Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 10-09-2008, 09:10 PM

w00t!

Look at that weather window! Don't want to hear anything about rain... this is Southern Oregon man.

I just got back from doing the 'pre-run' of the loop! Damn, I just flew on that road today and I am still grinning 3 hours later. Passed just two cars the entire run.

I will be handing out directions & route notes to all this Sunday morning so we don't loose any of you again. The couple chassis scrappers and rim benders we found on our August drive are ALL gone! Road crew has been working hard.

You can also grab copies of the maps as they are now current to the route we will be running on Sunday.

Any of you who would like to come back to the house after Mucho Gusto (locals and 'out-of-towners') are welcome to hang and sip some brews. Make it a 'BYOB' event and I would suggest bringing them in a cooler, so they are cold and ready to tip.

See you all soon!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:28 PM

D.O.T. Dumps Gravel On Our Entire Route!

SOIC Greensprings ll Canceled!!!

I am so sorry, but we had 3" of snow last night on the roads we are using. No big deal, we have two warm sunny days coming to melt it! BUT, Oregon DOT thought they better bring out the gravel trucks and they dropped pumice stone on our entire loop. I just got back home from running up there... it will destroy our cars if we run.

We are left with our core local people and I will find an alternate drive ASAP and will keep all posted ~

We will still meet @ 10:30AM at the Subaru dealer!
Old 10-14-2008, 12:21 AM

SOIC October 12th Drive!

When we had to bail on our drive that so many people had looked forward to from Portland to Ashland, I was pretty much devastated. At one point we had 31 cars coming and expectations were high. Then disaster struck in the form of the pumice rock destroying our drive (will Oregon D.O.T. ever run out?).

We were left with 12 cars (11 Subarus and 1 Evo). I threw together a last minute route/loop in low elevations and showed up at 10:30 AM with the rest at Southern Oregon Subaru Mitsubishi.

Then a 1st time runner showed up. A wingless STI from down here with a car that was both awesome and a 'sleeper' at the same time. Better then that, he knew the route I had chosen (and then some) like the back of his hand. The best way to run quick on a road you don't know... thank you from all of us Don!

He set a pace that was fast, but not crazy and on very uncrowded roads we had a blast. This was a great, great route for early fall and late spring.

There was not a single 'asshat' move made by anyone. For a mix of ages from 19 to 55, everyone drove with respect and skill. Pass!

So here are a few images... The last two shots are from our 'SOIC' secretary and 'mascot', Lyna (AKA "Scooter") obviously our resident artist!

If anyone else has images to post ~ please post on NASIOC.com, RS25.com & ClubWRX.net & IWSTI.com, as they were the only four boards to send people to our drive...

Thanks to all for lifting my spirits and giving us a great run! :sunny:

This is one sick STI ~ Don, you rock!

'Scooter' ~ You got the eye, girlfriend!