How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 12-27-2002, 07:06 AM
casper150

need help..ASAP

I just recived a call from the subaru dealer were my svx was towed...and they told me i will have to get a rebuilt tranny put in it, because of a fluid flow problem... what im wondering,,,is if any of you who have had trannys go bad had the same problems as me...it all happened in one day...i heard a buzzing noise..and after the car was warm,,pulling out into the road, it started slipping, and couldnt evenhold a gear..so i pulled over, and then it did nothing...but there was also no noise that i heard earlier..i shut the car off, aand restarted a min later...same thing happened...the noise,and the car would move...anyone have something like this? any help would be great...i need to know what direction to go with it...weather its a rebuild tranny, or a tranny shop...or start taking things apart..
Old 12-27-2002, 01:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Did you see any tranny fluid on the ground? When the fluid is very low, you will hear a little buzzing, almost like little tiny BBs trapped inside the tranny. As for their description of the problem, it seems rather vague. Perhaps you should ask them to give you a more detailed description of the problem and the cause.

KuoH
Old 12-27-2002, 10:58 PM
casper150

didnt leak any fluid at all, i even pulled over and checked the level....also noticed that the fluid wasnt burnt... guess im going to pull the pan first and check to see how much clutch material, if any is in there...then i guess its time for the ole' 5 speed conversion..