Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 11:19 AM
BadDog

Unhappy FS: '97 SVX LSi, I'm in upstate NY

Just thought I'd post here before I try to trade her in anywhere... I need to sell due to divorce Probably won't help much, seeing as most folks here have already got a nice SVX LOL

Black, tan leather interior. ~52,000 miles. No scratches, no dings, interior very nice, most seats don't even look like they've ever been sat in. New tires and brakes 5,000 miles ago (when I bought her used from a dealer). The only problems I've had with her are a) a misfire in cylinder 1 that the dealer is investigating and 2) getting the tires balanced right (2 wheels mounted facing the wrong way when new tires put on, when I had a tire place moun them the right way and re-balance them, the balance got worse )

Amsoil air filter, engine oil & filter, and tranny fluid.

I need $18,000 to pay off the car loan... if someone can come close enough to that to offset the tax advantage I'd have on trading it in to a dealer (and taking a big hit on it) for a cheap car for my wife, let's talk.
Old 10-28-2001, 05:32 PM
Vincent

Wow, I wish I could take her off your hands for ya. Only I don't have 18 grand. Sounds like a sweet SVX. Good luck, I'm sure someone out there has the money and wants one.
Old 10-29-2001, 05:41 AM
BadDog

Thanks
Old 10-31-2001, 08:13 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: FS: '97 SVX LSi, I'm in upstate NY

Quote:
Originally posted by BadDog
Black, tan leather interior.
I'm sorry, I can't help you with the sale. But I'd like to see a picture of the leather interior you describe. I've only seen one-color interiors, unless they were changed by the owner.

Sorry you have to sell. That's a shame.

EDIT: Okay, I get it. It's black with a tan interior. I'm an idiot. I thought you meant it was a black and tan interior.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-31-2001, 11:06 AM
BadDog

ROTFL I read the first line of your post. Then I went "Huh?!?!?" and re-read my entire post like 3 times, then read the rest of your post... gotta slow myself down!!! :-)
Old 11-12-2001, 07:49 AM
BadDog

Bumpity-bump-bump?
Old 11-14-2001, 08:24 PM
george miller

97 SVX misfire

Sorry to hear your selling your car. I just bought a 97 SVX (to add to a 92) that had a similar shuddering problem as I drove 200 miles from the dealership. Most prominent when I hit cruising speed in 4th gear then backed off to 50. As I would accelerate the car would shudder. Got so bad the #3 cylinder would miss at idle & the engine warning light would come on. A tank of bad/regular gas from the Toyota dealer. I used a engine cleaner and an octane booster with a new tank of gas, no problems for the last 100 miles. Hope this helps.

P.S. I told the Toyota dealer the shuddering was a bad tranny and he gave me a 3 year warranty; all it took was a $5 can of octane booster!
Old 11-15-2001, 05:34 AM
BadDog

Thumbs up

George,
Good deal for you :-)
I'll give it a try, though I already used Amsoil fuel system cleaner and Amsoil engine flush (back in July, before the problem started)