How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 03-10-2005, 09:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sidewinder Send a message via MSN to Sidewinder
Mozilla Firefox and New Forum Question

This is not a question about how you like the forum. We've covered that about four hundred times now in four different threads.

Anyway, I'm having problems with Firefox remembering my password for the new forum. I've selected "remember me" on the forum and it works for about eight hours, then I have to type my password again.

So, I cleared my password list and selected remember my password for this site through Mozilla. Doesn't work. Then I cleared it again, and selected "don't remember my password for this site" through Firefox. Doesn't work. Finally, I've selected "Never remember my password for this site" and still doesn't work.

What's going on here?!!

I prefer not to type my password five times a day, since I come here about eight times a day...

"The SVX — Where, they wondered, do you put the kayak?"
Old 03-11-2005, 06:12 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

I'll check my trash out when I get back to my room tonight.... Can't help ya while I'm at work though... We use IE here... But I use Mozilla at home ...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
You don't clear cookies do you?
Old 03-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Working fine for me on mozilla 1.7.5
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Working fine for me on mozilla 1.7.5
That's also what I use but I don't save passwords or else I end up forgeting them.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
That's also what I use but I don't save passwords or else I end up forgeting them.
You can display the passwords with password manager though.

Speaking of forgetting passwords, my work laptop was getting slower and slower lately so I decided to delete as much as I could off of it yesterday. I deleted a bunch of programs and then I found a few extra profiles on it. One named test, and one named default. I deleted them both. I didn't know the one named default was setup by mozilla and contained all my bookmarks, passwords, email, preferences, etc. Of course it went straight to byte heaven. No passing go, no collecting $200, no stopping in recycle bin purgatory.

I spent last night trying to remember passwords. I had to have at least 10 of them emailed to me. I must have lost 2 years worth of bookmarks.

Went to bed feeling stupid.
Again.
The laptop is still slow too.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:23 PM

I'm using Firefox 1.01 and it works fine so far. I do have the forum set as an exception to the cookie rule.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Meow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
I didn't know the one named default was setup by mozilla and contained all my bookmarks, passwords, email, preferences, etc. Of course it went straight to byte heaven. No passing go, no collecting $200, no stopping in recycle bin purgatory.
I did the exact same thing. Only thing is it was 9 years of email/bookmarks.

(Fortunately I had a backup)
Old 03-12-2005, 02:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to mumsis Send a message via Yahoo to mumsis
ie

ok i am not sure that this has anything to do with it, but i have always been able to log on to this site at work, today, nada, nothing couldn't do it. we use ie there and i use it at home as well. i have a firewall at home as well as at work. so i am thinking it has something to do with the settings for the firewall. i could be wrong... i am not an IT person at all. if anyone else has an idea i would like to hear it as it was kind of aggravating getting told over and over that i did not have permission to log onto this site. thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: