Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2011, 07:31 PM
The Molinator

Re: Parts from SubaruParts.com .. ??

Ya Know! I'm not at all sure the Propellor Shaft Center Bearing is my "creaking/rotational" problem.. and really not sure I couldn't find a good used AT Inhibitor Switch here.. so .. WhAtTaYaThInK?

Anyone gotta good/functioning AT Inhibitor Switch .. (or even a sound Center Bearing (and rubber mount) .. ???

Thanks..
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:34 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott View Post
Ya Know! I'm not at all sure the Propellor Shaft Center Bearing is my "creaking/rotational" problem.. and really not sure I couldn't find a good used AT Inhibitor Switch here.. so .. WhAtTaYaThInK?

Anyone gotta good/functioning AT Inhibitor Switch .. (or even a sound Center Bearing (and rubber mount) .. ???

Thanks..
I have a tranny sitting in the garage I can pull the inhibitor switch from if you can tell me where it's located on the tranny.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 06-29-2011, 07:36 PM
The Molinator

Quote:
I buy parts from the Subaru dealership in Auburn WA Good people all around!
Any mail orders? .. Discounts? .. or ???
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Old 06-29-2011, 07:40 PM
The Molinator

Quote:
I have a tranny sitting in the garage I can pull the inhibitor switch from if you can tell me where it's located on the tranny.
Does it work? Starts in P & N .. and lights 1, 2, 3, D, R, P on dash? [OR.. Do you know how to check continuities.. ?]

Thanks ..

P.S. It's at the shift lever .. behind .. held on by three (3) Philips head machine screws .. and has 12 terminal wire & Harness (travels from mid-AT on passenger side.. to top/front of AT, where harness is held in place.. .

Last edited by James Scott; 06-29-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:17 PM

Registered SVX

I ordered a ball joint because it was $90+ at the dealer and a lot cheaper with them. Well, when i ordered it, they called back and told me that they couldnt charge my card shipping. I dont know what issue they had but it was on there end. So, I had to cancel my order and get it from the dealer and the dealer said there was only 18 left in the country.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:26 PM
The Molinator

HELP.. . No More SVX Parts!

Thanks.. Jim

P.S. Maybe you're right JEFF! I asked the SubaruParts.com guy, Andrew, who said my parts may be in next week! (about 4 weeks later!) .. If they're getting hard to get .. HE SAID THAT SVX PARTS ARE GETING VERY HARD TO GET!

Last edited by James Scott; 07-01-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:23 AM
The Molinator

Finally got parts.. but Inhibitor Switch appears wrong! Hmmm?

Part number ordered was supposed to be One-Piece w/harness
31910AA070 (Pt020306)

BUT they sent a (TWO-PIECE) Inhibitor Switch 31918AA000 (Bp001029) with
a 31911AA010 Harness ???

Anybody know anything about this???

Thanks..
Old 07-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Parts from SubaruParts.com

Searching all years for the SVX on subaruparts.com shows the same number you ordered 31910AA070.

However, Subaru Parts For You says the part you received is a correct number for what you want. Description and photo below.

http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_...p?partid=20550

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 07-09-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:09 PM
The Molinator

Interesting! .. Thanks! .. ???

That's what I thot as the most likely explanation.. . BUT, This (2-part) harness end (male, engine side) has all small prongs! The old harness has 10 small .. and 2 LARGE PRONGS for the starter circuit! .. ???

Maybe it works .. . BUT seems to not be compatible .. ??

Thanks..
Old 07-11-2011, 08:18 PM
The Molinator

Never mind.. I remembered incorrectly! It was the wire size.. not the prong size! The two starter circuit wires going to the harness on the stock part are much bigger than the others. On the new 2-part replacement Inhibiter.. all the wires are larger! So, it should work (the prongs are the same as the stock) .. ???

Thanks..
Old 07-18-2011, 03:42 PM
The Molinator

Both the Inhibiter switch.. and Center Bearing were CORRECT.. AND helped my SVX.. they were the parts I needed.. and finally GOT from SubaruParts.com on July 9, 2011.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott View Post
Any mail orders? .. Discounts? .. or ???
Ask for Jason and say Keith sent you! Not sure about shipping but I think it could be done... (That last part is from a lifetime of being taught that "Can't is a cuss word")

Keith