Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 05-05-2009, 10:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
florida meet on may 16th

i know i don’t post much more these days, but I am having a car meet and greet at my house on Saturday may 16that 9.00 pm, it is located near Valancia and lake underhill, in east orlando

the gathering starts at 9 and open to anyone,

beer,wine, and cigars will be provided

please PM me or Email for a invite

solarsvx77@aol.com
Old 05-05-2009, 04:44 PM

Re: florida meet on may 16th

My transmission is still in pieces, or I'd be there.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX

if orlando wasn't so far away ;-/

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)
Old 05-06-2009, 07:02 AM

Registered SVX

maybe we can line something up some other time, a place that is close to eveyone
Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input

I'm now offering partial rebuilds for $999 (assuming it isn't literally in pieces and doesn't have hard parts damage). Having rebuilt dozens of these things now I have found that they almost always fail in the same few places most of which are caused by a failing high clutch.

The SVX version of the 4eat has the strongest clutch pack arrangement of the OE 4eat transmissions (phase 1 transmissions) but the high clutch still isn't quite strong enough to hold well with the heavy svx. It slips at light cruise while the rpms are low. This is a clutch pack capacity/fluid pressure problem. When the high clutch slips while you are cruising around at speed it wears quickly and creates a lot of heat. The reverse clutch frictions spline into the outside of the high clutch drum. Since the reverse clutch frictions are riding on the high clutch drum they catch a lot of the heat from a failing high clutch. On the earlier models which have smaller reverse clutch frictions they are not able to disperse the heat quickly enough and fail along with the high clutch. The brake band operates on the reverse clutch drum and also becomes a victim of the heat from a failing high clutch. About 80% of SVX transmission failures are these high clutch with accompanying brake band and on the early production units reverse clutch failures.

Almost all of the remaining 20% of failures are a crumbled thrust bearing on the nose of the rear support caused by overheating of the bearing which hardens it until it crumbles. This can be prevented by installing a good aftermarket atf cooler and not using the oe atf cooler at all (the cooler in the radiator is a huge restriction and it should not be used). In addition, when I build a transmission (or a valve body)I modify the valve body to increase the lubrication flow to prevent this. A failed bearing causes a lot of hard parts damage. I can not do a partial rebuild on one of these transmissions and prefer not to rebuild them at all. A transmission that has failed in this way will have bearing rollers in the pan. If someone sends me one as a core they do not get their core charge back.

Since the rest of the clutch packs are always in relatively good condition I can do partial rebuilds of SVX transmissions that don't have the failed bearing at a very affordable price. I replace only the bad parts in these transmissions--upgrading the high clutch with better frictions and more frictions to increase its torque holding capacity so it doesn't slip anymore and modifying the valve body to increase the clutch apply pressure to further increase its torque holding capacity. With these partial rebuilds you end up with a transmission that shifts very fast and no longer has the weeknesses which take out almost all SVX transmissions.

There's no longer any reason for SVX owners to live in fear of an inevitable transmission failure that will cost more than their car is worth to repair. If you use a good aftermarket cooler and completely bypass the cooler in the radiator you won't get hard parts damage and when your high clutch and brake band do start showing symptoms if you send it to me to be rebuilt/upgraded you can get it back much better than ever for an affordable price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynardg View Post
My transmission is still in pieces, or I'd be there.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Just some dude.

I say we do the 1/4 mile track at west palm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsvx View Post
maybe we can line something up some other time, a place that is close to eveyone
Old 05-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

my svx is in utah till august but I'd come in my integra... lol
Old 05-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Orlando would be an easy ride but the timing was a conflict. How about a mid-point like an event at Sebring? My son was there Tuesday for filming (IMV Films) of the One Lap of America trials. Easy day drive. They then came to Gainesville Raceway for the drag trials and today went to Daytonal Raceway for the finals. The Gumball Rally is coming through Gainesville tomorrow. Not sure where they started.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)

Last edited by bwb3; 05-06-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Just some dude.

orlando is kind of a haul for me but at least there I've got a girl I can crash with. I don't know anyone in sebring.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:15 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3 View Post
Orlando would be an easy ride but the timing was a conflict. How about a mid-point like an event at Sebring? My son was there Tuesday for filming (IMV Films) of the One Lap of America trials. Easy day drive. They then came to Gainesville Raceway for the drag trials and today went to Daytonal Raceway for the finals. The Gumball Rally is coming through Gainesville tomorrow. Not sure where they started.
Gene
my best friend john is there on one lap racing with john miller in the m5

he will be at my place on saturday
Old 05-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777

I'll be there.

I'm still SVX-less though, as my front diff is still grenaded. I'll be in the mud-covered Jeep Wrangler.

I'll send you an email for exact directions... I'm on Econlockhatchee Trail. My friend lives at Chickisaw/Lake Underhill though, Want me to see if he comes out? He's got a 350Z, he's a drifter.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 05-08-2009, 06:46 PM

Wish I could be there. My SVX is kicking ass still! Just license problems with the law, and going out of town for a few weeks. Let me know, im stuck in this state till college is over next year.
Darrell
Old 05-12-2009, 11:18 AM

Registered SVX

tuesday bump, open meet for this saturday night