SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 02:42 PM
Scottsubarus

Re: Where is Nate?

While I don't know for a fact why Nate has disappeared or has not sent parts ordered and paid for I do know this. At least on Facebook in Subaru pages that he has joined I would see members ask him for his expertise and advise with their SVX. It seemed more often than not after a long, detailed reply by Nate on what was probably the issue he would get totally blasted on the thread about what advice he gave, sometimes it was pretty mean. In one case where a member got a price from Nate on a JDM hood emblem from Nate the member bought it elsewhere at a lower cost. He posted the photo of the part he had received(which he waited some time for) and began the post with F_ _ K you Nate! Seriously why be that way. If you didn't mind waiting longer for the part, pay less and be happy. If you needed that week, expect to pay more. Supply and demand.

I don't converse with Nate a lot, and have not bought anything from him...yet but I have PM'd him (not through here) and received a prompt reply with solid advice. I THANKED HIM for his opinion and it helped my decision.

If he owes people parts, I hope they get them but other than that I can't blame the guy for not making himself more available for his knowledge.

Scott/Omaha
1992 LS-L Ebony
Old 12-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX

That could be, but it is no excuse to block people on facebook when they are owed parts. This doesn't look good for him.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 12-20-2015, 04:47 AM
Scottsubarus

I would agree unless the person blocked was one of the people talking like they were. But still an explanation would be nice.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:13 PM

Registered SVX

We are talking abut 1986Nate? If so, thank God i read this.
70' Olds Toronado
98' Renault Chamade
82' Honda Prelude
79' Honda Accord awaiting restomod.
69' Mustang Hardtop
67' Jeep Ford Willys awaiting restoration.
67' IKA Torino Coupe
74' Renault Torino Coupe
Old 12-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Just to explain things, I live outside the US. I knew Nate (at least over the net) way before he became a moderator here. Probably was one of the first who became SVX friends with him, and helped him at times of need.

I agreed with Nate that he gathers parts for me that I buy and send to him to be repacked as bulks that he sends my way. When the time came, wanted to talk to him over facebook but surprised to see him removed me as friend.

I was still able to send him messages asking about my stuff, until he blocked me entirely from facebook.

Nate I am still giving you the opportunity to send me my stuff man. Kindly contact any of our mutual SVX members for this. If I am out of the US, it doesn't mean you can scr*w me over.

Another reputed member also sent him money for parts which he didn't receive. I will let him shime in and reveal himself whenever he feels like it.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:11 AM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

I'm not sure why he is ignoring everyone, but he just posted about no longer keeping SVX parts, and is posting a list of everything he needs to sell.

Hopefully you gusy can contact him and get the parts you paid for.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckls View Post
I'm not sure why he is ignoring everyone, but he just posted about no longer keeping SVX parts, and is posting a list of everything he needs to sell.

The posting are on Face Book under several SVX groups.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:35 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhenderson View Post
Several months ago he sent me 6 dirty, "low mileage" ignition coils (one with a torn wire) for $150....now throwing CHECK ENGINE light, same as the old replaced ones.
They're used parts, not new. If there was a problem with one, I believe I offered a replacement with no response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
That could be, but it is no excuse to block people on facebook when they are owed parts. This doesn't look good for him.
It is when they're harrassing you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Nate is holding items for me for quite a while.

John, you know what happened to me those last 3 years, so my stuff are at Nate's and our last conversation was in March 2015 where he assured me that my stuff are safely tucked in his garage and at anytime he can send them to me at my request.

A few weeks back I realized he removed me from his Facebook contacts, I sent him a message without reply, then email after email and SMS after another, still without reply.

I need to have them shipped to where I am right now and I cannot get ahold of him to do so... I am still not expecting the worst from him... Anyone can help guys?
Basic and simplified rundown of the type of BS and dealing with Danny's selfish, self righteous thought process and how he tries to take advantage of situations. This is exactly quoted as I typed out to Chris Townsend, founder, etc of this forum upon his inquiry a little while back.

Quote:
Nate Gustafson

Seriously, international fraud he's calling it now?
Alright, so this all starts back about 5/6 years ago now, I'm trying to remember but will have to go in and go over the messages I think I still have.
Danny asks if I'll pick up a Mercedes from NYC and take it to port in NJ. I say sure, this amount. Okay. Then he's wanting me to do maintenance on the car to make sure it is able to drive up onto the ship or he incurs an extra fee. I say I'll do my best. He orders some parts/has me order some to take along on my trip. I say okay, but that's going to be more because now I've gotta tow it down further as I was staying with friends in southern jersey and also for whatever work I have to do. Starts *****ing about extra costs. So I just say fine, whatever. Think he agrees to send a bit more, I forget. Meanwhile, some of the extra parts he wants tucked in the car, certain things placed here and there because supposedly stuff gets stolen once overseas and this other stuff.
This is just a basis to realize how much of a ***** (mostly looking back) it is dealing with him. He expects everything for nothing. I also saw mention in the John Hoffman forwarded email about Danny saying **** about me starting or some other BS which is literally BS and I think there was other stuff that was either lies or made up. In any case, continuing on.

He asks if he can send "a couple of parts" for me to ship over when he's ready in addition to the few things that I didn't tuck/hide in the car that got shipped over. No problem. Well, a couple things turns into boxes upon boxes showing up at my parents house (where I was living before moving to PA) while I'm out on trips working on svxes and whatnot. I say, what the hell? And he starts getting pissy. You said, a couple parts, I now have a roomful of boxes of parts.

So then on one of my last big trips before moving was when I worked out with Mike moving to PA and all of that. I get back to Wisconsin maybe middle of December 2011 I believe it was and Danny is wanting me to ship his parts. I mention I am moving, I don't have time, because he is wanting stuff boxed and packaged a certain way but yet, not willing to pay me for any time if storage or anything. So I move to PA, having to leave a lot of stuff behind as I'll slowly move stuff but need necessities at first. Again, he's pissy about this. So finally a few months go buy and I've been able to get most of his stuff to PA, and yeah, I can box it up and ship it off. He gives me an address, whatever. Box it up, take it to FedEx, and ship it. It's like 5 good size moving boxes. Tell him the cost and that I boxed things up as secure and safely as I could using the boxes I have in hand. (Again, he doesn't want to pay for boxes so I'm not going to go out and get some) tell him the total cost and he's *****ing about the shipping price, then *****ing because I want something for my time. So I told him to go screw himself then. Meanwhile, when I told him to stop sending stuff months before, he apparently started sending stuff to Nathaniel Robison (wickedjuggalo on the forum) who can also attest to him not wanting to compensate and *****ing about every cost.

Anyway, turns out I ended up having a few parts left in Wisconsin that I overlooked/missed/whatever. So after things cool down and I let him know I still have a few things as it turns out. He then informs me he lost his job, had to move back, the economy is bad, blah blah. Hell let me know when to ship them. That was 3 years ago. In March, I said no problem on shipping or whenever it was as he contacted me again. No word at all until the end of October. Sends me an email, then again within a few days on my birthday Nov 1 while now spamming my Facebook with messages. Meanwhile, I'm not even home where the parts are (I've been home all of maybe 3 days over the last two months) and not to mention, extremely busy working on stuff all over the place. Figure I'll respond when I have a chance after the first couple emails and before he starts spamming the **** out of Facebook. From there, it goes to him spamming my Facebook, adding my brother and spamming him with messages and spamming who knows how many other people in every possible way, not to mention getting downright rude in his messages to me. So I block Facebook messages from him.

From a legal standpoint, I could throw the stuff in the garbage years ago. Or could charge him whatever amount of money for storage fees. I was planning on responding to him following Christmas as I'll finally have some time to relax. But at this point I really don't care. Which is exactly why u am waiting until I have a fresh mind and not just completely pissed off/aggravated to try and keep a cool head but he's made it increasingly hard to do so.
Not that it holds much water, but Mike Davis can attest to how aggravated I was with dealing with Danny as the initial shipping of items was when I had lived in his spare room upon first moving and getting on my...
Nate Gustafson
12/22, 12:43am
Nate Gustafson

Feet in PA.
My brother and parents can attest to the vast number of packages that showed up at my parents house.
Mate Robison can attest to his **** as he's had to go through the exact same thing. And also upon being messaged by Danny, responded by requesting to be paid for his time, at which there has been no reply to him from Danny.

Danny takes advantage of people, is extremely impatient, rude and self serving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckls View Post

Not "needs" to sell. But don't feel like keeping crap around to ensure the community still has parts down the line, but due to people like Danny, and many others I've dealt with in various fashion and especially having a few people screw me over including Andrew Goldstein, David Caron and his buddy Derek, and the overall stupidity/ignorance of most newer svx owners/purchasers have frankly made me lose my passion for the SVX and the car community in general. I've sacrificed a lot to keep many of these on the road and gone out of the way (and lost money) to help others including you Charlie.

I'll sum this up by saying that rrhendersen, or anyone else who feels as if they are/were not satisfied with a part they received, to contact me and I'll gladly clear things up within reason. I'm on the road a lot, and when I have people screw me out of $2k+ and have to work twice as hard to pay the bills, I don't have much time, and less so the mindframe to respond to typically demanding and impatient people.

-that's all for now

Last edited by 1986nate; 01-25-2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:52 PM

Registered SVX

Nate sent me a crank pulley once for a fairly good price. Also helped me once or twice through FB messages when trying to do some things to my svx.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:50 PM
5spd + coilovers = win :D

Registered SVX

Nate has sent parts to me promptly and has let me know when parts are delayed in shipping. He's hand delivered the best looking used windshield I've ever seen on any car, and also hand delivered a fender when FedEx messed up and returned it to him, and also partially refunded me for that whole debacle.
He's sometimes taken a day or two to respond to my messages, but that's understandable considering how busy he is and how much he gets spammed by others.
Talking to him in person, we've discussed how some people in the community are truly pushy and self-centered nowadays, which is why I've also been absent from the community for the most part.
Mods: Power Slot front rotors, polyurethane sway bar bushings, window scratcher fix, SPD hood struts, Outlaw Engineering phenolic spacers, Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar, R-134a conversion, 93 Legacy SS 5 speed swap, Ceika coilovers, ARP head studs

2001 Black Toyota Sequoia (hauler/daily)
1992 Blue Toyota Cressida (drift car)
1992 Red Toyota MR2 (weekend/track day car)
Old 01-26-2016, 07:46 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

Nate has always been a stand up guy IMHO....
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-26-2016, 07:55 AM
Hater

in all my years of car forums, i've only ever had trouble here. now that's not to say everyone here is an *******, but i can understand Nate's frustration.

one memorable incident happened when a forum admin was doing a "group buy" of some JDM items. paypay'd him $240, wait SIX MONTHS. was then told that the items could not be acquired as planned. ok, fine. refund? "no, that's just how it goes." so NINE months later after much complaining on my part, i get my money back, minus Paypal fees.

posts relating to this matter all deleted of course.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-28-2016, 12:29 PM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Not "needs" to sell. But don't feel like keeping crap around to ensure the community still has parts down the line, but due to people like Danny, and many others I've dealt with in various fashion and especially having a few people screw me over including Andrew Goldstein, David Caron and his buddy Derek, and the overall stupidity/ignorance of most newer svx owners/purchasers have frankly made me lose my passion for the SVX and the car community in general. I've sacrificed a lot to keep many of these on the road and gone out of the way (and lost money) to help others including you Charlie.

-that's all for now

please do not take my posting as some form of attack on you. People are just looking for you, and I just posted what is publically accessable on facebook. Never once have I ever taken advantage of your kindness towards SVX owners, and as such I feel like I should not be indirectly shamed as you have in the post.

Now I'm sorry people have issues with him. I fortunatly have not. He brought me a 4.44 and helped swap it in when I was stranded in FLorida. He's helped me multiple times since then. He's trusted me by letting me hold an SVX for him to save him a trip.

Last edited by Chuckls; 01-28-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:03 PM
soup IS good food

Registered SVX

I wasn't planning on bring this up in public prior to resolution, but since Nate brought my name up, I need to clear it.

My '97 SVX needed a headgasket job in the spring of 2014. I worked out the details for Nate to do the job. I believed that Nate's experience would allow him to the job more efficiently than my local mechanic. I also bought a '93 off of him at the same time. He towed the '93 out to me and picked up the '97 and a Subaru reseal kit that I had purchased. Several weeks later I sent Nate $1500 via paypal to cover his parts costs as he worked on the car.

Starting in October of that year Nate claimed that the car was completed and he just needed to work out his schedule to deliver it back to me. The first proposed delivery date was around Halloween 2014.

In January of 2015, Nate informed me that the engine was back out of the car and at a machine shop. The quoted facebook message follows.
"i should be able to get the mileage, and the engine is back out do to bottom end noise. I dropped it off along with luckily having a set of rings and bearings at the machine shop on Monday, supposed to be done tomorrow. I know there is a time crunch for getting the car back to you asap for the tristate. Started it up last weekend and had some bottom end noise. This kinda thing can happen randomly. Luckily I had/have all parts available to get it taken care of."

In June 2015, Nate once again claimed the car was completed. I asked him to get the car inspected so that I could pick it up and drive it home instead of waiting for him to deliver it. I flew into Erie, but when I arrived Nate told me the car was locked up in the inspection shop and he couldn't get it.

Nate finally brought the car out in October 2015 and dropped it off at my mechanic's shop. I did not meet him because it was rather late when he arrived. After dropping off the car, Nate informed me not to worry about a closed off vaccuum port on the intake manifold because it was something that the OBD I had but OBD II did not. When I inquired about the changed manifold, he informed me for the first time that he had put a different engine in the car.

I inspected the car with my mechanic the next day. The "new" water pump was leaking at the thermostat housing where a large chunk was missing, the plastic tray under the engine was missing and exhaust hangers were also missing. The car had been sitting so long that the rotor had rusted (Nate did leave a set with the car) and a rust spot that was starting on one door had rusted through. The worst thing though was that the engine has what my mechanic describes as a "rod knock" that the previous engine didn't have and sounds worse than my '93 which is barely above a parts car.

After several weeks of little response from Nate, I paid my mechanic $600 to clean up the sloppy job. On the first test drive, the upper radiator hose blew because Nate had put a clamp on lopsided. The hose was not original, I had it replaced with the radiator.

We got the radiator hose replaced and I managed to drive it for one day before the alternator wires melted. I admit it may have been a coincidence, but that does not seem likely.

One other item that probably developed with the car sitting for so long was a u-joint is now squeaking very badly. Again, possibly not the direct result of Nate's work, but between the time it sat and the fact that he disconnected the drive-shaft to tow the car each way he likely contributed to it.

Throughout the time Nate had the car, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, even defending his slow responses and intermittent "disappearances." I was even giving Nate the chance to resolve this without discussing in public, however since Nate decided to throw my name in the dirt, I felt the need to respond.

Andrew Goldstein
'89 XT6
'08 Impreza
'18 Crosstrek

Totaled
'98 LGT ~180K
'97 OBW ~185k
'93 SVX Less Reddish

Sold
'89 XT6
'04 VDC Sedan

Parts
'89 XT6
'96 SVX
Old 03-24-2016, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Received an SMS text message on my iphone from an unfamiliar number

Said Type in "Nate Gustafson Wisconsin" into Google. Is this him?

Immediately followed by a second text with this link

http://gaygamer.net/2008/01/kmart_ga...ef_busted.html

Article originally published in the Sheboygan Press.

Was an 814 area code with a 732 exchange. This is around Edinboro, PA. I know no one up there.

While my email address is part of my signature, not many on the network here have my phone. And those who do show up as a contact. Either way this is disturbing if true.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 03-24-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Closed Thread