How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-23-2001, 05:57 PM
sith

Midwest Meet Pics

Back from the midwest meet, lots of fun, I'm sure people will post more here as they get in, just wanted to get the pictures up quick. They're in my locker:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?sith|428

Thanks Mike for getting this together!
Old 06-23-2001, 08:17 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Wheels

Looks like a nice get-together!

One question....whose car was the red one? What is the brand and name of those beautiful wheels? Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 06-23-2001, 10:13 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Thumbs up Just got back in.

I just got back in from the meet. Amazing cars and great people. To those of us who could not make it, you missed out on a lot - well on AreDub's moments anyways. I had a great time although I was the odd one out with the eclips since my car is still in the shop

Great job Mike. And nice to meet all of you. We should do this again -- and this time I promise, I'll bring my svx.
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 06-23-2001, 11:39 PM
Casper Killer

Send a message via AIM to BLKSVX92 Send a message via Yahoo to BLKSVX92
Well what to say what to say....

First off, thank you to everyone that came!!! It wouldn't have happened with out all of you It was fantastic to finally meet everyone and finally have a meet in the midwest, 2 years of trying and it finally happened, and i feel that it was a definite success. Pics are up in my briefcase, along with a short mpeg of randy washing his svx, unfortunaly i dont feel like changing 135 some frames to make it right side up right now...so just tilt your head and enjoy 7 cars, 11 hours later the meet finally ended, it was great for those who came, if you didnt you really missed out!!

Hope everyone had a safe drive home, i know some of you had a LONGER drive then others, but it was worth it

Now to plan it again for next summer, with some more plans it can really be big

Sith-great car, nice to see NO spoiler, and wow didnt realize you took so many pics
Leo-Amazing comes to mind, fantastic car for a fantastic person, great to meet you
Randy-2 years later, we finally met up, bummer about the fender, but our infomercial demos were good
Doug-Only one i got to toy with, oh dont worry about letting you win just remember that if you think its faster...then its worth it
Dan-Great to meet you..it was nice seeing the REAL pearl color, hehe
Colon(spelling?)-Fantastic seeing you, even if it was only for a little bit...sharp polo green
Sam-Great to see you....got to join the club..oh the Stebro sounded GREAT
Lwin-Next time it you have to bring your svx, great meeting you..cant wait to see it

Some MWM extras
What is a widget???? Basically a ping pong ball, go figure
Who like weatherstripping? Maybe Dual hood scoops?? HAHA who ever said the car had to look good to sell the product....obvioulsy they didnt think so, they found a loop hole

1992 SVX Build 4/91 SOLD TO gsodonis
2002 Civic Si SOLD
2005 Lancer Evolution VIII TRADED
2008 STi
Old 06-23-2001, 11:40 PM
Casper Killer

The Red 94 is Leo's (1994subarusvx) Rims are 17" Enkei's covered in Nitto 225/45

Sith looking through your pics and noticed one that you took of my intake, now is that a clean car or what, its like a mirror

2002 Civic Si SOLD
2008 STi

Last edited by BLKSVX92; 06-23-2001 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-24-2001, 01:13 AM
KEVINL

Very cool I wish I was there
Old 06-24-2001, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BLKSVX92
Pics are up in my briefcase, along with a short mpeg of randy washing his svx...

who ever said the car had to look good to sell the product....obvioulsy they didnt think so, they found a loop hole
1. Mike, where is the mpeg of Randy washing his car? I saw the pics.
2. What do you think will sell better:
a. Dual hood scoop
b. Weather Stripping the car
c. Pics of Randy washing the car *whistle*

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 06-24-2001, 11:35 AM
Casper Killer

Sorry about that, the mpeg is there now

Good ?, most likely weather stipping, but watching randy wash his car was pretty good

2002 Civic Si SOLD
2008 STi
Old 06-24-2001, 01:11 PM
joeaux

Seems like a nice get together. It's always a pleasure to see this many of these cars in one place. Nice pictures. They reenforce a couple of notions that I've always had. One, that the Pearl White with Black Deck was (is) the best paint scheme. Still wish to this day that it had been available in '96 when I bought my Red LSi. The other notion? That these cars are beautiful without the spoiler. Sleek and slim. Just like Giugiaro designed it. Where is the mpeg? Can't seem to find it.
-joe-
Old 06-24-2001, 02:08 PM
LordLobo

That was quite a bit of fun and it was very educational. For example, special thanks goes to BLKSVX for teaching me the ways of using the manual button...man does it make a difference!

Looking forward to the next meet.
Old 06-24-2001, 08:30 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Just got home about a half hour ago. The wife pulled out a gun at an exit and made me turn off and go through the OUTLET MALL!! YIKES!

I can't say, in words, what a great experience it was. Always great to meet other SVXers, and hooking up with ones you've gotten to know.

Doug and Colin, we've got to stop meeting like this . . . NOT! Perhaps we can buy an Island and start an SVXer community, huh?

Sam, hope you got to work okay. Still can't believe you fixed that hose on the side of the road. Bravo!

Dan, my tuxedoed twin (well, kinda), hope the block party turned out to be more fun than a trip to the book store . . . but I doubt it. Tell Christine howdy for us.

Colin, the younger (Sith). I've never heard anyone talk so much. You've got to get a grip on that chatter. Sheesh!

Leo, now you can see that I'm not much different without a hangover. Hope Marcela had a great time and enjoyed her time with her family (both blood, and 'extended').

Lwin . . . when driving through . . . the crowded city . . . don't drive fast . . . you'll get no pity . . . Burma Shave! Great to meet you, dude. Look forward to finally seeing your car.

Robert, it was a pleasure to meet you. You've got a fine son there.

And, finally

Michael. Thank you for your hard work and time. It was a most excellent meet and, of course, too long in coming. I especially appreciate the pressure washer infomercial, even though the HOST usually demonstrates the product. Now, I can actually "see" you online and "hear" your voice in your posts -- as well as the others.

So, why do the English put ping pong balls in their beer?

Why would anyone ever want to put weather stripping over their turbo relief valve?

What type of sushi does someone named "Bubba" eat?

Do twin scoops have little "pop-ups" when they get cold?

Who has the "splooge" mod on their tires besides Doug?

I could go on, but, I'd better let those who were there catch their breath before another barrage of laffter!

Thanks again, everyone! I HAD FUNNNNN!!!!!!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 06-24-2001, 10:38 PM
Casper Killer

Great to hear that everyone is getting home fine after a wonderful meet. Now when do you want to have this again next year, I can organize again (hopefully better ie hotels and what nots) if we all want to do this again, if we can all drag even 1 more svx with us we could have almost 20!!!!!!!

Why do they put ping pong balls in their beer????--So you have to pay that much more to drink it...and to confuse people and make people ponder what exaclty is a widget?!?!?!?!

To funny to funny....i guess no one else will really understand what we are talking about...but oh well, it was hilarious

"Bubba" you've got.....well....we've decided that you have a "interestingly odd" svx Sounds good too, but.....there is another that may sound better (have to dig that needle in)

Splooge here splooge there, i thought it was "spooge" but you never know when or where it might turn up

Thanks again to everyone who showed up, it really made my day, hell my year. It was fantastic.

2002 Civic Si SOLD
2008 STi
Old 06-24-2001, 10:53 PM
Casper Killer

there is no picture for the mpeg...just looks like a file, it is the last item in the MWM folder

"To never have met a person and to meet them for the first time and have the overwhelming feeling that you have known them forever"-The SVX experience (My thoughts anyways)

2002 Civic Si SOLD
2008 STi
Old 06-25-2001, 12:50 AM

Quote:
"To never have met a person and to meet them for the first time and have the overwhelming feeling that you have known them forever"-The SVX experience (My thoughts anyways)
I feel that too. I guess it comes from the fact that we are all attached to our SVXes which in turn make us all alike and in many ways. It's a unique feeling...
lwin
Old 06-25-2001, 07:45 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
there is no picture for the mpeg...just looks like a file, it is the last item in the MWM folder

Excellent quote, and, if I may borrow from the widget people, spot on!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI