How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-21-2003, 12:28 PM
serious

Going price for my 95 svx L awd?

Hi all, i'm in the process of trying to figure out what to do with my svx that i bought. Originally i bought it for its drivetrain for my legacy, but it's going to take more work than it's worth to convert it.
It's a 95 svx L with awd. WRX blue color with only 61k miles on the clock with new rotors and recent 60k service. It will come with a reconstructed title after it's repaired.
The damage is a bent frame, pushed up about two inches-head light-side marker-air bags. The rest of the car is mint!
I plan on fixing the damage before i sell it. So what would you guys be willing to pay for this car provided the repairs were done professionally (minus the airbags) and everything look/worked as new?
Thanks
Brent
Old 03-21-2003, 12:57 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Value of a 95 SVX L AWD

Assuming it has frame damage and that it is properly fixed (you'd still have an announcement of frame dmg at an auction) anywhere from 3-5 grand depending on all the other variables. Why do all the Laguna's have to be so far away???
Old 03-21-2003, 02:05 PM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
i'm paying 5000 for a 95 L awd, and it doens't have frame damage, or any drivetrain problems, it's got paint problems... and trim problems...
so i don't know what you might get for one w/ frame damage
Old 03-21-2003, 04:17 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Re: Value of a 95 SVX L AWD

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
Assuming it has frame damage and that it is properly fixed (you'd still have an announcement of frame dmg at an auction) anywhere from 3-5 grand depending on all the other variables. Why do all the Laguna's have to be so far away???
I bought my '95 Laguna Blue SVX from a guy living in a suburb of Pittsburgh. The car has quite a bit of under-body rust. Most of the bolts are rusty and require copious amounts of PB plaster to get loose. Some bolts just break right off. I don't intend to buy another SVX from the East Coast.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:58 PM
Green1995SVX

I wonder why yours is like that. Mine has absolutely no rust to speak of anywhere, and ive never had any problems with even slightly rusted bolts. Weird.

Mike
Old 03-21-2003, 05:26 PM
sans SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I wonder why yours is like that. Mine has absolutely no rust to speak of anywhere, and ive never had any problems with even slightly rusted bolts. Weird.

Mike
Lately, I've been wondering if the guy used it as his winter car. That's about all I can figure.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:36 PM
Green1995SVX

That still wouldnt make much sense... my car has been used year 'round with the acception of this winter since it was new... it, in theory, should be just as bad.

Mike
Old 03-21-2003, 07:20 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Salt is corrosive and needs to be washed off. When it is not washed off, often in the winter when salt is used, it will cause the rust. I have been getting my car washed every week this winter. Last year it was no big deal as there wasn't that much salt being used. The top of the rear strut mounts are a definate needs to be flush zone. Those U spray yourself places are the best way to get the bottom side flushed out.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:22 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Re: Re: Value of a 95 SVX L AWD

Quote:
Originally posted by mbtoloczko

The car has quite a bit of under-body rust.
Are you talking about rusting body panels?
You coming to reading?
Old 03-22-2003, 10:41 AM
sans SVX

Re: Re: Re: Value of a 95 SVX L AWD

Quote:
Originally posted by svx_commuter

Are you talking about rusting body panels?
You coming to reading?
I was referring to the under-side of the car. Most cars have some rust underneath, but mine has an inordinate amount. Besides the greater than average amount of rust underneath, both the doors have body rust which started where the top of the plastic door trim panel touches the steel door. Probably started by the plastic panel rubbing the paint off the door.

I'd like to go to Reading, but its too far too justify. I'd be putting 6k miles on my car for one weekend of fun.

Visit my locker

Old 03-22-2003, 10:42 AM
sans SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by svx_commuter
Salt is corrosive and needs to be washed off. When it is not washed off, often in the winter when salt is used, it will cause the rust. I have been getting my car washed every week this winter. Last year it was no big deal as there wasn't that much salt being used. The top of the rear strut mounts are a definate needs to be flush zone. Those U spray yourself places are the best way to get the bottom side flushed out.
Yeah, I think the guy may have neglected to do that more than he claimed.

Visit my locker

Old 03-22-2003, 06:12 PM
SVXdriver_007

Re: Going price for my 95 svx L awd?

Quote:
Originally posted by serious
Hi all, i'm in the process of trying to figure out what to do with my svx that i bought. Originally i bought it for its drivetrain for my legacy, but it's going to take more work than it's worth to convert it.
It's a 95 svx L with awd. WRX blue color with only 61k miles on the clock with new rotors and recent 60k service. It will come with a reconstructed title after it's repaired.
The damage is a bent frame, pushed up about two inches-head light-side marker-air bags. The rest of the car is mint!
I plan on fixing the damage before i sell it. So what would you guys be willing to pay for this car provided the repairs were done professionally (minus the airbags) and everything look/worked as new?
Thanks
Brent
Thata a tough one to call as once the frame is bent it is damn near impossible to get it properly realligned. Is reconstructed the same as salvaged? I'm not sure m there the car soundds good witht he low miles and all but the tittle is going to lower the price.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:24 PM
serious

In the state on Montana it goes from salvage to reconstructed once the repair work has been completed and you get it inspected.
If you don't get it repaired/inspected the title stays salvage and can't be licensed i believe.
If i can't get the frame straight then i know of a certain parts car that will be getting cut up for the proper pieces.
Brent