1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6
Old 04-18-2011, 06:39 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Fully Carbonfiberized & Alcantra Interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURTEESS View Post
How did you manage to do away with the airbag on the Momo steering wheel? I noticed that you have passenger side SRS ?.
You can just put the wheel on with the airbag unplugged. I have a similar one (mine has black in the center) and that's what I may have to do. Leaving it unplugged should throw an airbag light, preventing the entire system from working, including the passenger side. It would be great if we could confirm that the airbags from those cars are electrically compatible with the SVX. I think mine should be since they're from around the same time (93-98 JDM Legacy GT).

You would also have to modify the steering wheel to retain cruise control since most of the JDM/Momo ones don't have it stock for some reason.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 04-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

Simply amazing.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 04-18-2011, 10:35 PM

Registered SVX

Alcantara stuff aint cheap
how much that stuff cost in the end?
Old 04-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Domo Arigato

dang. Nice work.

Does it smell like new car now??

Links:
2004 Honda S2000 (2008~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Liquid Silver (2007~2008)
1996 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl (2006~)
2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross (2005~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Pearl White (2001~2005)
1994 Mercury Sable GS (1999~2001)

1/43 Scale SVX Models

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-19-2011, 06:17 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
You would also have to modify the steering wheel to retain cruise control since most of the JDM/Momo ones don't have it stock for some reason.
Strange, but it's true. The one I picked up from NASIOC did have it... I wasn't aware that you could buy them otherwise!

I really don't know if you can modify them without being really crafty. Cutting the hole for the stalk is not a big deal, but the internal bracketry is very different where the stalk mounts.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Posting since Dec.'98

Registered SVX

I'm not a fan of Carbon Fibre but that is really well done.

How is your access to the Nav system? The reach looks a bit far. Or have you included voice command?
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:36 AM
work in progress

Send a message via AIM to LastSVXintheChi
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
agreed!!!!!

1992 dark teal SVX LS
Old 04-19-2011, 10:31 AM

Thanks for all compliments. feedback on some of the questions.

1. they are real carbon-fiber fabric hand wrapped over the stock pieces. The original interior color was tan. so much detail to be looked after for a thorough conversion. I happened to came across this guy who has all the skills and willing to take on the challenge of wrapping over every single plastic piece of the interior large or small and all shapes as they came.. just crazy like me : )

2. it's not 100% done yet as I still need to put on the speaker covers and sunroof control panel..

3. The momo steering wheel came from a wrx I believe as I bought it off the internet. The airbag system works as I had a great close mechanic friend who helped me with the conversion. The airbag light went off (assuming that means OK!) as soon as we connected the modified receptors back and it was high fives & all! we did have to grind a small portion of the stalk for the svx airbag clock to fit in the momo steering wheel and it was the momo bag receptor that had to be swapped with the original svx bag receptor. I am not all that technical but will try to get some pictures as we still need to reconnect the horn and find a way to make the cruise control work..

4. The screen on the passenge side is actually a TV system intended for the wife... gotta have something designed for her to get her support (for those married should know what I mean here : )... still need a full audio system, been thinking about the 2din alpine set up.. will see..

5. for the transmission shift console, it's still in wood as I plan to make a 6spd conversion and assume that the plate will need to be modified for the manual shift, so, once the gearbox is in place, will finish the carbonfiber conversion.

6. the seats are Recaro sport. Driver side (90% new) with full electric recline and height adjustment, heater, and vent system. The passenger side (brand new) has got the elec height adjustment system. both remain in stock fabric surface. will rewrap them in leather and alcantra once worn out instead of wasting the newness (if I ever drive it often enough)

more to share later... thanks!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:28 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

That really is gorgeous! I love the black rests/fabric!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansvx View Post
Thanks for all compliments. feedback on some of the questions.

1. they are real carbon-fiber fabric hand wrapped over the stock pieces. The original interior color was tan. so much detail to be looked after for a thorough conversion. I happened to came across this guy who has all the skills and willing to take on the challenge of wrapping over every single plastic piece of the interior large or small and all shapes as they came.. just crazy like me : )

2. it's not 100% done yet as I still need to put on the speaker covers and sunroof control panel..

3. The momo steering wheel came from a wrx I believe as I bought it off the internet. The airbag system works as I had a great close mechanic friend who helped me with the conversion. The airbag light went off (assuming that means OK!) as soon as we connected the modified receptors back and it was high fives & all! we did have to grind a small portion of the stalk for the svx airbag clock to fit in the momo steering wheel and it was the momo bag receptor that had to be swapped with the original svx bag receptor. I am not all that technical but will try to get some pictures as we still need to reconnect the horn and find a way to make the cruise control work..

4. The screen on the passenge side is actually a TV system intended for the wife... gotta have something designed for her to get her support (for those married should know what I mean here : )... still need a full audio system, been thinking about the 2din alpine set up.. will see..

5. for the transmission shift console, it's still in wood as I plan to make a 6spd conversion and assume that the plate will need to be modified for the manual shift, so, once the gearbox is in place, will finish the carbonfiber conversion.

6. the seats are Recaro sport. Driver side (90% new) with full electric recline and height adjustment, heater, and vent system. The passenger side (brand new) has got the elec height adjustment system. both remain in stock fabric surface. will rewrap them in leather and alcantra once worn out instead of wasting the newness (if I ever drive it often enough)

more to share later... thanks!
What about the climate control modual how are you planning to deal with it?
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 04-19-2011, 03:31 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansvx View Post
Did you swap the charges or the plugs?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 05-28-2011, 08:23 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

I'm also curious on how you went about dying? the color of the upper dash where the pass. airbag is and door sides? If you don't mind sharing...
Old 06-04-2011, 03:53 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

very nice job looks very good! Im planning on redoing mine as well, awesome job very encouraging
Old 06-04-2011, 09:26 PM

Registered SVX

Looks fantastic.
Im not fussed on carbon either but since its such a profesional job it looks like it originally came like that.
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration