Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum

Old 11-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Cindy McCain Drifting

How many are aware of this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncPJMUdwbzo&NR=1

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-04-2008, 05:20 PM

Re: Cindy McCain Drifting

Yup, I just saw that on ESPN. Palin's Husband a snowmobile racer and McCain's wife a drifter... they got my vote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Wow! I never even would have guessed that!

That deffinetly reinforces my opinion of the McCain family!

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 11-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstape View Post
Yup, I just saw that on ESPN. Palin's Husband a snowmobile racer and McCain's wife a drifter... they got my vote
This is a presidential election, not the X games.

I really couldn't give a damn about what she does in her spare time. What sane person doesn't enjoy thrashing around a large hunk of metal? I've met only one person who doesn't, and he's an outspoken tree-hugging, non-shaving granola pacifist.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
This is a presidential election, not the X games.

I really couldn't give a damn about what she does in her spare time. What sane person doesn't enjoy thrashing around a large hunk of metal? I've met only one person who doesn't, and he's an outspoken tree-hugging, non-shaving granola pacifist.
In all honesty, I don't like drifting. I don't think of it as a "motorsport".

But, knowing that she (and her son) enjoy something like racing is a nice look into their character.

Dustin

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 11-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
But you probably like some other form of racing. Almost everyone does, even prissy girls.

This to me doesn't speak anything about character. She could have a [horse]power fetish or something.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

[QUOTE=NikFu S.;571254]But you probably like some other form of racing. Almost everyone does, even prissy girls.

This to me doesn't speak anything about character. She could have a [horse]power fetish or something.QUOTE]

If seriousness is present, that would get my vote for the most useless comment ever....

I do enjoy most motorsports. But you can't exactly include the vast majority of "mad jdm tight, boy ricer" crowd as street "racing" is not a form of motorsport/racing. It's a law breaking pissing match.

Most street "racers" i've met wouldn't know what the apex of a turn is even after it hit them in a quick fury of reality, all because they thought they could drive "fast" around a corner.

Generally, when someone takes the time to properly learn a good hobby and usess the right outlet, its because they have a good head on their shoulders.

Dustin

My Locker

Old 11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
That's a bit of a stretch. Kinda like how some people take the time to properly graduate from law school and become hard-working, honest politicians.

You don't know that she doesn't street race, despite that being extremely implausible. That's an assumption. You also don't know why she has taken up this hobby outside of "her son got her into it". This is not the direction I am interested in moving toward anyhow.

Just because someone has a hobby that is not illegal does not mean jack about their character, and that along with the fact that most people enjoy exciting things was my main point here.

It seems to me the entire premise of the thread is based around "Oh look, Cindy McCain is cool, vote for John McCain because the media has been hiding how cool she is".

Amirite or am I right.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
That's a bit of a stretch. Kinda like how some people take the time to properly graduate from law school and become hard-working, honest politicians.

You don't know that she doesn't street race, despite that being extremely implausible. That's an assumption. You also don't know why she has taken up this hobby outside of "her son got her into it". This is not the direction I am interested in moving toward anyhow.

I never said she doesn't street race.......

All I said was that she atleast has the brains to learn a fun hobby in the proper manner, instead of ONLY street racing.

In the video she said her son bought her a 4 day training course at the Bob Bondurant racing school (to help her deal with her depression) and that she had been into cars most of her life (attending her first Indy 500 at the age of 12).

Just because someone has a hobby that is not illegal does not mean jack about their character, and that along with the fact that most people enjoy exciting things was my main point here.

It's generally much easier (and deffinetly cheaper) to go and find an illegal hobby. But the fact that she atleast has the smarts to not be stupid.....that shows nothing about her character? Ok...

It seems to me the entire premise of the thread is based around "Oh look, Cindy McCain is cool, vote for John McCain because the media has been hiding how cool she is".

It is, deffinetly. My point though, is that if this thread (or the opinions of the people in it) bother you enough to make you want to stir those same people, maybe think about not clicking the link.....

Amirite or am I right.
Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one. But don't try cleaning someone elses with yours.....it'll never work.

My Locker

Old 11-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
All I said was that she atleast has the brains to learn a fun hobby in the proper manner, instead of ONLY street racing.
I would venture to say that is the norm, not the exception.

Quote:
It's generally much easier (and deffinetly cheaper) to go and find an illegal hobby. But the fact that she atleast has the smarts to not be stupid.....that shows nothing about her character? Ok...
She's upper middle class, I don't see cost or any difficult in relation being an issue. Again, just because she is doing one thing that is "not stupid" doesn't mean she doesn't do plenty of other things that are, and again nevermind the implausibility.

Quote:
It is, deffinetly. My point though, is that if this thread (or the opinions of the people in it) bother you enough to make you want to stir those same people, maybe think about not clicking the link.....
You don't find it worrisome that a person will judge another off one small aspect of their personality, then somehow rationalize that aspect into a defining attribute on which to base important decisions?
This is wrong.

If you are bothered by the fact I'm bothered by something take your own advice and ignore it.

Quote:
Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one. But don't try cleaning someone elses with yours.....it'll never work.
Some people need help wiping.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
I would venture to say that is the norm, not the exception.

Not likely. Get outside much?

She's upper middle class, I don't see cost or any difficult in relation being an issue. Again, just because she is doing one thing that is "not stupid" doesn't mean she doesn't do plenty of other things that are, and again nevermind the implausibility.

Again, I never said she doesn't do stupid things, but the fact that she does have a hobby that is "outside the box" so to speak, I have alot of respect for her.

You don't find it worrisome that a person will judge another off one small aspect of their personality, then somehow rationalize that aspect into a defining attribute on which to base important decisions?
This is wrong.

No, because it's not my problem to worry about these peoples opinions about her or anyone else, I only worry about my decisions

If you are bothered by the fact I'm bothered by something take your own advice and ignore it.

Im not bothered by this at all. Maybe I've got a hidden agenda and had the OP make this thread just to lure you in here to have this very debate with you.

Some people need help wiping.

Again, that's just your opinion. I live by a general "You worry about you, I'll worry about me" sort of stance

Goodnight,
Dustin

My Locker

Old 11-06-2008, 03:23 AM

I am constantly amazed at the quality people that the liberal press keep trashing 24/7.

What a filthy piece of garbage the CNN CBS NBC ABC etc are. The never-ending "Praise and worship" free campaign to elect the "empty suit" was a disgrace to all real Americans.

I was just commenting to my wife how we never see or hear of any quality people that are in the liberal fold. Their only goal is to take from working Americans and "redistribute the wealth" to buy votes from another group that are too stupid to even know what is happening to them.

The liberals and their willing accomplices in the press spend their lives trashing God and America and any person that is a good example of what America was.
Our country is in trouble.
Sarah Palin is a great example of what real Americans are. She is actually "people". Everyone I talked to that was voting for McCain was doing it because of Sarah. If we had known a little mare about Cindy, we could have voted for McCain because of Cindy!

Go Cindy McCain!!

If anyone doesn't like my comments, please don't read this.

Keith
Old 11-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

As this changed from Competition to Political discussion, I moved this thread.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
Not likely. Get outside much?
I could ask the same of you, but at least I realize the ratio of decent people to fools is region dependent. There a lot of street racers where you live?

Quote:
Again, I never said she doesn't do stupid things, but the fact that she does have a hobby that is "outside the box" so to speak, I have alot of respect for her.
Ok, terrific. I'm just saying that a vast majority of people on the planet have "hobbies". That's like respecting someone just because they have dinner every night. Most people do it, some don't, but the ones who don't aren't necessarily bad people.
I can see respecting her as a competent driver, for driving, but this speaks nothing outside of her hobby.
Quote:
No, because it's not my problem to worry about these peoples opinions about her or anyone else, I only worry about my decisions
I suppose that's better for your health, to be apathetic.

Quote:
Im not bothered by this at all. Maybe I've got a hidden agenda and had the OP make this thread just to lure you in here to have this very debate with you.
Funny. I just wanted to see Cindy McCain drifting, but I saw someone in need of direction. It's not just in this thread, I've seen it all around people who decided to vote based on decisions like this. It horrifies me. I just wish gstape would respond and put my fears to rest.

Quote:
Again, that's just your opinion. I live by a general "You worry about you, I'll worry about me" sort of stance
Your opinion differs from mine? Just because you prefer to not be concerned about others, does this mean you do not think they can make stupid decisions?
Am I correct in assuming you happily and knowingly allow people to make certain unsavory decisions because you'd have them fend for themselves, provided they do the same for you?
That is not how checks and balances work. Consider my "worrying" to be "checking the balance". It seems tipped in favor of ludicrousness.

Anyway. I do not want to "debate" this issue, but will happily read and possibly respond in a minimal fashion to your next post, if you so chose to write one.

--
By the way, if you don't like what I said please don't read this.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 11-06-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Funny. I just wanted to see Cindy McCain drifting, but I saw someone in need of direction. It's not just in this thread, I've seen it all around people who decided to vote based on decisions like this. It horrifies me. I just wish gstape would respond and put my fears to rest.
Yup thats exactly why I voted for McCain.

But I sure do appreciate you looking out for me and giving me some direction, becuase I really have a hard time thinking for myself. To bad it is too late for 2008, I'll be sure to seek your advice in 2012 though.

Did you really think that I based my vote on drifiting and snowmobile racing or did you just want to write something stupid?

Maybe I voted for McCain (or against Obama) because of his energy policies, his belief in big government, a nanny state, government can and should fix everything, infantacide is OK, global warming is bad, carbon credits are good, the surge won't work, yes we can, no balance to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reed, a racist un-american pastor, university of chicago (I could expand here but I won't), talk about guns a religion, I could keep going...

I sure did miss reading your posts... they are very entertaining... glad to see you back Did I "put your fears to rest"?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: