Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 03-23-2005, 06:47 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
i was just messing with him.... , and why do i have that feeling that you don't like me much?
Quote:
on the other hand, have some respect to your SVX, this is not a pickup truck !!
Seemed a little harsh to me and had no context to show you were joking with him. Aside from your choice of rear wing, I like the things you have done with your SVX. While I am sure all of us respect your fiberglassing skills, I do know that some folks don't care at all for nearly anything you have done to your SVX. They think that any changes from stock are a sign of disrespect for the car. Stop being so sensitive and worrying about what people think of you. I have no ill feelings towards you. In fact, I rather like you.

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:09 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarJohnny
Seemed a little harsh to me and had no context to show you were joking with him. Aside from your choice of rear wing, I like the things you have done with your SVX. While I am sure all of us respect your fiberglassing skills, I do know that some folks don't care at all for nearly anything you have done to your SVX. They think that any changes from stock are a sign of disrespect for the car. Stop being so sensitive and worrying about what people think of you. I have no ill feelings towards you. In fact, I rather like you.

Johnny
-->

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:21 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
-->
Now there is a unique way to get around the 10 character rule.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 05-27-2005, 12:24 AM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
maybe it would be easier and more functional to remove the head rests and add a strap to keep the seat back down, that way it remains flush with the trunk you could bore out holes in the rear of the back seat and install woofers that way, my friend did a similar job in his jaguar xjs he used the space to "display" his amp and subs.
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)
Old 05-27-2005, 10:17 PM

Rear Seat Replacement...

is something I've thought about. I'm only 6'1" and 250 lbs. and I can't fold the seat down and be comfortable. I don't know how anyone 6'5" fits in the car!
It seems to me that a skilled fiberglass fabricator like Silverspear could make a replacement for the seat bottom that is level with the trunk floor like the seatback is when folded down. Perhaps a covered storage area in the space formerly occupied by the seat bottom? Could always use more storage space. Anyone up to the challenge? Silverspear? Motorsport? Anyone? Anyone?
Take extra care this Memorial Day weekend,
WGJ
Old 05-28-2005, 09:15 AM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
the only time youll ever hear this quote form me..... "thank god im only 5'7"
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)
Old 05-30-2005, 06:19 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
I hate the idea that we are a 2+2 anyway, so axe the seat. And yea, I am 6ft 4in and 300+ pounds, I lift every other day and I carry suff so it does occasonally get tight. Why don't one of you guys that are good with fibergass go to the HOT IMPORT NIGHTS web site that would give you some idea what the guys with more money then brains are doing.
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:53 PM

Beast, You've Gotta Be Kidding!

Among other things, I'm a strength coach, and I know how BIG you are and I'd like to see a picture of you in your 'beast'. I'd of sworn I was about as big as you could be and still fit. I can't imagine. Really. I don't doubt you, I'd just like to see what your driving position looks like. I'm afraid I may have disuaded one or two of my big weightlifters from considering an SVX because I really didn't think they could fit, much less be comfortable.
Maybe we should start a new thread...people who want to ditch the back seat for something light and functional. After some more leg room I'd like to see about getting the steering wheel closer. What do you think?
WGJ
Old 05-31-2005, 01:19 AM
no limitation as limitation

im 5.8 or 5.10 without the limp, its a stretch to reach the wheel at a position where my knees arn't in the dash. and im told i have long arms for my size (used to box before i got into wang chun)
Old 05-31-2005, 05:36 AM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
I'm big but not as big as some of the crazy weight lifters, I can hold my own in the gym really well , but there are guys bigger then me
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:47 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
im 5.8 or 5.10 without the limp, its a stretch to reach the wheel at a position where my knees arn't in the dash. and im told i have long arms for my size (used to box before i got into wang chun)
I know what you mean. I'm 6' (at least I was before age and gravity shaved an inch from me) but I am all arms, legs and neck. With a 34" inseam and a 76" wingspan, I find that leg room is not an issue when you drive a 5MT. With the seat all the way back I am unable to depress the clutch fully, so I have to move it up an inch or so. I find that the steering wheel is too far away, even when fully telescoped, when my back is in a comfortable position. I would not mind locating a different steering wheel with a deeper dish to get a couple more inches of extension to it. The trouble with driving a Japanese car like the SVX is that it was designed for Japanese people.

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:40 PM

A Closer Steering Wheel...

would be very nice. Several people have asked and talked about installing WRX steering wheels. Anyone have any ideas about possible steering wheel replacements? And how about the rear seat replacement/storage bin?
WGJ
Old 06-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
would be very nice. Several people have asked and talked about installing WRX steering wheels. Anyone have any ideas about possible steering wheel replacements? And how about the rear seat replacement/storage bin?
WGJ

We have a Brat wheel we were gonna put in but the weight savings wasn't worth it. The issues are more the stalks than anything else.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:36 PM

Weight Isn't My Concern...

I'm more concerned about car control and comfort. Just love to get that steering wheel 2-3 inches closer. Went into your race car site and as a former bike (Yamaha, Ducati) racer I'm acutely aware of the value of lightness. So I really appreciate what you've done with your racer. However, if lightness was my concern I wouldn't have bought an SVX. I wanted a big studly car for protection. At 3600+ lbs. my SVX is the heaviest car I've ever owned. That was part of the appeal, that I might have a fighting chance in a close encounter with one of the masses of bimbos we have here circulating the freeways in Expeditions tailgating at 80+ while yaking on a cell phone and smoking a cigerette.
With the stock wheel, if I put the seatback upright enough to be the proper distance for the 9-3 or 10-2 hand position, my bald cranium is getting polished by the headliner. So I've adopted the 7-5 spin-the-wheel rally style hand position. Occasionally passengers (especially my ol' Dad) are initially worried that I'm too 'casual' until I take a 35mph on ramp at 70. (I love the way the SVX sticks with my new 245/45 Avon Mtech's and 16x8 RX7 wheels!) But I'd still be alot more comfortable if I could get into both positions without the head buffing.
Does anyone know if the WRX Momo wheel's doable. I remember a thread on the subject some time ago and I think an impediment to a clean install was the same issue you brought up...the stalks.
WGJ
Old 06-02-2005, 08:16 AM

7-5

WGJ,
Actually the 7-5 position is correct in the current age of airbags they say. I'm 6-2 and 300lbs of pure table muscle..hehe. As my motto goes who needs an airbag when you ARE the airbag.

Steve