Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-24-2003, 08:34 PM
Superbeast

Where only the VR4's turbo's or did they make a lower 2wd turbo model? Just wondering because I was screwing with one the other day and it didn't say VR4 on it so I assumed I was safe, altho I never gave him a chance to get by me.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:21 PM
92SvxChick

VR4's

VR4's were all AWD...although some prople have done the swap in their base non-turbo models to twin turbo...hence 2wd twin turbo. A VR4, I would NEVER mess with but the base model 3000gt and Stealth's are dogs. Now the non-turbo R/T's, the middle of the road models, would be a good race with an SVX. They have 222 hp...thats more than a Mustang GT.

Megan
Old 03-24-2003, 09:30 PM
Superbeast

I thought the Steath R/T was the same as the 3000 VR4. I'v seen 3000 LS's or somthing like that I belive thoes are the twincam non turbos, and I'v seen the base Stealths with the Caravan motor. Sad. But I'm still not sure of all the variations.

I'v heard of a Caravan with the Twin Turbo motor running 12's at NewEngland dragway, haven't seen it thoe.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 03-25-2003, 01:15 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Re: VR4's

Quote:
Originally posted by 92SvxChick
Now the non-turbo R/T's, the middle of the road models, would be a good race with an SVX. They have 222 hp...thats more than a Mustang GT.

Megan
been there, lost that in the auto...beat that in the 5spd
phil
Old 03-25-2003, 08:32 AM
92SvxChick

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
I thought the Steath R/T was the same as the 3000 VR4. I'v seen 3000 LS's or somthing like that I belive thoes are the twincam non turbos, and I'v seen the base Stealths with the Caravan motor. Sad. But I'm still not sure of all the variations.

I'v heard of a Caravan with the Twin Turbo motor running 12's at NewEngland dragway, haven't seen it thoe.
Subafreak,
The Stealth R/T T/T(road and track twin turbo) is the same as the 3000gt VR4. The R/T(road and track) non-turbo..is the next step down from turbz and one step up from the base crapo models. The R/T non-turbo's have 222hp and the R/T twin turbos from 91-93 have 300hp and 94 and up have 320hp. Confusing i know.

Phast SVX,
I've had quite a few times where I was spanked when I had the auto and did the spanking when i had the 5 speed. Ya gotta love the manual tranny!

Megan
Old 03-25-2003, 10:15 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

This was just what I was thinking as I first started to read this thread.... I wanted to share my race with a 95 3000gt SL..... Here's how it went.

My buddy, Eddie owns a 1995 3000gt SL and I own a 1995 SVX L. The 3000gt is a 5 speed in awesome condition with the 3.0ltr Mitsubishi V-6. He Has a cat-back exhaust and a cone intake for his mods. At the time the only mod that I had done was removing the intake resinator and a K&N intake filter. He was sure that he would beat me and I was sure that I would not let the SVX fall to his Mitsubishi. (He is all about Mitsu and I am all about Subaru).... We both knew that there was only one way to settle this dispute. Go to HWY 68 just north of High Point N.C. The road is straight for about 3 miles with 1 stop light at the very begining and nothing else till the curve at the very end. So sunday morning at about 3am back in the spring of 2002, we went to the "proving grounds". The weather was very nice. it was about 68*F and nice and dry. No one on the road for as far as you can see. The race was the first one to 120mph. There was no distance. To make sure we didn't call it prematurely his friend rode with me and my friend rode with him to look at the speed-o. They had 2-way radio's to anounce the winner to.... This was well thought out.
So we're sitting at the light waiting for the green.... we see the other side turn orange and know that it is only seconds away... I can hear Eddie revving his engine..... GREEN..... I slam my right foot to the floor and am greeted by the little green "Power" light. A light thump of the AWD switching from 80/20 to 50/50 torque split.... While all this is going on eddie had just dropped the clutch in the SL from about 4500rpm's and is squealing his tyres... Right away I am launched about 2 car lengths ahead of him.... 40mph.... From outta my open windows I hear him shift to 2nd gear and bark his tires. Then I finally hit 2nd gear..... He starts to gain on me a little..... 60mph..... he shifts to 3rd and here comes the steam now... He was holding steady with me right on my rear quarter panel....... 82mph..... SVX shifts to 3rd and eddie pulls even with me. Than at about 90mph, he shifts to 4th and looks over at me and smirks!!!!! Little Fu(k!!!! I thought I was gonna push my foot right through the firewall... But he kept pulling ahead so very slowly... Must have been inches at a time. Finnaly we reach 120mph... He was infront of me by about half a car lengith..... I was kinda pissed but it was one hell of an even match up!!!!! Just to make my point to him that I was faster I kept accelerating right past him after he started slowing down..... With the additude that said, "you may have won but mine's still better than yours!!!!!"
Since then I haven't really raced anyone else.... But you can bet that ever since I told him that I was getting a 5-speed and a Performance exhaust and some other goodies he has been building his 3000gt up to try to stay just one notch above me... Well he can only go so far in a FWD car. I will always have the advantage of a AWD and better looks than the 3000gt!!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-25-2003, 11:18 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I believe the Stealth RT TT had smaller turbos than the 3000GTvr4.

- Rob
Old 03-25-2003, 11:32 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Nope.... They were exactly the same as far as drivetrain.... The only diffrence is that one body is made in Japan and the other body is made in the US to the same specs. Then there is the obvious diffrence in looks

The same thing goes for the Eagle Talon TSi and the Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. Diffrent body's. Same drivetrain.... Everyone belives that the Mitsubishi versions are better.... Fact is that they actually cost more than the American ones (Dodge, Eagle, and Plymouth), and somehow sold more... But they had the exact same specs as the American ones..... one was a Japanese engine in a Japanese frame, the other was a japanese engine in an American frame......... The name was the only real diffrences from those 2 sets of cars...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
DSM's?

Where's Solar? We haven't heard from him in quite a while...

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...