Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Wheels / Tires

Old 08-18-2009, 10:38 AM

Yokohama S.Drive or Bridgestone RE750?

I'm looking for tires for my SVX. I live in the desert of southern california, which means that I do no generally encounter rain and we get an occasional snow. When it snows this car will remain parked unless it happens to snow when I'm at work, in which case it will be driven home and parked until better weather shows through.

The one catch: I live on dirt roads. So every time this car is driven it goes on dirt for a mile or so. If it rains while I'm out, that dirt turns to mud.

I am looking at either the Yokohama S.Drive or the Bridgestone RE750. Both seem well regarded, have good reviews, and balance great driving performance with reasonable life. Anyone have either of these on their SVX? How do you like them?

Joel
Old 08-24-2009, 06:44 PM

Re: Yokohama S.Drive or Bridgestone RE750?

Went with the S.Drives because they were $37 cheaper per tire, and my friend had a set on his WRX when we drove the crap out of it about a year ago and they rocked.

The first thing I noticed is that they are DRASTICALLY quieter than the tires I had on the car before. I can now hear wind noise and other sounds I've never been able to hear over the roar of the tires. I am quite happy about this.

They seem to corner well but I haven't been able to take them out on the twisties yet...

Joel