Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Who has the lowest mileage SVX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed View Post
Well,

As for UK AMs, per Joe's Trim Registration thread, there are codes A and B for UK SVX, CXWAK7E, CXWBK7E, so, these are not the same model, unless there is a typo. It appears that this is not a 'A' being sold for multiple years
That's incorrect Ron.

What I said was the first model SVX, phase 1, was sold in the UK for four years between 92 and 95.

You are inferring that because two UK cars have different applied model codes of CXWAK7E and CXWBK7E that this proves there are different models or different "model years". No way does it prove that.

What it actually proves is that the first car is produced for the UK market and destined to ship in year "A", 1992. The second car was produced for the UK market and destined to ship in the year "B" 1993. There is in fact no difference between the two cars in specification. They are offered with the exact same colours, same trim, same options.

I myself have two cars out back that are B cars. The Ebony car is registered in 1993. The Liquid Silver is registered in 1995.

Think of it as in the UK and Europe the same model is sold for 4 years. In the US the same model is sold for one year. What's so difficult to grasp about that?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-06-2010, 01:39 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
That's incorrect Ron.

What I said was the first model SVX, phase 1, was sold in the UK for four years between 92 and 95.

You are inferring that because two UK cars have different applied model codes of CXWAK7E and CXWBK7E that this proves there are different models or different "model years". No way does it prove that.

What it actually proves is that the first car is produced for the UK market and destined to ship in year "A", 1992. The second car was produced for the UK market and destined to ship in the year "B" 1993. There is in fact no difference between the two cars in specification. They are offered with the exact same colours, same trim, same options.

I myself have two cars out back that are B cars. The Ebony car is registered in 1993. The Liquid Silver is registered in 1995.

Think of it as in the UK and Europe the same model is sold for 4 years. In the US the same model is sold for one year. What's so difficult to grasp about that?

Joe
Joe,

I got you on it, actually, I agree with all of your conclusions .

We have Ford dealers here that still have new FORD GTs in the show room, but they don't want to sell, except for a price.

The SVX was costly in England, and certainly there were B cars that an agressive dealer sold well be an A car at another dealer. First registration dates won't always correlate with model years on low volume cars, here or there.

This is really a discussion for the Model thread, not the lowest mileage thread, let's take it there, and if you would, please move that thread to the Registration forum.
http://www.ClassicSoftTrim.com http://ToyoTires.com/tire/pattern/versado-lx Gillman Subaru of Houston
"QuickChange" http://www.TransGo.com/ http://www.PlanetSVX.com Bontrager Works,

'92 Subaru SVX LS-L Claret ORIGINAL OWNER
'92 LS-L Pearl~ '92 LS Pearl~ '92 LS-L Teal~ '92 LS-L Silver~ '95 LSi Polo~
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Pearl~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54143
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Ebony~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54117
Old 05-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
I am not "winding you up". I am totally serious that a US based system is by far the best. The others make absolutely no sense. How a vehicle is equipped and parts used is based on WHEN it is manufactured--not when it is SOLD or registered. In the US someone can say, I have a 1970 Ford Mustang Boss--the vehicle sat in a storage unit for 15 years without being registered and driven by the owner for several years. When he advertises it for sale everyone knows exactly how it is equipped and what a 1970 vehicle looks like. It would be dumb as hell to consider it a 1985--don't you think??

I don't claim that our system is perfect that there couldn't be improvements on it, but manfacture date based model years is the ONLY way to go.

Lee

Don't you just love an argument?
If a car made in 1992 was not registered and driven until 1994 then there is no reason not to treat it as a new 1994 model. Particularly since the 1992 and 1994 models are identical (outside the US).

I know for a fact that at least one car manufacturer is currently selling "new 2010 models" that are actually (secretly) surplus 2008 models that have been given a minor facelift. They are still considered new cars even though they have been in storage for almost three years.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
That's incorrect Ron.

Joe
Joe,
Remember the pics and question about an early UK car, one WITHOUT an airbag. Was that a 'A' car? Do we know if all A cars, or any A cars for the UK have airbags?
http://www.ClassicSoftTrim.com http://ToyoTires.com/tire/pattern/versado-lx Gillman Subaru of Houston
"QuickChange" http://www.TransGo.com/ http://www.PlanetSVX.com Bontrager Works,

'92 Subaru SVX LS-L Claret ORIGINAL OWNER
'92 LS-L Pearl~ '92 LS Pearl~ '92 LS-L Teal~ '92 LS-L Silver~ '95 LSi Polo~
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Pearl~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54143
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Ebony~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54117
Old 05-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Aussie in enemy territory

Registered SVX

Quote:
Ewie, there is no problem and in fact no mistake in yours. This is work in progress and in many cases including this one we see problems that are not there because of insufficient information.

It is not accurate to say there was a different production sequence for RHD cars. All Japanese cars are RHD, and I was noticing that according to the Japanese [aka JDM] production sequence your car might have been manufactured round September 1991 if it was part of the Japanese production series of RHD cars. Which in fact it is not, yours is part of the Australia production series, and they have their own production series of numbers, and based on that sequence June 1992 is correct for your production number.

Apologies, I never doubted your information, it just needed to be placed in the context of the correct production series.

Joe
Hey now worries, Joe I didn't take any offence at what you said at all.. this is quite an interesting thread actually I picked up what someone said about the Ford GT.. the (very few) RHD vehicles that were sold have their own numbering system.. e.g there's one in Australia that appeared on Top Gear (Aus) labeled "RHD-1" indicating the first RHD version off the production line.

Quote:
Ewie,

Ron [Need for Speed] is pursuing a very worthwhile exercise in determining which Applied Model Code relates to which cars in which markets.

Yours is interesting, it is listed as CXW AU 7E, which implies it is part of the same subset as the Australian market. { Hence your number sequence was different and correct }

In relation to this I have a question for you; you checked out the facts locally and told us that there were 34 SVXes sold into or registered in the NZ market from 92 to 97. Can you confirm that all these 34 cars were produced specifically for the AU/NZ market?

Or put the question another way, is there any possibility that included in the 34 you mention there may have been second hand Japanese cars imported to NZ during that time, and that these second hand imports are included in the number [34] that you say was registered in New Zealand?

Joe
I went as far as I could (without breaking any laws) to determine the total number of SVX's ever registered in NZ. I spoke to Subaru NZ directly who went away, did some research and came back with the 34 SVX's that were imported, sold and registered as new vehicles in NZ.

This does not take into account any used imports unfortunately, of which there is/was quite likely more than the number sold new; the obvious reason being price. I'm trying (in my spare time) to find out how I go about getting this kind of information from the NZTA without breaking any privacy laws. If I ever do get numbers, I'll post them here.

[UPDATE 17.05.10] - Just got an email from NZTA with actual data regarding the total "active" registered fleet in New Zealand. It would appear that the figure of 34 I was given by SubaruNZ may have only applied to 1992 models rather than total sales. I've attached a summary of the data to a thread I posted here: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54587

Last edited by **Ewie**; 05-16-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:21 PM

Registered SVX

To all : I haven't been active on the board for a while but I just wanted to give an update as of May 2011 . My two SVX's now have the following mileage :

1992 Pearl White - LS : 33000

1996 Laguna Blue Pearl - LSi : 56000

All the best : Alanscouse
Old 06-16-2011, 02:29 PM

Not in the running but have a UK '96 registered car with 58,000 miles which is not bad for a 16 yr old car.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:07 PM

Registered SVX

Funny that our car was mentioned in post #2. Don't let the $30K price bother anyone too much, it was simply a parting number if anyone actually offered that. My father and I both still admire the car very much. In 1-2 years, ownership will change hands and be under my name.

I just made a new thread with pictures in the General Babble section.

Up to 16,041 miles on our 1996! Can anyone beat that?

Last edited by fzel07wrx; 09-02-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:57 AM

Registered SVX

Nice 93 with 31,853 miles for sale in Paraguay.

http://clasipar.paraguay.com/subaru_...s__870315.html
70' Olds Toronado
98' Renault Chamade
82' Honda Prelude
79' Honda Accord awaiting restomod.
69' Mustang Hardtop
67' Jeep Ford Willys awaiting restoration.
67' IKA Torino Coupe
74' Renault Torino Coupe
Old 12-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Anyone have photos of the odometer in the PPG Pace Car from Reading 10?

I remember is was more than I thought, but still very, very low.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 12-17-2011, 01:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
Anyone have photos of the odometer in the PPG Pace Car from Reading 10?

I remember is was more than I thought, but still very, very low.

2001 Audi S8
Old 12-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post

Looks like we have a new front-runner.

Build date.: October, 1990
Mileage as of April, 2009: 3089

Owner: Subaru of America

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 12-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

I only have about 5,100 miles on my motor and about 12,500 on my trans... Then about 170k on the rest
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 12-21-2011, 06:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
I only have about 5,100 miles on my motor and about 12,500 on my trans... Then about 170k on the rest
Where did you find the brand new motor?
2001 Audi S8
Old 12-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

Young Tom built it...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5