How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2008, 09:31 PM

Re: New and Improved

red, lets keep the discussion in this thread on your car not mine.

Go over to my thread to discuss my car.

By bring up my car in your thread you look like your trying to divert attention away from what you've done here.

I think you would look great in that black and red outfit when you drive your 2 toner.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

I'm not diverting attention from the hard work I did on my own car. Your diverting it by telling me to wear a gay suit that you may infact wear yourself. Again stop posting stuid remarks in here or mods will be informed.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 12-09-2008, 05:40 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim

Seth, you're car is coming along quite nicely. It'll be like a different car at the next Reading. Keep up the good work .

Sorry anthony, not everyone has the same "great' taste that you do.
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 12-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightningsvx View Post
By far the white ones are horrible to match because of being a tricoat, they fade yellow after time, rust spots are BIG eyesores little or big. Hey but what do I know I only paint cars for a living.
Oi!! No need to bash pearlies... No matter how yellowish she is with her various dents and spray painted rust spots.. lol

EDIT: Oh btw, anthonybuchanan, your wing blows, cut it down a foot..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..

Last edited by Freeman; 12-09-2008 at 06:20 AM. Reason: anthonybuchanan's wing is ugly..
Old 12-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

If Red and Black is OK for Wally, it's OK by me too!

You boys are welcome to spar, a little bit of repartee is no harm, but try and keep it below insulting level if you could.

Seth, that's a really nice job you have done there. However, I would be of the same opinion as Dani, use something like the wheels Anthony has on his car. I don't like black wheels on an SVX.

That's only my opinion, and you are the man paying the money for the wheels, so it is your choice.

However, I have probably a million SVX pictures stored on this computer, and I have yet to see an SVX with black wheels that looks good in a photo. Too ricey for me.

Anthony your wing is out there. I mean, another couple of inches and you could probably put an electric motor in it and run very cheaply on tram lines.

Most people on here including me would consider it a little over the top. That was not meant to be a pun, but there ya go.

There was a reason the original Plymouth Superbird got a high rear wing like that; the trunklid would not open with the original wing until they hit on the brainwave of raising it. The rest is history.

It has the benefit of being unique. I can't think of another benefit.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-09-2008, 08:56 AM

I know that my wing is over the top.

That was my decision and I knew that everyone would not like it but I really, really liked it. Ive always had this image of this tall wing on my car so I had it made. It was my call.

So I posted pictures in a thread just to show people what one man has decided to do with his own svx in this free country.

Red though, came to my thread, and spent days getting himself all pissed off about my personal choice and making stupid remarks and low and behold, now he can't take critcizism himself. Give me a break dude.

I did not come to the thread to hijack it and make it a thread about my wing but just to talk about my opinions about his choice. Honestly, I dont give 2 ****s about his color choice however wanted to see his reaction to critcism. Well just as I expected, he cant take it.

Dish it out but run to the mods for help when you get it right red ?

Last edited by anthonybuchanan; 12-09-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:03 AM

svxistentialist, thanks for the interesting tale about the Superbird. I will research this to find more on it just because I like to hear about why decisions have been made in the auto industry. This sounds like a good one.

I did my wing though with the F40 in mind.

Bringing up the Superbird to me is not relevant but I suspect you bring it up as a joke, which is fine.

I would like to hear the history of the F40 and the reasons they decided to make that large wing. I have read somewhere that when the F40 was first introduced the shopping cart joke made the rounds big time. I am sure someone compared it to the Superbird also just for fun.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

Puh-lease!!! The ONLY reason you said you'd want a candy cane car instead of a black n red sex machine is cause he flamed your comically oversized wing!!!

Personally I would not have chose the red and black combo, nor would I have picked a solid red svx.. The only reason for that though is that I have a pearlie and effin love it! Let us not fight amongst ourselves, but against the ridiculous looking and funny sounding Neon's that we pass daily..
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..

Last edited by Freeman; 12-09-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: I'm awesome..
Old 12-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

I'm pleased to see you realise I am being jokey here Anthony.

Also, I only jumped in because I wanted to offer my opinion, not because a mod was called for or anything. All of us mods would just prefer if you just got on with having fun with each other, and do your best not to offend.

The fact that I don't like the style of your wing is not much of an issue, people are free to like or dislike. What is more relevant is that you are to be admired for expressing your taste, even when it goes against the taste of the majority. Fair dues to you man, you have the cohones.

I think really big wings are only of use at NASCAR speeds, for normal commuter travel they are irrelevant. That does not mean an owner should not put one on if that's what he or she likes to do. Freedom of choice, and all that.

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-09-2008, 09:27 AM

I agree.

I do not plan on always having my wing on. I love the original wing just as much as the new butchered one and I will now switch between no wing, the new wing or the original wing, depending on my mood on a given day.

I would not have even gone thru the trouble and expense I have if I could have envisioned that this new wing would only look marginally better. And thats just my opinion. To most it looks substantially worse.

One thing though I think the new wing does and that is it says "Hey, I'm a free man in a free country and I want to do something fun. Ive got the balls to wear this wing even if only 5% of others like it. Its over the top, bold, stupid, unnecessary, crazy, and weird all at the same time. To me, its just fun and I really like it. Im just havin some fun here".
Old 12-09-2008, 09:33 AM

Freeman, you think red/black is the best color for an SVX, well look at this attachment.

White/black is awesome. It even tops my favorite color of all, solid red.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3294.jpg (93.9 KB, 194 views)
Old 12-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Unregistered User

Registered SVX

I love the paint on BOTH redlightningsvx's and your car.. That's what matters right? Don't even mind the spoiler or the mod's.. Red paint is nice, just not what I'd like. Besides, I've heard it makes you a target for police, like dark tint and loud exagust..

Last edited by Freeman; 12-09-2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Not contributing to hijack..
Old 12-09-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm the anti-do-gooder

redlightningSVX : red and black are beautiful together. I personally love it. If had the means to paint my car like you did, I might very well use red and black also. I have a pearl and I admit at first I did not like the color. I almost did not even inquire about buying it because it was white. I have had the car a year now and I love the black top and white body, the colors have grown on me. As far as rust showing I am very happy to report I have NONE! Is it a bit yellow and hard to match? Hell yes but I still love it!

but-ya-can: If you like your wing then great. Keep in mind that almost everyone here (including myself) thinks your wing is totally, utterly, unequivocally, horrid. You are just not gonna get compliments here for it.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Seth, you're car is coming along quite nicely. It'll be like a different car at the next Reading. Keep up the good work .
Sorry anthony, not everyone has the same "great' taste that you do.
Thanks Tim. I'll be there at Reading hopfully without the worst paintjob this time.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Oi!! No need to bash pearlies... No matter how yellowish she is with her various dents and spray painted rust spots.. lol

EDIT: Oh btw, anthonybuchanan, your wing blows, cut it down a foot..
I love how tricoat whites look, just not the stuff I mentioned about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
If Red and Black is OK for Wally, it's OK by me too!

You boys are welcome to spar, a little bit of repartee is no harm, but try and keep it below insulting level if you could.

Seth, that's a really nice job you have done there. However, I would be of the same opinion as Dani, use something like the wheels Anthony has on his car. I don't like black wheels on an SVX.

That's only my opinion, and you are the man paying the money for the wheels, so it is your choice.

However, I have probably a million SVX pictures stored on this computer, and I have yet to see an SVX with black wheels that looks good in a photo. Too ricey for me.

Joe
Thanks Joe. The rims are still undecided untill some photoshop is done so I can get at least a guess on how it'll look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybuchanan View Post
Red though, came to my thread, and spent days getting himself all pissed off about my personal choice and making stupid remarks and low and behold, now he can't take critcizism himself. Give me a break dude.

I did not come to the thread to hijack it and make it a thread about my wing but just to talk about my opinions about his choice. Honestly, I dont give 2 ****s about his color choice however wanted to see his reaction to critcism. Well just as I expected, he cant take it.
I wouldn't bless myself in days in your horrible wing thread because my eyes will burn with rice car images. Plus I think you got all pissy because someone else did something with thier car and you as the ego god (sort of like Nate the Hate) couldn't have that and had to leave your thoughts plus snide remarks. I take critisism all day at work so I think I can definatly take yours. I left 1 SINGLE POST IN 1 ON YOUR WING THREADS WHICH WAS A 1 WORD OPINION OF MINE!!!!!FAIL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Puh-lease!!! The ONLY reason you said you'd want a candy cane car instead of a black n red sex machine is cause he flamed your comically oversized wing!!!

Personally I would not have chose the red and black combo, nor would I have picked a solid red svx.. The only reason for that though is that I have a pearlie and effin love it! Let us not fight amongst ourselves, but against the ridiculous looking and funny sounding Neon's that we pass daily..
Exactly.....
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 12-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

That is a gorgeous paint scheme and from the pics appears to have been very well done... Props to another SVX looking good again...

P.S. Shut up, Anthony and learn how to spell...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5