How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-17-2011, 03:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Flipper Send a message via Skype™ to Flipper
I'm having too much...

Perhaps this has been posted before (didn't found it) if so - for that I apologize.

http://www.svxworldforums.com/forum8/2522-1.html
Can some one here explain to me how can someone spend so much time on making a classic looks like any other car and be even proud of it's creation? I thought I've seen some ugly SVX mods before but this is (no offense) the worst of them.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:39 PM
At home in the flatland

Registered SVX
Re: I'm having too much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
Perhaps this has been posted before (didn't found it) if so - for that I apologize.

http://www.svxworldforums.com/forum8/2522-1.html
Can some one here explain to me how can someone spend so much time on making a classic looks like any other car and be even proud of it's creation? I thought I've seen some ugly SVX mods before but this is (no offense) the worst of them.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...=52672&page=24

I have seen this topic many times. Farang (the creator of this masterpiece) is super talented in how he went about making that car. From the photoshop design to the fabrication, that took some serious skill, that you don't appreciate. If I had that car I would coddle it and put it in bubble wrap because I was so proud of it. I honestly think it is super rude to insult his creation like this. Just saying saying "no offanse" doesn't make your coment any less derogatory.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Soon to own a fuctional SVX

Send a message via AIM to STeeL25T

His car looks phenomenal.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

Yes, he has an extensive thread on this forum as well documenting the different looks in photoshop and the final creation. I will admit that the Outback nose isn't my favorite, but it's his car and the only opinion that really matters is his own. The workmanship and fabrication for the conversion are excellent, so no matter what the final outcome I'm very impressed with his work.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 01-17-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STeeL25T View Post
His car looks phenomenal.
Just seems like a lot of work and a lot of expense to try to
make a SVX look like something it isn't.

Keith
Old 01-17-2011, 07:57 PM
more windows then a minivan..

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post

Keith
I agree and I do body and paint work for a living and theres no way I would want to do that to an svx. Plus the svx is a beautiful car as it is. Why change it? if you like a legacy then buy one.. but I think he did a great job although I would like to see it in person looks can be deceiving in pictures.
*1994 5 speed, Barcelona Red W/ Black ebony pearl top FWD*murrano wheels,lowered with motorsports springs drilled and slotted rotors 20% tint,swapped in leather seats,full exhaust cat delete,15 min mod, red F&R energy bushings
Old 01-17-2011, 08:00 PM
At home in the flatland

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post

Keith
It seems to me like the whole point of owning an svx is to have something completely different than everything out there, and I believe that Farang has embraced the very essence of this philosophy. Good luck on finding a kit to make that car at bodykits.org
Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wohnson89 View Post
It seems to me like the whole point of owning an svx is to have something completely different than everything out there, and I believe that Farang has embraced the very essence of this philosophy. Good luck on finding a kit to make that car at bodykits.org
Yes, but that dosent make sense completely because he used super popular headlights from a leg gt...thats not rare..or unique. you say good luck finding that kit on bodykits.com lol I would rather not ruin the structural integrity and beautiful lines of a RARE car already,and Im sorry but im pretty sure most members on this fourm agree with me.
*1994 5 speed, Barcelona Red W/ Black ebony pearl top FWD*murrano wheels,lowered with motorsports springs drilled and slotted rotors 20% tint,swapped in leather seats,full exhaust cat delete,15 min mod, red F&R energy bushings
Old 01-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX

+1 Why screw with something that was right to begin with?

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket
Old 01-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxAL View Post
...im pretty sure most members on this fourm agree with me.
Take a quick look at the comments <here> before speaking for most of the forum?
Old 01-17-2011, 08:35 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
Take a quick look at the comments <here> before speaking for most of the forum?
ok buddy lol Ill speak for myself alone then and I wouldnt want a bodykit or any of that junk on my cars.. I dont even want to know how much filler and fiberglass is in those bumpers or how much they weigh. But im glad you like that stuff ps k staff and those bumpers arent custom made and are made in a mold but your right....
Old 01-17-2011, 08:47 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX

Quote:
Yes, but that dosent make sense completely because he used super popular headlights from a leg gt...thats not rare..or unique. you say good luck finding that kit on bodykits.com lol I would rather not ruin the structural integrity and beautiful lines of a RARE car already,and Im sorry but im pretty sure most members on this fourm agree with me.
Those headlights are only popular in places outside of the US. I happen to like them. I'm not real crazy about the rear bumper or how big the front bumper is, but the mashup is tastefully done. The work is top-notch and the design shows true craftsmanship.

It's not the ugly that I've seen some other SVX's be subjected to. At least he used other Subaru OEM parts instead of molding in other headlamps.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 01-17-2011, 09:13 PM

Registered SVX

I'm a purist, love OEM stuff, OEM paint, etc.

For example, look at my ebony JDM thread. The wheels are OEM, but not SVX OEM. Some won't like 'em, but some at the meet couldn't believe the wheels weren't SVX.

IN my opinion, Farang's car is totally awesome

By the pictures, and his thread, he is a true car-crafter. We have plenty of threads showing modifications that make SVX look cheap, not this one.

The car looks OEM, because many of the themes and parts are OEM, not SVX, but Subaru. He explores a future design theme that could have been done for or by Subaru. His talent is amazing, his eye for the correct lines, etc..

I would drive it, without hesitation, even park it next to my JDM SVXes.
Think what you will, so will I. My eye loves the pictures of that car

True, in person, the car might not be as nice, but then, every car has a bad angle, and some good angles.
http://www.ClassicSoftTrim.com http://ToyoTires.com/tire/pattern/versado-lx Gillman Subaru of Houston
"QuickChange" http://www.TransGo.com/ http://www.PlanetSVX.com Bontrager Works,

'92 Subaru SVX LS-L Claret ORIGINAL OWNER
'92 LS-L Pearl~ '92 LS Pearl~ '92 LS-L Teal~ '92 LS-L Silver~ '95 LSi Polo~
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Pearl~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54143
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Ebony~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54117
Old 01-17-2011, 09:15 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed View Post
I'm a purist, love OEM stuff, OEM paint, etc.

For example, look at my ebony JDM thread. The wheels are OEM, but not SVX OEM. Some won't like 'em, but some at the meet couldn't believe the wheels weren't SVX.

IN my opinion, Farang's car is totally awesome

By the pictures, and his thread, he is a true car-crafter. We have plenty of threads showing modifications that make SVX look cheap, not this one.

The car looks OEM, because many of the themes and parts are OEM, not SVX, but Subaru. He explores a future design theme that could have been done for or by Subaru. His talent is amazing, his eye for the correct lines, etc..

I would drive it, without hesitation, even park it next to my JDM SVXes.
Think what you will, so will I. My eye loves the pictures of that car

True, in person, the car might not be as nice, but then, every car has a bad angle, and some good angles.
I want to wiegh the bumpers lol
Old 01-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

Quote:
ok buddy lol Ill speak for myself alone then and I wouldnt want a bodykit or any of that junk on my cars.. I dont even want to know how much filler and fiberglass is in those bumpers or how much they weigh. But im glad you like that stuff ps k staff and those bumpers arent custom made and are made in a mold but your right....
Quote:
I want to wiegh the bumpers lol
Why are you so hung up on the weight of the bumpers? Ten pounds, twenty... Realistically that makes absolutely zero difference in the grand scheme of things. Everybody is well aware that any off the shelf body kit was made in a mold, which is why you won't find anything like this anywhere else. Custom = unique, on of a kind, and not on any shelves. Rob's post was meant to show the 24 page thread of "Wow, that looks neat", from the initial photoshops to the custom front facelift.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl