SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-28-2001, 07:37 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Gas Milage for my trip.

Hi guys. I just did a 1534.1 miles trip to MI from Chicago with my SVX. Mine just gave me 21.215 mpg @ around 80 mph with AC running at 21C through the whole trip. (total gas used is : 72.312gal.)

I think my MPG is slighly too low. Any help on how to get a better MPG?

Thanks.
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 05-31-2001, 11:56 PM
Jedi Member

No clue, but i'd like to see some tips (besides "Don't floor it at every stop sign!") Been traveling down and up to the Red Rock area near Sedona and even through the switchbacks (which completely kick ass in the SVX) I'm still getting 19 to 20 mpg.
'01 Legacy Outback, White,
Old 06-01-2001, 01:18 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

We regularly get 24 to 26 mpg on the highway (between 65 and 80 mph, depending on my mood). I don't understand why so many are getting less. I wonder if 'pure stock' might have anything to do with it?

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 06-01-2001, 01:44 AM

Since I got the car, I have never came close to 25. I usually drive around 70mph and i have 79k miles on the car now. I got it with 75k about 3 months ago. Am i doing something wrong? I use the power mode once in a blue moon (like 3 times a week when I get pissed at the guy in my lane infront of me).

But still 20mpg shounds too few. What can i do? my car is fully sotcked apart from the headlights.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 06-01-2001, 09:16 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Things to watch:

Tire pressures (a biggie)
Alignment
Air filter
Tune up

Anyone care to add?

Steve
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 06-01-2001, 09:30 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Steve, looks like you covered the basics. I'm a little gunshy about chiming in these days. According to my brochures . . . never mind, I'll stick to the facts. FACT: I get around 26 mpg hwy (that was on the way back from Reading at speeds averaging 85/90 mph). FACT: I get 21 mpg with mix of country/city driving on my commute. FACT: My car is stock (except for the K&N drop in) and is approaching 154K, so, it is my opinion (not an EXPERT opinion mind you) that 20 mpg is not good -- OOPS, I strayed into the opinion arena, please forgive me.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 06-01-2001, 09:42 AM
sith

On a run up to the U.P. last weekend I got about 29mph, mostly highway driving, cruise set between 62 and 73 or so. That was the first real tank of gas I've gone through on the car, so I can't tell you want it gets city. Just turned 53k.
Old 06-01-2001, 09:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Gunshy ?

Aredub,

<<<I'm a little gunshy about chiming in these days. According to my brochures . . . never mind, I'll stick to the facts. >>>>

You, gunshy. Now that's funny. Just get out our 'Tater' and stretch the spandex zebra thong. Now you have the perfect sling shot.

Larry IiI (AWS: Always Was Short)
Old 06-01-2001, 11:03 AM

I got new filters, I got new tires. Aligment is straight. I am putting premium in my tank ( i know i am paying an arm and a leg ). I change filters every 3000 miles. I put in 20-50 syn. oil. I think I might be missing something. Anyone want to trade?
Lwin
Old 06-01-2001, 11:28 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Steve, looks like you covered the basics. I'm a little gunshy about chiming in these days. According to my brochures . . . never mind, I'll stick to the facts. FACT: I get around 26 mpg hwy (that was on the way back from Reading at speeds averaging 85/90 mph). FACT: I get 21 mpg with mix of country/city driving on my commute. FACT: My car is stock (except for the K&N drop in) and is approaching 154K, so, it is my opinion (not an EXPERT opinion mind you) that 20 mpg is not good -- OOPS, I strayed into the opinion arena, please forgive me.
ROTFLMAO! You just cannot accept that you might, just maybe, be wrong can you? I've been shown where I was wrong, it stings for a bit, but it don't leave a lasting impression.

I'm sorry guys, our grand exalted high pubah will never again be told that he is wrong by me, lest he should have a hissy fit. Now I must leave, I'm going down to KXLY, it's only a couple of blocks away, and I'm going to go in there and tell them that because I *own* a TEEVEE I know all about the advertising industry! Got my green robe on, hairs all askew and a velvet and water in hand. Where's that dang cat....here eddyyy...eddddddy, kitty, kitty. Aw shucks, I'm going to have to go by myself.
Old 06-01-2001, 12:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
<<You just cannot accept that you might, just maybe, be wrong can you?>>

Yes, I can. If you do a search on the Yahoo archive, you'll see a few times I've admitted, apologized and groveled. I've wiped the egg off my face, eaten my crow and gone on with it. That's the reason I am more careful of my replies, but, I won't guarantee I won't be wrong again, but will gladly admit it, and take my lumps, if proven so. Enjoy your visit to the TEE VEE Station.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-01-2001, 02:08 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
[BYes, I can. If you do a search on the Yahoo archive, you'll see a few times I've admitted, apologized and groveled. I've wiped the egg off my face, eaten my crow and gone on with it. That's the reason I am more careful of my replies, but, I won't guarantee I won't be wrong again, but will gladly admit it, and take my lumps, if proven so. Enjoy your visit to the TEE VEE Station. [/B]
I started stumbling up to the teevee station only to be accosted by several po-leece types saying I looked suspiciously like a *don* that walked around New York City in his bath robe. Now I only know one *don* and he's a dink, so I said okay, eddy just laffed and climbed in the car with me. (I didn't realize that they had moved the po-leece station!) It used to be six blocks away, today me and Eddy had to trek 4 miles or so home. I would have gone to where my wife works and got the SVX, (the new station is darn near next door), but as much as she loves to see me in the green robe and hairs all askew, I doubt her co-workers would appreciate the look!

Back to reality Aredub! You are one of the kindest people when it comes to helping new club members! Don't get so upset when you are wrong, you rarely are. You love your car, and you have gone to great pains to scan information for people and help in more ways than I probably could. I value your input above most anyone I have seen on either site...you're a purist too!

Now, having bowed and kissed his royal highness's zebra stripe clad bottom...can't we all just get along?
Old 06-01-2001, 02:23 PM

Registered SVX
Truce!

Uh . . . um . . . ahem . . . I'm all choked up. Damn! I hope that doesn't mean I have to go and delete the last response I just now posted in the AWS thread.

Yes. We can get along. As I've said before, I'm the first to admit that I'm opinionated and stubborn -- my wife is the second.

As far as I'm concerned, it's over {offers hand for handshake}

Okay, everybody, let's get back to work. There's nothing else to see here. Break it up. It's all over. Clear out.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-01-2001, 02:32 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: Truce!

Quote:
Uh . . . um . . . ahem . . . I'm all choked up. Damn! I hope that doesn't mean I have to go and delete the last response I just now posted in the AWS thread.

Yes. We can get along. As I've said before, I'm the first to admit that I'm opinionated and stubborn -- my wife is the second.

As far as I'm concerned, it's over {offers hand for handshake}

Okay, everybody, let's get back to work. There's nothing else to see here. Break it up. It's all over. Clear out.
Yes, you should have deleted it. I read it after I read your last post on this thread. Just when we were getting back to normal...done deal. I don't give a **** anymore.

BTW- you have the manuals in front of you, I don't. Too bad you didn't keep that there bad tps your tranny guys talked you into buying! Would have saved you several hundred dollars I'd think.
But what the heck would I know?
Old 06-01-2001, 10:33 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Uh, uhm, tire pressures?
Ah, winglets?
How about reeeel skinny high pressure bicycle tires?

Can we please get back to the thread now? I think you've gotten all the mileage (sic) you can out of that.

Steve
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>