Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-26-2002, 01:08 PM
DNSB

Bi-level for vents, and other problems

Why is there no Bi-level for my car???
Is the heater suppose to work from the 'top' vent's too? Or not? Because I can tell you, I cannot live without those vents!!!!!
I think my a/c broke or something, because now, even cold air won't come out of those vent's. just the bottom, and def. vent's.
So, I'm not sure what to think right now about the a/c, or those vents.

And, another problem.

My car does not like to idle in Park. It will, but if I drive it for a while(hour or so) if I put it in park, the idle will jump, then go down, then jump again(At this point, the Check engine light goes on) then it dies. If I put it in "N" it doesn't do that
I'm thinking about giving it a tune up, but I want to fix that problem first.

This will be a long and tiring process, trying to work on my car. I swore I wouldn't take my car in. So, I'm going to need as much help as I can from you guy's!

~Deja_Blue~
Old 08-26-2002, 01:44 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Re: Bi-level for vents, and other problems

Quote:
Originally posted by DNSB
So, I'm not sure what to think right now about the a/c, or those vents.
There's a box with levers on it under the dash. One of the lefers that opens the air passage to the vents is probably stuck. If you search for it you will find more information on that in this site.
Quote:
My car does not like to idle in Park. It will, but if I drive it for a while(hour or so) if I put it in park, the idle will jump, then go down, then jump again(At this point, the Check engine light goes on) then it dies. If I put it in "N" it doesn't do that
There is also a thread on this site on how to check the engine code for when the check engine light comes on. I was able to follow those instructions to pull the code. If you remember when you were visiting, my check engine light was coming on and then stayed on. The code told me exactly what the problem was.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:47 PM
DNSB

Yes, right after I posted the message, I remembered what had happend to my 'old' impreza. The heater crap, is under the dash. So, I looked. I didn't know what to look for at first, but I turned on the car, and the Auto for the A/C. I figured what part it was, and your right, it was stuck. So, I got more of that synthetic grease and will put more on it later.

I think the reason why it keep's dieing, is because I put too much antifreeze in the coolent. I'm not for sure if that's the problem or not, but it could be. So I will drain some of it out.
I do have a book for the SVX. it's the book that contains other Sub's too. I bought it when I had my Justy. So I will read more about the code's later.

Thanx David. (*Kiss*)

~Deja~
Old 08-26-2002, 05:16 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

Quote:

I think the reason why it keep's dieing, is because I put too much antifreeze in the coolent. I'm not for sure if that's the problem or not, but it could be. So I will drain some of it out.

Thanx David. (*Kiss*)

~Deja~
Although I am not sure what is wrong with your car, I can be sure that the antifreeze is not the problem.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:09 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
I do have a book for the SVX. it's the book that contains other Sub's too. I bought it when I had my Justy. So I will read more about the code's later.

Thanx David. (*Kiss*)

~Deja~
I did a quick search for the thread with the instructions on how to determine the error code:

click here to go to that thread
Old 08-26-2002, 08:16 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

I think the reason why it keep's dieing, is because I put too much antifreeze in the coolent.

The only way the antifreeze could be causing the car to stall is if you poured the coolent in the gas tank. A definate no-no.

Ron

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:21 PM
The Road Less Traveled

And here's the thread where I put a pic of the connector and wires as well:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...highlight=code

VK
Old 08-28-2002, 09:51 AM
DNSB

I'm still not sure why it won't idle long in Park. I havn't had the time to look at it or anything.

Thanx for the code's, I will look into it more when I have time to

~Deja~