Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2012, 02:20 AM

Heated seats, stereo ?

Does the NZ or Aus new SVX come with heated seats ?
Also, did it come with a factory CD changer in the boot ?

I'm trying to find these items to make my NZ new JDM* car into a genuine fake, NZ new car.

"NZ new JDM" means built for JDM, but sold new in NZ with 0000 on the odo. Never used in Japan.

I've got the CD changer, but the cartridge which holds the discs is gone.
Also looking for a NZ new stereo (NZ frequencies).
Old 09-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Heated seats, stereo ?

Heated seats only went to some Euro markets and Canada as a very select option. Very, very few were ever equipped. Your best bet is to watch for the switch to pop up on one of the euro ebay sites and then just use heating elements from an outback. You might be able to get a new heated seat switch from Subaru Canada for a not too horrible price.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:28 PM

Cool Re: Heated seats, stereo ?

Shane,

I bought heated switch set from ebay a few years ago, still waiting to use it.....

Marcus (Hairy) has the CD stacker in his SVX.....

I also bought the heated side mirror switch & the headlight washer switch (again from ebay) - still waiting to use these also........

Let me know what you end up doing ... as I would love to get these switches working.....
Old 10-13-2012, 03:24 AM

Registered SVX

There are a pair of black heated seats from a UK car on ebay at the moment item number 320997416092
If you win them I could possible arranage the shipping for you at cost.

11/94 SVX Alcyone, Mica Black, VL Spec 4WS, 71K Miles, 1 owner from new & was part of a private car collection in Japan.

Nissan R34 Skyline Stagea

91 Lotus Elan SE Turbo

1966 MGB Roadster, Tarten Red, Wire Wheels, Leather, 23K miles from new

You can tell the men from the boys from the speed of their toys.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:44 AM
SVX Addict

Send a message via MSN to BRADY Send a message via Skype™ to BRADY
Registered SVX

Having just frozen my butt off last night in my car, heated seats sound nice. Those and fog lamps, head lamp washers and heated mirrors would really suit where I live. When I have some $$$ I hope to reach out!

I am disappointed that Subaru Australia decided in 1992 that we don't get cold, dirty headlamps or ever drive through fog. All of those features would actually suit the part of Australia I live in.
1992 SVX Mica Red/Black (Ruby Pearl) (ADM)- 290,000 kms. With Koni adjustable front shocks, THRICE o/hauled 4EAT with transmission cooler and now the 'QUICK CHANGE' unit, custom PWR aluminium radiator, replacement water pump, fuel pump, crank pulley, Pioneer 6 x 9 rear and 6 inch front speakers, Sony Head unit, rattles from the front end and steering, front DBA slotted rotors. Blown heater core, ruined CV joints, new car park damage. FOR SALE... www.thebeatleboys.com
Old 10-14-2012, 12:25 PM

Smile Re: Heated seats, stereo ?

Shane,

what about this -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAM-1500-250...c4cecd&vxp=mtr
Old 10-15-2012, 01:20 AM
Aussie in enemy territory

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneHobson View Post

I'm trying to find these items to make my NZ new JDM* car into a genuine fake, NZ new car.

"NZ new JDM" means built for JDM, but sold new in NZ with 0000 on the odo. Never used in Japan.

How do you know it was first registered in NZ Shane? Just curious...

Mine is NZ new and has the factory CD/Cassette combo stereo that still works fine but the speakers are a bit rattly. It does have a cover in the boot for a CD changer and there was one available here as an option. No heated seats or mirrors unfortunately...
Old 10-15-2012, 01:49 AM
SVX Addict

Registered SVX

Quote:

For the record:

All Aussie SVX are the same. Leather, glass headlamps, VTD. The Australian models DO NOT HAVE: Heated seats, heated mirrors, electronic folding mirrors, fog lamps (front or rear), headlamp washers or radio control on the steering wheel, NO CD changer (although the 'box' remains, as does the wiring harness..) It DOES have single disc CD player and Aust. freq. on radio)
1992 SVX Mica Red/Black (Ruby Pearl) (ADM)- 290,000 kms. With Koni adjustable front shocks, THRICE o/hauled 4EAT with transmission cooler and now the 'QUICK CHANGE' unit, custom PWR aluminium radiator, replacement water pump, fuel pump, crank pulley, Pioneer 6 x 9 rear and 6 inch front speakers, Sony Head unit, rattles from the front end and steering, front DBA slotted rotors. Blown heater core, ruined CV joints, new car park damage. FOR SALE... www.thebeatleboys.com

Last edited by BRADY; 10-15-2012 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Typo.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURTEESS View Post
Looks promising. Now to figure out how to buy through eBay. Perhaps I'll look at ebay Aus and convince my uncle to buy it and ship it. Cheers,
Old 10-15-2012, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Ewie** View Post
How do you know it was first registered in NZ
I have the original ownership papers which indicate an odo reading of 000000 when registered to the first owner on 9 Jan 1992. But it was built for JDM, 180 km speedo etc. So I am trying to change items to NZ new equivalent, but not bastardise the car. It's first owner (indicated on the ownership papers) was an employee of Subaru NZ. I also want to upgrade where possible, such as heated seats.
Stuff I'm looking for :
NZ new OEM stereo & cd changer
NZ bonnet badge (5 stars, not the horns)
rear badge instead of a sticker (acquired)

Stuff I won't be doing :
Fit after market stereo

Having the old style ownership papers, I know the name of each of the previous owners. Once the car is out of the panel shop (next week hopefully) I plan to visit each previous owner (there's only 3) and see if they can share any history with me about the car. Hopefully that isn't considered stalker behaviour.

I was also going to visit the infamous "Trevor" who seems to have been banned from this site. He appeared to be a knowledgable person who wasn't afraid to share his opinion on anything at all. I'm sure he would be an interesting person to chat with.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:37 AM
SVX Addict

Registered SVX

Quote:
I have the original ownership papers which indicate an odo reading of 000000 when registered to the first owner on 9 Jan 1992. But it was built for JDM, 180 km speedo etc. So I am trying to change items to NZ new equivalent, but not bastardise the car. It's first owner (indicated on the ownership papers) was an employee of Subaru NZ. I also want to upgrade where possible, such as heated seats.
Stuff I'm looking for :
NZ new OEM stereo & cd changer
NZ bonnet badge (5 stars, not the horns)
rear badge instead of a sticker (acquired)

Stuff I won't be doing :
Fit after market stereo

Having the old style ownership papers, I know the name of each of the previous owners. Once the car is out of the panel shop (next week hopefully) I plan to visit each previous owner (there's only 3) and see if they can share any history with me about the car. Hopefully that isn't considered stalker behaviour.

I was also going to visit the infamous "Trevor" who seems to have been banned from this site. He appeared to be a knowledgable person who wasn't afraid to share his opinion on anything at all. I'm sure he would be an interesting person to chat with.
I met Trevor in 2010, whilst touring NZ with The Beatles show I am in. He is a gentleman and an SVX encyclopedia.

I was lucky enough to see several SVX in NZ. More than I see in OZ!

If I were you, I would keep the 'Horns'. I want to distance the car from Subaru, as they have done of it.

If NZ gets JDM cars, (which it appears to) then keep it JDM!!

All of us other suckers with AUDM or USDM cars are trying to mod them to be MORE JDM!

Rear badge? Keep it badge-free! Badges are for BMW's.

The rear panel ideally should read: Alcyone SVX

Or less sexy is: SUBARU SVX.

Just my opinion!

Last edited by BRADY; 10-15-2012 at 02:41 AM. Reason: snarf, snarf.