How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-30-2008, 07:27 PM

Registered SVX
$$$$$ Housing bail out????

What's up with the bill signed into law today? 400,000 home owners will have thier loans adjusted for a favorable payment, folks, that's 750,000 per owner This is totally insane....if you're in a home worth 750,000 fix your own mess....insanity on the grandest scale....total BS

I think it would be reasonable to provide help to those in trouble at the low end of the home owner sectrum...this law is crazy.......

PC at it's best
Old 07-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Re: $$$$$ Housing bail out????

I can see both sides, but what really pisses me off is that most of the schisters that got rich by writing the loans that caused this mess knew it was coming and that it would have such an effect on our country...

I'm all for running a business to make money and be successful, but when you realize that what your doing is going to wind up screwing over so many people, you have to ask yourself "is it worth it"???
Old 07-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest View Post
I can see both sides, but what really pisses me off is that most of the schisters that got rich by writing the loans that caused this mess knew it was coming and that it would have such an effect on our country...

I'm all for running a business to make money and be successful, but when you realize that what your doing is going to wind up screwing over so many people, you have to ask yourself "is it worth it"???
SHADES OF "THE KEATING SEVEN OF yesteryear!!!"

Back in the dark ages, before cell phones and computers, we had a few guys that caused the "Savings and loan failure that cost the taxpayer so much so many years ago!! This is just a new verse to a very old song.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 07-31-2008, 02:33 AM
SVX Addict

Send a message via MSN to BRADY Send a message via Skype™ to BRADY
Registered SVX

I think you all should leave the USA before the real panic begins...I am serious. The USA is in SO much debt, it will NEVER recover. The USA has destroyed itself!

Australia is a lovely place, I recommend it.
1992 SVX Mica Red/Black (Ruby Pearl) (ADM)- 290,000 kms. With Koni adjustable front shocks, THRICE o/hauled 4EAT with transmission cooler and now the 'QUICK CHANGE' unit, custom PWR aluminium radiator, replacement water pump, fuel pump, crank pulley, Pioneer 6 x 9 rear and 6 inch front speakers, Sony Head unit, rattles from the front end and steering, front DBA slotted rotors. Blown heater core, ruined CV joints, new car park damage. FOR SALE... www.thebeatleboys.com
Old 07-31-2008, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest View Post

Hey, it's worth it if you walk away from the wreckage with millions of dollars jingling in your pocket.

I got a mortgage from my local bank. Almost nothing down. Monthly note that I could handle comfortably. Well, my friendly banker sold that puppy to Mortgages Are Us almost before I got home from the closing, and the thing is, they didn't give a flip whether or not I could make the payments; they made their money on the sale of the debt. They could have loaned me twice what I borrowed; what did they care? This is a grand pyramid scheme, passing the risk on down the line.

There's no doubt that plenty of Americans need a good dose of personal responsibility (strong medicine), and most of us certainly need to save more and spend less, but it sure is a shame to lay all the blame on the folks who got in over their heads while the masterminds get a walk.

dcb
Old 07-31-2008, 07:47 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
Hey, it's worth it if you walk away from the wreckage with millions of dollars jingling in your pocket.

I got a mortgage from my local bank. Almost nothing down. Monthly note that I could handle comfortably. Well, my friendly banker sold that puppy to Mortgages Are Us almost before I got home from the closing, and the thing is, they didn't give a flip whether or not I could make the payments; they made their money on the sale of the debt. They could have loaned me twice what I borrowed; what did they care? This is a grand pyramid scheme, passing the risk on down the line.

There's no doubt that plenty of Americans need a good dose of personal responsibility (strong medicine), and most of us certainly need to save more and spend less, but it sure is a shame to lay all the blame on the folks who got in over their heads while the masterminds get a walk.

dcb
The master minds will end up in prison.

What's up with 400,000 out of 100,000,000 getting a huge beni on the backs of the tax payers?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:04 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADY View Post
I think you all should leave the USA before the real panic begins...I am serious. The USA is in SO much debt, it will NEVER recover. The USA has destroyed itself!

Hey BRADY,

This US citizen ain't goin anywhere. If it falls apart, it is what it is. I would not be surprised if at some point down the road Congress and the President erase the debt and start over at zero debt, a shell game on the grandest scale.

Yes, Australia is lovely, the beer there is good also
Old 07-31-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromano View Post
The master minds will end up in prison.
The smiley means you're kidding, right? They aren't going to jail; they're getting bonuses.

Quote:
What's up with 400,000 out of 100,000,000 getting a huge beni on the backs of the tax payers?
In the end the taxpayer gets the shaft either way: Either directly, through bailouts (and don't think for a minute that there won't be way more "corporate welfare" here than assistance to John Q. Homeowner), or indirectly by way of the damage to the economy caused by foreclosures and sinking real estate values.

dcb
Old 07-31-2008, 05:35 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADY View Post
Ah but aren't you running out of water. Maybe we can cut into the deficit by selling Aussieland some water to make that beer with
Old 07-31-2008, 05:58 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
The smiley means you're kidding, right? They aren't going to jail; they're getting bonuses.

In the end the taxpayer gets the shaft either way: Either directly, through bailouts (and don't think for a minute that there won't be way more "corporate welfare" here than assistance to John Q. Homeowner), or indirectly by way of the damage to the economy caused by foreclosures and sinking real estate values.

dcb
dcb, the smiley ment I will be happy when they are sentenced to nice long stays in a federal country club
Old 08-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX

Houses in my area are mostly in the $400k-750k range, and people get into them in variable interest rates. After 5 years, the price goes up, and they can't afford it. What did they think would happen? it's kinda dumb.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
Houses in my area are mostly in the $400k-750k range, and people get into them in variable interest rates. After 5 years, the price goes up, and they can't afford it. What did they think would happen? it's kinda dumb.
Duh, they thought we'd pay their morgage for them! Next they'll want you to pay the loan on their Hummer as they didn't think gas was gonna cost this much when they bought it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: