How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-14-2001, 05:17 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Well who knows if they are right or not, infact we REALLY need this site to be translated!\
If you look down you will see the pic of the prototype SVX and then some info about it.

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/y_taniguchi/svx/dataroom.htm
Old 03-14-2001, 07:17 PM
joeaux

Exclamation

Hey did you go through the two catalogs at the bottom? If so you'll see that there were some cool options available on the Japanese SVX in the early days. Examples: Another set of cool stock wheels! Very sway! An the prototype spoiler was available too. Nice. As an aside the European catalog cover (see below) was the very first shot I'd ever seen of SVX. I owned a Legacy and an XT GL-10 TurboTraction and that picture was in the Subaru Drive magazine as a "teaser" for the New Look Subaru. I knew from the minute I saw that picture that I had to have one. About 6 years later I got one. A brand new one. Man, do I love Subaru cars!
-joe-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eucata01.jpg (48.0 KB, 207 views)
Old 03-14-2001, 07:32 PM
joeaux

Question

You know, the more I look at this page, the more I realize that there is a LOT of good information here. Can anyone translate Japanese? The chart at the bottom above the catalogs seems to be how many of each type were made or some such. Would be nice to know!
-joe-
Old 03-14-2001, 08:03 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

ya`

Its just for the Japenese production numbers by color...they sold SEVENTEEN 97's......maybe his info is wrong? But i did find out that our wheels are on the version E of the alcyone...which is the cheapo model L here......makes you wonder....
Old 03-16-2001, 05:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
SVX Brochures

http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~delta_co/svxcloud.htm

I went to this site above using AltaVista Translator (the other one listed had a statement that their business plan was changing).

Anyways, I went through the site which seems to be for Delta Speed and he/appears to sell the side chin spoilers...I sent an email so crossing fingers.

In addition, the site about the brochures in the first post in this thread shows two borchures (I have a copy of the black cover one that is a jpg on this thread if anyone wants me to photocopy it) BUT! the site I have put a link to will show you about 5 or 6 brochures that I would do anything for! I don't know the exact link since ALtavista does not appear to show the site address.

Regards

Jamsvx

PS: no-one was interested in my post to swap/trade :-(

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 03-16-2001, 06:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to paddlesnz
Prototype performance charts

The sales data figures are for total domestic monthly sales in Japan but no breakdown for the two grades sold, Version E (the cheaper model) and Version L.

If you need any more of the info translated let me know and I'll be happy to do it, even the whole page.

paddlesnz
Gunma (SVX birthplace)
Japan
Old 03-16-2001, 06:33 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Yay!!!

A contact in Japan!! I have just spent the last 3 hours staring at translations of sites...nice but tiring!

Ever heard of performance shops called either Delta Speed or Flatt Performance? The former does chin spoilers and the latter does an exhaust!

Jamsvx

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 03-16-2001, 03:35 PM

Delta Speed makes a front lip spoiler for Y25,000 and they are in the process of making a side spoiler kit.

Flatt Performance makes/sells racing spoilers, suspension kits for the SVX and other Subarus. The only exhaust system I could find for the SVX was an all stainless steel system for Y125,000.

If you need any more details about either of the above, let me know and I will ring them direct.

paddlesnz
Gunma
Japan
Old 03-16-2001, 03:41 PM
Rev Hard

paddlesnz...

Yeah i need to know what you can get the flatt ecu for as far as price. I really want that or the Prova chip but it seems prova will only do it by exchange and i dont really want to 'exchange' mine from 70 billion miles away...

I wanna swap rear sections.. cornerlights... anything different. I'll pay shipping. let me know...

PAUL!
Old 03-16-2001, 03:54 PM
joeaux

Yep, I used the Babelfish translator at AltaVista for the data page. Worked pretty well. The numbers for domestic cars is pretty hard to believe. That few in '97. Huh? It's still got very good info for the diehard SVX nut. I'm keeping a translated copy in my archive of stuff.
-joe-
Old 03-16-2001, 03:56 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Thumbs up

<<A contact in Japan!!>>

Not JUST Japan . . . Gunma! Are you on the level "paddy"? If so, that's super cool. Go take some shots of the "hospital" in which our babies were born! Also, if you could find one of the engineers who worked on the SVX, it'd be great to see if he'd do a "webcast" for the 10th anniversary meet. (Of course, if SOA would fly him over to talk to us face to face, that would make it even mo' betta!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-16-2001, 06:21 PM
blonde_man

Flatt Performance SVX Suspension Kit??

Quote:
Flatt Performance makes/sells racing spoilers, suspension kits for the SVX and other Subarus.

paddlesnz!

It would be GREAT for us to get some information on the suspension kits for the SVX! Our suspension setup choices for the SVX are very limited. We can either get stock Subaru struts/springs, or if we are lucky, find some rare Koni inserts. Also only Ground Control is known to offer different spring/coils for the SVX. Right now no one makes a larger rear sway bar for SVXes, but many SVX owners would like to buy one.

So any information you could give us about the suspension options in Japan would be GREATLY appreciated (prices, part numbers, etc)! I have heard that some SVXes in Japan had BILSTEIN shocks? Do you know if they are still available?

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2001, 07:48 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Cusco

Since Cusco is sooo big into subaru racing sports, wouldnt you think they somewhere along the line might have produced a setup for an SVX? It'd be great to get into contact wiht them.
Old 03-16-2001, 11:43 PM

Yep, I have been living and working here in Gunma as an English teacher for the last 4 years. The Subaru factory is about 20 minutes from where I work. I hope to visit it in the near future. I've only had my 93 SVX for just over a month.

Here is the link for the catalogue of Flatt Performance Parts.
http://www.ac.wakwak.com/~flatt/FLATT-KATAROGU.htm

The suspension kit they offer is made in Holland and priced at Y328,000 and includes stabilzer link.

As for the Flatt ECU, I'll e mail them later today and inquire as to price/availability.

If anybody needs to know the price of SVX parts here in Japan, just let me know.

I priced the hood emblems this morning, Y4000 and the rear center light with Alcyone SVX is Y26500.

paddlesnz
Gunma
Japan
Old 03-17-2001, 04:21 AM

Flatt Racing ECU

Price for the above ECU is Y80,000

If you want me to get more details let me know.

Here is the link

http://www.flatt-racing.com/pages.html/svx.html

paddlesnz
Gunma
Japan