How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet

Old 03-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Autox Event during reading Register now if you wanna go

Found someone holding an autox on the 10th. It is Autoxers inc. The event is going to be held at Rypken Stadium in Aberdeen, MD. About an hour and a half south of reading. If there is interest I'll see what I can come up with as far as rcost and all.

Last edited by benebob; 03-14-2005 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Update
Old 03-08-2005, 05:14 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

I would be VERY INTERESTED (since I have to head south anyway ) if I bring "Gumby"... If not then I won't

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-14-2005, 03:26 AM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
what are the classes
i've never done autox b4 but i want to get in on it
don't have a helmet tho... it's been the main thing holding me back might buy one w/ tax rtrn this year tho
Old 03-14-2005, 04:57 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
I signed up last night, if you're interested go here for info, and here for the entry list.
If you are interested in running, you have to preregister on that site. Registration is closed at 150 cars or 4/6/05 whichever comes first.

If you are unsure of what class to run, stock with no performance, susp, or braking mods will be "G Stock". If you have made any mods, post them up here . Someone will know where you need to be. But, you can change your class after you are registered, so if you want to go, get registered first and figure out your class later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadTW
what are the classes
i've never done autox b4 but i want to get in on it
don't have a helmet tho... it's been the main thing holding me back might buy one w/ tax rtrn this year tho
If you get one get, one with a "Snell 2000" rating. Snell 1995 will work this year yet, but next year you won't be able to use it.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:14 AM

Also, as for the helmet for autoxing you only need one with an M rating (Motorcycle) from Snell not the SA (sport automotive). They rate every 5 years so you may be able to come up with one that is an M2005 sometime this year. Most prefer open face but I like the full face as I also use it for my cycle. Picked my Bieffe up on ebay for like $50 shipped and love it. Make sure you try them on locally first as an ill fitting helmet just isn't good.

As for this autox you're more than welcome to use mine. That is if you're head will fit. W/O hair mine is a medium. Chances are you'd be on your way home around 4ish maybe earlier maybe later so long as you're in the am race. If you or anybody else wants to go SIGN UP EARLY following Hocrest's links! They cap it at 150 participants, first come first serve.

Oh yeah, and the 1st and most important thing you can do to prepare a car for autoxing (assuming it is in good mechanical shape) is BLEED YOUR BRAKES and put in new fluid. You'll thank me later

Last edited by benebob; 03-14-2005 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:48 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Sounds like a blast, but it also sounds like it will end up taking the better part of Saturday. Too much time away from the meet itself and it defeats the whole purpose unless the whole group was going. Maybe next year we can hold our very own race. I know Harry and his son, Tom, have all the timing & course equipment we will need. I'm thinking I will do what I can to find a place to hold it next year.

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:41 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarJohnny
Sounds like a blast, but it also sounds like it will end up taking the better part of Saturday...

It's on Sunday the 10th. If it was Saturday I wouldn't be racing...

From what I've heard the biggest obstacal to having our own autocross event isn't the equipment or space, but the insurance???

As of last night, the registration is about 1/2 filled up. So far me and Ben in the Racer are the only SVX signed up. Anybody else going to do this??

For anybody that hasn't autocrossed yet, it is extremely fun with minimal risk to your car as long as you don't get stupid
Old 03-31-2005, 06:15 PM

The event still has openings for anybody interested. I'm lending my XT to another Subie fanatic to drive. Complete with decent race tires. If anybody is interested in giving it a shot but doesn't want to risk their car let me know as I might be willing to lend it to ya since it'll be there anyways. Only thing is you will have to help with the prep work like putting on tires, checking pressure, getting it through tech (which I know it'll pass fine).

As for destroying it. Trust me you can't! I've been trying too for years. Even have a rebuilt engine waiting to go in but why remove a runner? I'd actually be proud if someone toasted it through normal means of course.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:02 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

I wanna see the RWD SVX tear it up!!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-01-2005, 07:29 AM

It won't be rwd by then. Maybe FWD but hopefully AWD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: