How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-25-2011, 11:13 AM
The Molinator

Parts from SubaruParts.com .. ??

Have you ever had them drop the ball repeatedly?? I ordered Center Bearing (for driveshaft).. and AT Inhibitor switch TWICE! Once during Mem Day sale.. then later by phone.. NEVER RECEIVED parts.. ????

Are they still best source for OEM parts.. ?

Thanks..
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 06-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Parts from SubaruParts.com .. ??

I've ordered a few times, never an issue.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

They have been good for me, although the shipping is a little slow sometimes.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 AM

Registered SVX

1stsubaruparts.com is a good alternate. Usually a little cheaper if you're buying anything over $50 or so. They aren't fast either, but I've never had either of them lose an order...
Old 06-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX

After over a dozen orders, my only complaint is slow shipping to the east coast.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 06-27-2011, 01:48 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3 View Post
After over a dozen orders, my only complaint is slow shipping to the east coast.
Ditto. Takes a long time. The shipping's not cheap either.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 06-27-2011, 02:08 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3 View Post
Gene
I think it' because that they order from the Corporate Subaru Parts warehouse, wait for the parts to arrive, assemble the order, then ship it out.

Remember that Subaruparts is nothing more than a parts supply counter at a dealership! But they have great prices and great service.

I just ordered a bunch of parts during their last sale... I spent $198 for the complete engine reseal kit, $89 for a factory water pump, and 6 NKG plugs for $45. Fantastic prices. They even tracked down a piece or trim for the SVX from Japan for me.

They go the extra mile. But if you need a part fast, you local dealer might be a better option.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:53 PM
The Molinator

They musta found out Im a %#*@hook ???

I've ordered from them over 12 times over 10 years.. lotta stuff.. .

I ordered on May 30 during sale.. never heard.. they responded to email by calling my cellphone.. they let me order Center Bearing and Inhibitor Switch for 15% off @ about $250.. never heard again.. emailed 10-15 days ago.. nothing.. emailed last week.. emailed again today.. .

Must be COOTIES!

Thanks..

P.S. Called today .. wunt answer!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Old 06-28-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnblatt View Post
I think it' because that they order from the Corporate Subaru Parts warehouse, wait for the parts to arrive, assemble the order, then ship it out.
Yeah, I've always thought they do the customer a disservice by not having a system that would support direct drop-shipments from regional warehouses.

I've ordered from subaruparts.com numerous times without a problem and echo those above regarding slow-ish delivery @ pricey freight being the only negatives. But for perspective, once I phoned my nearest dealership and was quoted full list price for whatever it was I needed, plus shipping (or a three-hour round-trip). No, thanks.

dcb
Old 06-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX

I recently found out the local Subaru dealer gives a 20% discount to auto repair shops. A friend has one and got me a coil pack for the same price as Subaruparts.com, and no shipping.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 06-28-2011, 01:07 PM

Registered SVX

I have never had them drop the ball, but shipping time to northeast is almost unacceptable...
I have never had a part take less than 3 weeks to get to me after placing an order.
3 weeks is a long time to wait, specially seeing what they charge for shipping.

My last order to them I ordered 6 washers, it took me 5 weeks to get them..
Old 06-28-2011, 04:02 PM

One of the local Subaru dealerships will match Subaruparts.com prices for me and doesn't charge me shipping. I had a full set of valve cover gaskets ordered from back east in less than a week. (unfortunately it's not the closest dealer to my house, but oh well...)

davew833@yahoo.com

Former 6-time SVX owner
Old 06-29-2011, 07:11 PM
The Molinator

This is getting ReAlLy NuTs!!! They still haven't called, or emailed.. . after ALL THIS! I'm starting to wonder if they're not the latest casualty of the OBAMA StImUlUs ReCeSsIoN/DePrEsSiOn slooooooow-dooooooown! [Bug-Off Bush Haters!]

LOOK! I've been married four (4) times! I KNOW what the silent treatment looks & feels like.. . BUT, I don't know what I did.. . AgAiN!

Thanks..
Old 06-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

I thought I had a problem with a shipment once, and I remember that I had to call several times to try to reach someone. Once I did reach someone they were very helpful. I would keep calling and emailing them and in general bugging them till you get a live person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott View Post
This is getting ReAlLy NuTs!!! They still haven't called, or emailed.. . after ALL THIS! I'm starting to wonder if they're not the latest casualty of the OBAMA StImUlUs ReCeSsIoN/DePrEsSiOn slooooooow-dooooooown! [Bug-Off Bush Haters!]

LOOK! I've been married four (4) times! I KNOW what the silent treatment looks & feels like.. . BUT, I don't know what I did.. . AgAiN!

Thanks..
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 06-29-2011, 07:28 PM

They are local for me... Tacoma WA. A year or two back they had pretty good people to work with. The problem is that they have had a turnover in personal since then and My last attempt to be a "customer" was a disaster! I bought a new subaru Legacy Wagon from them in 1990... before I learned better The dealership has always stunk. Even changed hands a couple of time since and it still stinks.

I buy parts from the Subaru dealership in Auburn WA Good people all around!

Keith