is. Just my 2 cents. Also, I cant be too mad, my SVX isnt even running right now.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:06 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXandO View Post
I'm not defending Andy, and yes I do have a stake in the buy, but it seems wrong to me that he's expected to act in a professional manner but everyone else is free to, and some feel obligated to, act like childish jerks.
Part of my job puts me into service support escalation situations. By the time they get to me, the problems have usually been going on too long and the situation is about to blow up, so I deal with frustrated and occasionally angry customers regularly. How you respond makes a big difference in either diffusing the situation or igniting it. I appreciate that he is running a business and has a reputation to protect but yes, I would expect the person representing a business to act in a professional manner.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 09-16-2016, 01:22 AM
Some Random Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXandO View Post
Another sad commentary on the 'reality TV show' that our lives have become... I don't FB so I was blissfully unaware of the drama, I believe that FB contributes to this.

I'm not defending Andy, and yes I do have a stake in the buy, but it seems wrong to me that he's expected to act in a professional manner but everyone else is free to, and some feel obligated to, act like childish jerks. I think we should all be held to some measure of personal decorum, and not hide behind the anonimity of a keyboard and act in a way that would make our mothers ashamed of us... That's just my take on the Facebook conversation.

Would I like to have my shiny new aluminum radiator waiting in my garage for a good time to install it? Yes. Did I order it knowing that my radiator was on its last leg and I would need one at any moment? No, if that was the case, I wouldn't have participated in this group buy, I would have went to the boneyard and found a replacement. I can wait for AMR to follow through on their promises and I'll expect an impressive and near perfect piece when it arrives. In the meantime, I have better things to do than annoy the person I'm expecting to follow up on his promises with negative or inflammitory posts on FB.

I'm sure most of you do too.

Owen
To be fair, it is quite less anonymous to talk to someone on FB with your real name rather than on a place like this where your personal info can be kept if you choose to do so. Right or wrong, that is people talking to others as themselves.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:19 AM

We are just hanging in and waiting for the radiator. We had hopes to install it during our outdoor maintenance season this year (late April-late October) but that seems unlikely now. On the bright side that work will go on our 2017 SVX Work to Do List with lighter crank pulley, belts, and water pump.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:42 PM
Some Random Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasSVX92 View Post
I agree 100%. Even as a 23 year old, I dont use facebook for reasons like this, and many others. When I got into this group buy I knew it would take long, but long as in 3-4 months. I was considering contacting them my self. But I don't think it was right to call Andy out in thay way, publicly. But rather an e-mail just asking for an uodate and what the hold up is. Just my 2 cents. Also, I cant be too mad, my SVX isnt even running right now.
The only reason why my car is on the road and why I didn't give up on it is because of the people on SVX Nation. Otherwise it would still be in my yard, mocking me until I finally got rid of it. You take the good with the bad. There are really good people there willing to help you.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:04 PM

Registered SVX

Im not sure this will be enough cooling for my power goals and am thinking about backing out and having a custom one built instead.
1992 SVX Pearlie: AmsOil signature synthetic 10w40 and Ea15k20 filter, Cobb crank pulley, Outlaw Engineering spacers and tb bypass, LGT 5spd, Slotted Crossdrilled rotors and ceramic pads, 11:1 compression, EGR delete, Port & Polished heads, SaikoMichi catch can, A/c delete.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:14 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop View Post
Im not sure this will be enough cooling for my power goals and am thinking about backing out and having a custom one built instead.
I think this will be good for all your cooling needs, unless your planning 800+ at wheel, though I will suggest if your going to be using higher rpm range 5k+ for extended time frame such as road racing, autox what ever after getting the rad spend some money at a welder and have the inlet to the t-stat enlarged and the rad outlet enlarged and moved and relocate the t-stat.

Old 10-14-2016, 02:02 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

Another email from Andy today. He is happy to sell us more stuff while we wait for what we paid for.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 10-15-2016, 03:44 PM
eg33svx95

Registered SVX

I took my money, from this 1000 year project, and ordered an all aluminum Mishimoto 2002-2007 Subaru WRX/STI radiator. I had my good friend Alex from Hise-Tech do some modification to the mounting tabs for the radiator and modification to the fan mounting points. I'm very happy with the results. 48hr turn around a time. Best of it all was it was correct on the first try. Engineer.... huh? haha
Brilliant Red 95 SVX L AWD 149K miles - #904/1801, 08 STI 6MT with DCCD & VSS, ACT SB10 HDSS, 6MT bushings, DW200 Fuel pump, 17x7.5 VX-SCYTHE Wheels, 17x8 BBS STI Wheels,PERRIN CRANK PULLEY, 911 Turbo oil filter,$15/15min MOD & $20/20min Mod, Brontrager WORKS 22mm RSB w/ QS component endlinks, SS Brake Lines, DDM TUNING 6000K HID LOWS, Hella Optilux Extreme Yellow Fog Lights,Window scratcher fix, JDM Clear Corners

My Locker
Old 10-15-2016, 03:48 PM
eg33svx95

Registered SVX

Pictures for credibility!
Mishimoto radiator.jpg
Brilliant Red 95 SVX L AWD 149K miles - #904/1801, 08 STI 6MT with DCCD & VSS, ACT SB10 HDSS, 6MT bushings, DW200 Fuel pump, 17x7.5 VX-SCYTHE Wheels, 17x8 BBS STI Wheels,PERRIN CRANK PULLEY, 911 Turbo oil filter,$15/15min MOD & $20/20min Mod, Brontrager WORKS 22mm RSB w/ QS component endlinks, SS Brake Lines, DDM TUNING 6000K HID LOWS, Hella Optilux Extreme Yellow Fog Lights,Window scratcher fix, JDM Clear Corners

My Locker
Old 10-15-2016, 03:50 PM
eg33svx95

Registered SVX

Pictures for credibility!!

Mishimoto engine bay.jpg

My Locker
Old 10-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Some Random Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svx95 View Post
I took my money, from this 1000 year project, and ordered an all aluminum Mishimoto 2002-2007 Subaru WRX/STI radiator. I had my good friend Alex from Hise-Tech do some modification to the mounting tabs for the radiator and modification to the fan mounting points. I'm very happy with the results. 48hr turn around a time. Best of it all was it was correct on the first try. Engineer.... huh? haha
It looks great.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:40 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

I must be a glutton for punishment. I sent the payment for the radiator fan/shrouds