Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 10-10-2011, 01:46 AM

Registered SVX
Re: oddness of my oddity is being odd :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestone View Post
Just in case it helps... the guys I got my replacement engine from probably still have the gearbox. Had only done ~80000km.
thanks mate if it is damaged enough to need a rebuild or new tc il just find a manual box and convert it , i might have actually found a gen 3 lib 5 speed donor car , so il see how things pan out
Old 10-10-2011, 05:47 PM

Registered SVX

If you get the Gen3 one you can also use the tailshaft from it. That's what I put in when I went to the 5 speed.

M
Old 10-11-2011, 01:12 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomatt View Post
If you get the Gen3 one you can also use the tailshaft from it. That's what I put in when I went to the 5 speed.

M
oh ok sweet that makes things a bit easier
i was kind of hopeing dad wouldnt have to shorten or lengthen (whichever it needed) the stock svx one
thanks for the tip matt
Old 10-11-2011, 11:04 PM

Registered SVX

well just went and saw the mech ... turns out it is literally stuck in 3rd gear it stalls in every other gear and basically almost does in 3rd aswell he managed to get it to drive around the block (a few hundred meteres) and it didnt change gears up or down or even attempt to do so , as well as the torque coverter being locked constantly .

so looks like il have to get this 5 speed im looking at

still dont know how or why it decided to just lock up like that though, unless the breakdown of the tc somehow made it stick in 3rd aswell ??
Old 10-12-2011, 07:16 PM

Registered SVX

got the car towed back home , tried a few other things (removed the resistor thats beside the battery, didnt make a difference just showed the code for it , tried removing the maf plug when running and it stalled out ,

looked at everything i could see and noticed a little vac hos under the manifold that goes from a little connection bit behind the a/c to the iacv (i think) has broken away from the iacv .

would that cause the car to stall out when a gear is selected ??

also noticed when trying to put it in gear the tc doesnt seem to be locked anymore which it was before and would make a loud clunk noise , now it doesnt make the cluck noise just stalls out

il try to remove the vac line and replace it tomoro before work and see if it stops the stalling out
Old 10-12-2011, 07:59 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aust92pearl View Post
tried removing the maf plug when running and it stalled out ,
To test the MAF, you unplug it before starting the car. If you unplug it, it suddenly stops reading air flow, so of course it will stall. If the ECU knows it's not there when it starts, then it knows to just ignore it.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 10-13-2011, 01:13 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
To test the MAF, you unplug it before starting the car. If you unplug it, it suddenly stops reading air flow, so of course it will stall. If the ECU knows it's not there when it starts, then it knows to just ignore it.
i tried that as well, it stalls after about 3-5 sec without it plugged in
Old 10-13-2011, 08:10 AM

Registered SVX

well i won a gen3 5 speed liberty for $1525
yay
now i just gotta work out payment and when i can afford to pick it up and hopefully i can get it in my pearlie by mid next year or sooner
Old 10-13-2011, 07:03 PM

Registered SVX

if the tc wasnt installed correctly and the pump was damaged would it work fine for a while say 800km (500 miles)then start to play up then stop working all together before it reached 1000 kms (600 miles)
just trying to find possible causes for my trans to take a dump

not that im terribly worried about it now that i will have a 5 speed in it in the near future would just like to work out how what and why

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: